By MISTWALKER CORPORATION
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The second iOS game from Mistwalker Corporation is a defense real-time strategy game.
Set up units with different capabilities to prevent invasion by enemy aliens.
Take advantage of maneuvering units, BLADEs.
Start attacking enemy aliens and their nests by releasing BLADEs from transportations.
Transform BLADEs into spherical shape and roll them around on stages using gyro sensor in order to defeat enemies.
New style of tactical defense game with attacking elements.
Use BLADEs skillfully and prevent mass alien attacks.
What's New in Version 1.1
- iOS6 compatibility fixes
- Added the retry capability
- Various improvements and minor bug fixes
A Diamond In The Rough
Blade Guardian is the best App Store game I have ever played. It requires concentration, creativity, strategy, and long term thinking. Each level has to be completed in just the right way to set yourself up for the next level. You have to fully understand and prepare for each of your unique enemies. The graphics are lovely and effective, but the gameplay is what makes Blade Guardian so great. This game can challenge you, take over your mind, and break your heart, all in one sitting. Good luck!
Decent TD game, has interesting twist.
As TD games are one of my favorite genres I play most of them. This is a decent game but not up to fieldrunners standarsds. The offensive twist is nice to destroy the enemy hive. I do also like the building of the inexpensive walls.
However the game could definitely use a difficulty setting, maybe as simple as easy, med, hard. It would also be nice if the towers showed how far along they are in the upgrade tree.
If you like TD games then you could pick this one up as it is only 99 cents. Hopefully the dev will update to make tis game even better and it will get its forth and fifth star.
Potential is there, lacking basics
1. Lacks tower names and descriptions
2. Lacks a manual, website no help
3. Cannot see upgrade costs until you can afford it ;-( it gets worse
4. Tapping a tower to check status/upgrade disables the tower until tower is deselected.
5. Touch control is poorly implemented - often leading situations where you manage to tap your tower, perhaps even manage to upgrade it, then realize that tapping to deselect is failing...leaving your sorely needed tower upgrade disabled (see item 4).
6. DANGER: while this list is not comprehensive, these flaws alone may cause temporary insanity and endanger your phone should you at some point chuck it into the pavement.
--on the bright side, at least the people who made this game are too embarrassed to charge you for beta testing it....wait..........
- Category: Games
- Updated: Oct 04, 2012
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 46.2 MB
- Languages: English, French, Japanese
- Seller: MISTWALKER CORPORATION
- © Mistwalker Corporation
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPad, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation), and iPod touch (5th generation).