By Mark Cerritelli
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
A (almost but not quite) blind friendly game!
One person "draws" a path, and another tries to trace the path via audible clues. The path tracer can wait for the path to be completed, or while it is being made! Can you catch up to your friend?
Apart from the opening screen there are no visuals, so I encourage you to play the game with your eyes closed. Play the game with a partner or alone!
I'm having a lot of fun with this game! It's the first game I found that works for me as a blind person.
Tips for the player:
• You will need to disable VoiceOver to use this app.
• I found that if the app is not responding, it works if I exit and reenter it.
• You'll know the game is working when you tap the opening screen and it makes a longish noise and, if you have some sight you'll see the screen go black. There is a certain noise when you place your finger on the screen to start the path and a different noise when you remove your finger from the screen and complete the path.
Suggestions for the developer:
• As far as I can tell, the instructions are only available visually. They would be more accessible for blind folks if they were in an audible format.
• it would be nice if there were already some paths in the game, whether established or auto generated, so I don't have to find someone to draw paths for me. :-)
• Thanks for a fun game! I hope you make more games that work for blind people.
Ppl, it is easy! All u have to do is tap around for the start point, then drag your finger without going towards the monster noises! If u don't know how to play- just read the instructions! It is actually really fun! And it is SUPPOSED to be a blank screen... The point is to LISTEN to it!!! ;) thnx
A blind man's review.
As a blind man, I can tell you that it does work. My son showed this to me comma and after he fought me how to use it, It was a lot of fun. It is meant to be played blind, and some people said that there was nothing, but it shorts for me comma and its fun.
- Category: Games
- Released: Apr 30, 2010
- Version: 1.0
- Size: 2.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Mark Cerritelli
- © 2010 Mark Cerritelli
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.