BlinkID® uses a mobile camera to capture data from ID cards, passports, driver’s licenses, visas, work permits, and other identity documents in just a few seconds.
BlinkID supports all documents containing MRZ (Machine Readable Zone), which includes most ID cards and passports. Majority of EU country documents are supported, including France, Slovakia, and Czech Republic. Documents with the PDF417 barcode are also supported, including driver’s licenses in all states in the US, Canada, and certain countries in Latin America. For some countries and documents, complete scanning and OCR is available for both the front and back side of the document.
- Real-time data capture
- High accuracy in extracting all data
- 150+ countries supported
- Front and back side data capture and comparison
- Image extraction of ID photo or signature
- A new, fast and robust card detector
BlinkID is one of the products from Microblink Ltd., a research and development company with a mission to simplify data entry in mobile and web apps using camera input. Built on advanced AI methods, our proprietary computer vision (OCR) technology captures data from identity documents, receipts, top-ups, payment slips, boarding passes, and many other.
If you like BlinkID, try out the SDK for free to see how ID scanning would work in your app. More information is available in GitHub documentation and on our website: https://microblink.com/products/blinkid
We constantly improve our ID scanning technology and add support for new documents!
• Support for new documents and fields
• added support for reading the back side of German Driver’s License with B10 support
• added support for reading the front side of Mexican Voter ID card
• added support for reading the date of expiry on the back side of Cyprus ID card
• Improvements in ID scanning performance
• improved reading of Swiss ID cards (front side)
• improved reading of German ID cards (front side)
• improved reading of Croatian ID cards (front side)
• improved personal number extraction on Slovak ID cards
• improved reading of Malaysian MyTentera cards with our new DeepOcr support
• improved reading of Singaporean Driver’s Licenses (front side) with our new DeepOcr support
• improved reading of Indonesian ID cards (front side) with our new DeepOcr support
• improved quality of the returned images of IDs with our new image quality detection component
Ratings and Reviews
This app could use a tune up. Its easy to use but way to simple. It scans ids quickly but it gives you a set format for info and can only send through email. I believe there should be an option to choose which info gets transferred to text and doesnt. There should be a favorites option in countries. Maybe a way to store the info you scan in the app and organize by date they were scanned.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.