Where do the world’s smartest people get their ideas? From great books! Blinkist transforms the key insights of 2500+ bestselling nonfiction books into powerful packs you can read or listen to in just 15 minutes.
***Included in the App Store’s Best of 2017 selection***
Over 7 million users treat us as a companion on the most noble and challenging journey we know: fulfilling human potential.
GET THE KEY INSIGHTS OF 2500+ BESTSELLING NONFICTION BOOKS
• Sharpen your professional skills with the best business books in your field
• Explore your many-sided self with the most impactful self-improvement titles
• Discover new perspectives on the world with bestsellers on economics, science, history & culture
• Stay on top of the latest trends and ideas in your professional field
SWITCH BETWEEN AUDIO AND TEXT
• Listen to audio versions to effortlessly slip learning into your day
• Create your own personal audio playlists to customize your learning experience
• Learn hands-free at the gym, in the car, or doing chores with Autoplay
• Read and listen offline
ENJOY PERSONALIZED READING RECOMMENDATIONS & EXPERT-CURATED LISTS
• Always know what to read next—we’ll suggest titles based on your interests & reading history
• Discover reading lists curated exclusively for Blinkist by thought leaders like Arianna Huffington, David Allen, and Dan Ariely on topics such as productivity, business, smarter living, and more
BENEFIT FROM A HUMAN TOUCH
• Focus only on the best nonfiction—our editorial team carefully selects every one of our titles
• Enjoy lovingly written summaries of key ideas by field experts with a passion for explaining complex matters in simple, beautiful language
LEARN THE WAY SCIENCE INTENDED
• Retain more thanks to a format based on neuroscientific research
• Understand quickly and easily thanks to crystal clear language and short, powerful content
IN THE PRESS
"Blinkist is an intriguing new app that encourages you to read more nonfiction books... It’s a fun and fascinating way to discover new and interesting topics” - The New York Times
Named one of Europe’s Hottest Start-Ups in 2016 by Wired
“There is no such thing as too much knowledge. If you would like to expand your horizons, but don’t have the time to read, Blinkist is a speedy and convenient way of learning” - TheNextWeb
"Blinkist offers a terrific service – great ideas distilled down to their very essence. For those of us who are deeply curious about new ideas on success, happiness, innovation, progress and more, it’s a great start." - Forbes
“The audio feature is an awesome way to dive into a book while folding laundry or cooking a meal.” - BuzzFeed
HOW IT WORKS:
Getting started is simple. Download the Blinkist app now and sign up for a free 7-day trial. We have monthly and annual plans available.
Blinkist Premium costs $19.99 per month (monthly plan) OR $119.99 per year (annual plan).
You can cancel at any time during your 7-day free trial via the iTunes store settings and then you will not be charged. Also, plans automatically renew unless you turn off auto-renew in your iTunes account 24 hours before the end of your current subscription period.
With Blinkist Premium you have:
• unlimited access to 2500+ titles
• unlimited access to audio versions of all titles
• personalized recommendations from the Blinkist editorial team
• the ability to read & listen offline
• a send-to-Kindle feature
• the ability to sync highlights with Evernote
Questions? Suggestions? You can speak to a real person at Blinkist. Our trusty customer support team is just an email away --- simply write to firstname.lastname@example.org
Our developers squashed a few bugs for this newest version and carefully polished the app from the inside out, so now its true colors can shine through! Most changes happened below the surface, but don't worry: we're building new features to share with you, soon!
Ratings and Reviews
Who has time to read these days? We do! That’s thanks to Blinkist’s brilliant summaries of top nonfiction books. Not only are the articles packed with insight into business, culture, and self-improvement, they’re designed with busy schedules in mind. Seamless switching between text and narration is super-useful on the go, and finding topics couldn’t be simpler.
I was never one to read, I fact I read to go to sleep because my mind associates reading with a back burner activity. I feel like a totally millennial when I say, I’m too impatient. Just give my what I want with out all the fluff and painfully long, drawn out explanation. I’m truly apologize to those that do enjoy that. As I myself finding blissful delights in my passions, like in art and design. But when it comes to reading, I see the fundamental and overwhelming value of it, but as one that had been brought up in this hyper-informational generation, trying to take an essential sip from a firehose will just make me spit it out and avoid it altogether. That being said, I give this review because just as other tools help those be more productive. This tool gives me a glimpse/opportunity to find a love for a passion I didn’t initially have or desired. I do not go a day with out reading or listening to one of these densely packed, yet elegantly delivered blinks. I hate paying for apps just as much as the next person, but this is one I actually do not mind paying. I feel that I get more than my money’s worth.
One slight problem might keep me from staying
Edit: also, the people they have summarizing the books have a problem with keeping their own personal opinions out of the summary, which begs the question as to what else they might be adding or removing to these. I’ve changed my review to 1 star due to this because I’d really rather just read the actual book and know the author’s actual thoughts than be preached to by a second-hand source.
I decided to try this since I’ve been hearing about it everywhere right now. Unfortunately, I don’t have the money for a subscription right now so I’ll have to make due with the one free that’s unlocked daily. The only problem I have is that if you add the daily free blink to your library under a free account there’s no way to delete it the next day because it goes back to being just another premium locked into your library. This makes it really hard to want to stay with this service if you can’t remove things after a lapsed payment since these short form “blinks” could really start to clutter up after awhile. Having a delete option, even if the blink is currently locked due to no being a subscriber, would be a nice improvement.
Without it, I’m not actually sure I will continue using this, or even suggest that others use this service.
Developer Response ,
Hi there, Thanks a lot for your feedback. We sincerely appreciate it as it helps us to improve. As such, I will pass your feedback regarding the content to our Content Team and regarding the feature request of deleting the Daily Pick while on Free plan to our Product Team. Should you have any further suggestions or ideas feel free to get in touch with us via email@example.com. Best, Blinkist Team
- Blinks Labs GmbH
- 342.8 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, German
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © Blinks Labs GmbH
- In-App Purchases
- Blinkist Premium (1 Year) $79.99
- Blinkist Premium (1 Month) $12.99
- Blinkist Premium (1 Year) $79.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.