By Blizzard Entertainment, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The BlizzCon Guide mobile app is a fast and easy way to help you make the most of your BlizzCon experience. With it, you can:
Plan your Day:
We are heralding in BlizzCon 2016 with a revamped schedule:
- Review the details of the official events taking place at BlizzCon.
- Browse and save events to your favorites on the app. Any favorites update will automatically sync via Battle.net to the BlizzCon website.
- Watch event live streams or the archived video directly from your schedule.
- Sort your schedule by franchise or stage all without leaving the schedule screen.
- Add events to your device calendar to make sure you get to it on time.
Level Up your Shopping:
New this year – Blink Shopping. You can now place orders via the web before the show, and pick up on-site at the BlizzCon Store Thursday through Saturday – come whenever the line is short.
Get instant updates on the BlizzCon Gear Store including up-to-date wait times for Blink Shopping and the regular line, plus sold out items.
Chart your Path:
Zoom in on the exhibit hall floor with the BlizzCon map. Use it to quickly find a panel, meet up with friends, or just figure out where you’d like to go next.
Live Streams - Access the free and paid BlizzCon video streams via the mobile app. Now you'll have eyes everywhere!
Video Archive – Missed an event? Or just want to relive some epic hype? Now you can access on-demand free and paid videos and event recordings.
©2016 Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. All rights reserved. World of Warcraft, StarCraft, Overwatch, Diablo, Hearthstone, Heroes of the Storm, and BlizzCon are trademarks or registered trademarks of Blizzard Entertainment, Inc., in the U.S., and/or other countries. iPhone and iPod touch are trademarks of Apple Inc.
What's New in Version 2.3.2
* We’re ready to roll-out for BlizzCon 2016 with a completely revamped new design featuring the awesome 2016 key art.
* The live update feed from the BlizzCon Store returns this year with a dedicated news feed, links to shop on the web and exciting new ways to order items while at the show!
* The Schedule has received a new coat of paint and a host of new features: Now you can automatically sync your event favorites with the BlizzCon website, watch video streams for an event right from your schedule and actively filter your list without leaving the screen.
Schedule info useful, Videos not as much
This app was the only hope for a direct way to view BlizzCon Virtual Ticket videos on my TV via Chromecast, but the Videos function the app does not have this function. Playback is suspended if you leave the app or lock your device (so listening to panels in the background won't work.) At least it delivers a clean presentation of the schedule of events and panels, but the BlizzCon website works pretty well for this already.
This app is still hot garbage. Video replays are clunky, and the VODs are just one big unsorted list. No tracking of what you have watched so far, no resuming from where you left off in a video, no search.
Worse yet the app constantly bugs out and wont load videos, forcing you to doubletap and swipe close it and log back in to battle net to get it working again. It's shameful that Blizzard, as one of the largest video game companies in the world, releases something so broken.
There is no iPad support either, meaning all the text looks blown up and stupid on the larger screen. This is 2016, making a universal app is not to much to ask of a AAA developer.
It costs $40 to access this content, it needs far better support to justify that price.
Useless to digital ticket buyers
If you were at blizzcon, this app may have been useful to know a quick schedule of things. If you bought a digital ticket, however, stick to your browser to watch replays. This is total garbage. You can't even click out and answer a text without coming back to a black screen playing only audio the rest of the video.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Nov 01, 2016
- Version: 2.3.2
- Size: 163 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Blizzard Entertainment, Inc.
- © 2016 Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.