### Featured by Apple as Best New App ###
Blog on WordPress, Blogger and Medium like a Pro. Blogo is a blog publishing app that helps content creators to focus on what matters most: publishing the next story.
We know writing is hard, but we firmly believe stories can change the world. So we created the simplest, most enjoyable blogging experience we could imagine.
Blogo combines simplicity with powerful features and gives you all the tools you need to create amazing content from your iPhone, iPad or Mac.
Spread the word, change the World.
"Takes all the stress out of blogging” — MacWorld
"All in all, I was quite impressed with Blogo 2” — Engadget
"Must-have application for any blogger” — SoftPedia
### NEW ###
Blogo is now available for iOS! Use Blogo on the Mac, iPhone or iPad and keep all your publishing preferences in sync. Visit getblogo.com and get it free!
### FEATURES ###
Anywhere, Anytime. Always have your blog with you.
● Blogo is available on the Mac, iPhone, and iPad
● Robust "Offline” mode with real preview, perfect for those "out of the office" moments
● Smart Sync with Evernote (Pro)
● Autosave with automated local backups
Be more focused and productive
● Clean, distraction-free interface
● Full-screen mode helps you get even more immersed in writing
● Preferences panel to perfectly fit your blogging workflow
● Shortcuts for the most important actions
Blogging and publishing the right way
● Support for WordPress.com, self-hosted WordPress 3.4+, Medium, and Blogger
● List, edit and update existing or new posts, pages or drafts
● Manage multiple blogs at the same time (Pro)
● Moderate and reply comments (Pro)
● Custom fields support (Pro)
● Customize slugs, comments and pingback settings for each post
A fully featured editor: Writing was never so enjoyable
● Markdown or Rich Text mode
● Elegant formatting bar for headings, lists, quotes, links and more
● Writing goals (characters, words, reading time) with live update
● Inline HTML. Perfect for tables, forms and HTML embeds
● Code block, supporting all major code languages
Built-in Image Editor: Image editing and handling made easy
● Crop, resize and set aspect ratio of your images
● Adjust brightness, contrast and color temperature
● Easy Instagram-esque filters such as B&W, Sepia, and Vintage
● Drag and drop placement of images with live preview
● Set your "Featured Image” with 1-click
● Add alt text, caption, and tooltip information
Live Preview: The only blog editor that smartly recognizes your theme
● Live preview shows exactly how your post will look before publishing
● Works even when you are in "Offline Mode"
Send to Blogo: An incredibly easy way of adding content to your post
● Send images, links, pages, and quotes from any Website with one click
● Hassle free Web content embedding using our Safari/Chrome extension or simply "Copy and Paste”
● Works with Youtube, Vimeo, Flickr, Instagram, Twitter, Imgur, Getty Images, SoundCloud, Vine and more!
Keep your blog content organized
● Schedule posts
● Manage categories and Tags
● Complete post list with integrated search
• Add as many blogs as you want
• Smart Sync your drafts with Evernote
• Moderate and Reply blog comments
• Custom fields management
• Social Mirrors
• Prices: $9.99 monthly, $69.99 annually
Price may vary by location. Subscriptions will be charged to your credit card through your iTunes account. Your subscription will automatically renew unless canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. You will not be able to cancel the subscription once activated. Manage your subscriptions in Account Settings after purchase.
### WORLD-CLASS SUPPORT & FEEDBACK ###
We are recognized for our support and obsession with our customers' success. Please get in touch personally with us on Twitter or visit the blog for the latest news:
Hey guys! It's been far too long since our last update, and we apologize.
We're hoping this will be the first of a string of updates, and we'll do our best to keep them coming as often as we can.
For now, we bring you this:
Fixed: bug with headings inserting a line of code.
Fixed: bug with Heading sticking to H3 and not letting go.
Optimized: WordPress platform checking - in cases of websites without stress (graphic accentuation) or ascii.
Fixed: minor bugs.
We'll be back with more ASAP!
Ratings and Reviews
I’m sure it’d be great if I could get it to work
Original review (4/16):
I have a self-hosted blog with WordPress and Blogo is saying that it is unable to “find a WordPress website using this URL” when I try setting it up in the app. Taking the advice on Blogo’s support site, I have double-checked my login information, ensured that XMLRPC API is not blocked by my host, and turned off login confirmation/two-factor authentication plugins. The error continues. While the app seems well-designed and straightforward, I have been unable to use it with my blog. Just something to be aware of if you have a self-hosted site through WordPress. I wrote in to Blogo’s customer support, so hopefully I will hear back from the developers soon and update my review.
Still haven’t heard anything from the developers. It seems Blogo is incompatible with my blog, even though it is hosted by WordPress.
Finally got a response back from Blogo customer support. The rep told me that she was sending my information to the developers and she’d let me know if they found a fix.
I was told that I would need to create an admin account on my site for their team to access my site information. While I trust their team to some degree, I’m not willing to do that for a free third-party app and I’ve spent enough time trying to get this to work already anyways. I will be deleting Blogo.
Blogo doesn’t work with my self-hosted WordPress site, their support team takes forever to respond, and they were unable to solve my issue without an account on my site. Your mileage may vary.
Developer Response ,
Hi Jonathan! We deeply apologize for taking so long to get back to you. We've had a rocky past few months, but you can see more detail about that in the reply we sent you.
I, Marina, will be handling your issue from now on. I'll do my best to help with whatever I can! If you have any updates on your issue you can get back to me through the reply I sent you.
We need a Tumblr extension porfavor (:
Developer Response ,
Hi Adriano! We agree! We believe Tumblr would be a great integration, and it's on our roadmap. At the moment we're working on getting rid of all the bugs we can, but we hope to be able to work on new features soon enough!
Good app but lacks essential feature
I saw really good reviews for Blogo around online and decided to give it a shot. I really enjoyed its simplicity upon first use and liked that its focus was on writing, while maintaining all the bells and whistles neatly tucked away. It could definitely use a few more text editing tools (like text alignment), but the writing experience allowed me to keep focused on what I was doing.
The major caveat and dealbreaker here is that it does not feature any sort of autosaving. This is something that I believe we’ve all come to expect with modern software. After 3 hours spent writing a post, I clicked on the Save button and was presented with an upsell to sync to Evernote. I passed on that, and then after I clicked on New Post and returned to the one I had just saved, I came to the horrifying realization that nearly everything I had written was gone. It felt like I was back in the 90s and had accidentally kicked the power cord on my desktop before hitting the Save button.
This was truly disappointing to say the least. Now excuse me while I go try to reconstruct those 3 hours of work again.
Developer Response ,
Hi Luisten! First, we'd like to say we're deeply sorry about your content loss and for taking a while to reach out to you. There is an autosave and if your post disappeared it was probably a bug, so if you can get in touch with us through https://helpcenter.getblogo.com we can help try and retrieve it. Once again, we're very sorry you lost your content.
Thank you so much for your compliments, we're really glad to hear them as it's exactly what we aimed for.
Hope to hear from you soon!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.