Blogo - Simple, powerful blog editor app
By Blogo, Inc
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
### Featured by Apple as Best New App ###
Blog on WordPress, Blogger and Medium like a Pro. Blogo is a blog publishing app that helps content creators to focus on what matters most: publishing the next story.
We know writing is hard, but we firmly believe stories can change the world. So we created the simplest, most enjoyable blogging experience we could imagine.
Blogo combines simplicity with powerful features and gives you all the tools you need to create amazing content from your iPhone, iPad or Mac.
Spread the word, change the World.
"Takes all the stress out of blogging” — MacWorld
"All in all, I was quite impressed with Blogo 2” — Engadget
"Must-have application for any blogger” — SoftPedia
### NEW ###
Blogo is now available for iOS! Use Blogo on the Mac, iPhone or iPad and keep all your publishing preferences in sync. Visit getblogo.com and get it free!
### FEATURES ###
Anywhere, Anytime. Always have your blog with you.
● Blogo is available on the Mac, iPhone, and iPad
● Robust "Offline” mode with real preview, perfect for those "out of the office" moments
● Smart Sync with Evernote (Pro)
● Autosave with automated local backups
Be more focused and productive
● Clean, distraction-free interface
● Full-screen mode helps you get even more immersed in writing
● Preferences panel to perfectly fit your blogging workflow
● Shortcuts for the most important actions
Blogging and publishing the right way
● Support for WordPress.com, self-hosted WordPress 3.4+, Medium, and Blogger
● List, edit and update existing or new posts, pages or drafts
● Manage multiple blogs at the same time (Pro)
● Moderate and reply comments (Pro)
● Custom fields support (Pro)
● Customize slugs, comments and pingback settings for each post
A fully featured editor: Writing was never so enjoyable
● Markdown or Rich Text mode
● Elegant formatting bar for headings, lists, quotes, links and more
● Writing goals (characters, words, reading time) with live update
● Inline HTML. Perfect for tables, forms and HTML embeds
● Code block, supporting all major code languages
Built-in Image Editor: Image editing and handling made easy
● Crop, resize and set aspect ratio of your images
● Adjust brightness, contrast and color temperature
● Easy Instagram-esque filters such as B&W, Sepia, and Vintage
● Drag and drop placement of images with live preview
● Set your "Featured Image” with 1-click
● Add alt text, caption, and tooltip information
Live Preview: The only blog editor that smartly recognizes your theme
● Live preview shows exactly how your post will look before publishing
● Works even when you are in "Offline Mode"
Send to Blogo: An incredibly easy way of adding content to your post
● Send images, links, pages, and quotes from any Website with one click
● Hassle free Web content embedding using our Safari/Chrome extension or simply "Copy and Paste”
● Works with Youtube, Vimeo, Flickr, Instagram, Twitter, Imgur, Getty Images, SoundCloud, Vine and more!
Keep your blog content organized
● Schedule posts
● Manage categories and Tags
● Complete post list with integrated search
• Add as many blogs as you want
• Smart Sync your drafts with Evernote
• Moderate and Reply blog comments
• Custom fields management
• Social Mirrors
• Prices: $9.99 monthly, $69.99 annually
Price may vary by location. Subscriptions will be charged to your credit card through your iTunes account. Your subscription will automatically renew unless canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. You will not be able to cancel the subscription once activated. Manage your subscriptions in Account Settings after purchase.
### WORLD-CLASS SUPPORT & FEEDBACK ###
We are recognized for our support and obsession with our customers' success. Please get in touch personally with us on Twitter or visit the blog for the latest news:
What's New in Version 3.2.8
Hello, everyone! We’re back with some new features!
- Revalidate receipt: for users who had problems with Pro subscription authentication; checks your receipt, and if your purchase is verified, creates a subscription automatically.
- Legacy login: for legacy users who want to login to Blogo account but faced some issues with reinstalling the app
It’s a good app
Right off the bat, I really like using this application. I recently made a Medium account and have been blogging once a week since than. I see $5 movies on Tuesdays and then write a little review. It’s an easy to use app, that posts directly to the site, customizing where needed in preferences, and that is about all you need when it comes to a blogging app. Not to mention, it looks cool down on the dock. :)
There are a few things that need work. Right off the top of my head, there are only three sites that work with blogo. This should open up to more. I used to have an older blog that was my own, not affiliated with the 3 sites it offers and I couldn’t use it. Bummer. Next, there’s no spell check. I think blogo should integrate that. Lastly, and I have a Medium account, so I can’t speak for all the sites, and it only happened once (I’m not willing to try it again), but when I underlined a word in a paragraph and then published, upon checking the site I discovered anything after the underlined word in that paragraph was missing.
Other than those things, I think it’s a really fun app, that you can write, save, publish all from your desktop. That’s the great thing about apple products. It’s not all about the browser, but rather the experience.
Blogo does it right!
This is one of the best apps out there if you want to blog nicely. I love being able to connect my Wordpress blog to it. I can save all of my progress and edit whenever I have time befor I publish. Blogo is a life saver. I was one of the very first apps I installed on my MacBook Air.
Not bad. Could use some work
I was so excited when I found this app. I even featured it in one of my posts about tools for content marketing.
I’ve sense been let down a little. There are a few kinks I think they need to work out and it will be awesome.
I won’t write a ton here - just a quick “average” review and if you’re interested in knowing the thoughts of someone who designs technology for small to mid-sized business, I’m available to give you my direct feedback, suggestions, bugs etc.
All in all, I would suggest Blogo but with a forewarning of the limitations. Thanks for what you’ve done. You’re on the right track.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Apr 08, 2017
- Version: 3.2.8
- Size: 16.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Blogo Inc.
- © 2016 Blogo, Inc.
Compatibility: OS X 10.9 or later, 64-bit processor
Top In-App Purchases
- Blogo Pro$2.99
- Blogo Pro - One Month$2.99
- Blogo Pro$24.99
- Blogo Pro - One Year$24.99