### Featured by Apple as Best New App ###
Blog on WordPress, Blogger and Medium like a Pro. Blogo is a blog publishing app that helps content creators to focus on what matters most: publishing the next story.
We know writing is hard, but we firmly believe stories can change the world. So we created the simplest, most enjoyable blogging experience we could imagine.
Blogo combines simplicity with powerful features and gives you all the tools you need to create amazing content from your iPhone, iPad or Mac.
Spread the word, change the World.
"Takes all the stress out of blogging” — MacWorld
"All in all, I was quite impressed with Blogo 2” — Engadget
"Must-have application for any blogger” — SoftPedia
### NEW ###
Blogo is now available for iOS! Use Blogo on the Mac, iPhone or iPad and keep all your publishing preferences in sync. Visit getblogo.com and get it free!
### FEATURES ###
Anywhere, Anytime. Always have your blog with you.
● Blogo is available on the Mac, iPhone, and iPad
● Robust "Offline” mode with real preview, perfect for those "out of the office" moments
● Smart Sync with Evernote (Pro)
● Autosave with automated local backups
Be more focused and productive
● Clean, distraction-free interface
● Full-screen mode helps you get even more immersed in writing
● Preferences panel to perfectly fit your blogging workflow
● Shortcuts for the most important actions
Blogging and publishing the right way
● Support for WordPress.com, self-hosted WordPress 3.4+, Medium, and Blogger
● List, edit and update existing or new posts, pages or drafts
● Manage multiple blogs at the same time (Pro)
● Moderate and reply comments (Pro)
● Custom fields support (Pro)
● Customize slugs, comments and pingback settings for each post
A fully featured editor: Writing was never so enjoyable
● Markdown or Rich Text mode
● Elegant formatting bar for headings, lists, quotes, links and more
● Writing goals (characters, words, reading time) with live update
● Inline HTML. Perfect for tables, forms and HTML embeds
● Code block, supporting all major code languages
Built-in Image Editor: Image editing and handling made easy
● Crop, resize and set aspect ratio of your images
● Adjust brightness, contrast and color temperature
● Easy Instagram-esque filters such as B&W, Sepia, and Vintage
● Drag and drop placement of images with live preview
● Set your "Featured Image” with 1-click
● Add alt text, caption, and tooltip information
Live Preview: The only blog editor that smartly recognizes your theme
● Live preview shows exactly how your post will look before publishing
● Works even when you are in "Offline Mode"
Send to Blogo: An incredibly easy way of adding content to your post
● Send images, links, pages, and quotes from any Website with one click
● Hassle free Web content embedding using our Safari/Chrome extension or simply "Copy and Paste”
● Works with Youtube, Vimeo, Flickr, Instagram, Twitter, Imgur, Getty Images, SoundCloud, Vine and more!
Keep your blog content organized
● Schedule posts
● Manage categories and Tags
● Complete post list with integrated search
• Add as many blogs as you want
• Smart Sync your drafts with Evernote
• Moderate and Reply blog comments
• Custom fields management
• Social Mirrors
• Prices: $9.99 monthly, $69.99 annually
Price may vary by location. Subscriptions will be charged to your credit card through your iTunes account. Your subscription will automatically renew unless canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. You will not be able to cancel the subscription once activated. Manage your subscriptions in Account Settings after purchase.
### WORLD-CLASS SUPPORT & FEEDBACK ###
We are recognized for our support and obsession with our customers' success. Please get in touch personally with us on Twitter or visit the blog for the latest news:
Hey guys! It's been far too long since our last update, and we apologize.
We're hoping this will be the first of a string of updates, and we'll do our best to keep them coming as often as we can.
For now, we bring you this:
Fixed: bug with headings inserting a line of code.
Fixed: bug with Heading sticking to H3 and not letting go.
Optimized: WordPress platform checking - in cases of websites without stress (graphic accentuation) or ascii.
Fixed: minor bugs.
We'll be back with more ASAP!
Ratings and Reviews
It’s a good app
Right off the bat, I really like using this application. I recently made a Medium account and have been blogging once a week since than. I see $5 movies on Tuesdays and then write a little review. It’s an easy to use app, that posts directly to the site, customizing where needed in preferences, and that is about all you need when it comes to a blogging app. Not to mention, it looks cool down on the dock. :)
There are a few things that need work. Right off the top of my head, there are only three sites that work with blogo. This should open up to more. I used to have an older blog that was my own, not affiliated with the 3 sites it offers and I couldn’t use it. Bummer. Next, there’s no spell check. I think blogo should integrate that. Lastly, and I have a Medium account, so I can’t speak for all the sites, and it only happened once (I’m not willing to try it again), but when I underlined a word in a paragraph and then published, upon checking the site I discovered anything after the underlined word in that paragraph was missing.
Other than those things, I think it’s a really fun app, that you can write, save, publish all from your desktop. That’s the great thing about apple products. It’s not all about the browser, but rather the experience.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for all your compliments! We love to hear what our users think!
We are working on integrating with other platforms, most likely beginning with Tumblr. It's just taking us a little longer than we wanted due to the slimming down in crew we had this year.
Regarding spell check, we are facing a bug with it but our devs are already working on a fix to send as soon as possible.
We deeply apologize for that bug that happened to you! We haven't heard of anything like it before, so if it happens again, please, contact us so we can look into it!
If you have any other suggestions or comments, we'd love to hear them!
Good app but lacks essential feature
I saw really good reviews for Blogo around online and decided to give it a shot. I really enjoyed its simplicity upon first use and liked that its focus was on writing, while maintaining all the bells and whistles neatly tucked away. It could definitely use a few more text editing tools (like text alignment), but the writing experience allowed me to keep focused on what I was doing.
The major caveat and dealbreaker here is that it does not feature any sort of autosaving. This is something that I believe we’ve all come to expect with modern software. After 3 hours spent writing a post, I clicked on the Save button and was presented with an upsell to sync to Evernote. I passed on that, and then after I clicked on New Post and returned to the one I had just saved, I came to the horrifying realization that nearly everything I had written was gone. It felt like I was back in the 90s and had accidentally kicked the power cord on my desktop before hitting the Save button.
This was truly disappointing to say the least. Now excuse me while I go try to reconstruct those 3 hours of work again.
Developer Response ,
Hi Luisten! First, we'd like to say we're deeply sorry about your content loss and for taking a while to reach out to you. There is an autosave and if your post disappeared it was probably a bug, so if you can get in touch with us through https://helpcenter.getblogo.com we can help try and retrieve it. Once again, we're very sorry you lost your content.
Thank you so much for your compliments, we're really glad to hear them as it's exactly what we aimed for.
Hope to hear from you soon!
Two Major Glitches In This Program. Both Caused Me To Lose Precious Data
I began using Blogo to store blog post ideas, but I started noticing that every now and then I would go to delete a post and when I click confirm, a different post becomes highlighted and deleted. I immediately copied over everything to Evernote and stopped using this app. I had great post ideas being deleted that I would have loved to keep.
Before the deleting fiasco, I found that after I set up Blogo to sync with my Evernote, if I moved from post to post, the updates I made were not always being saved as I clicked around. I had to manually sync the post to evernote to make sure that I wouldn’t lose the updates I was making.
I am not one to leave reviews, but losing my writing in two different ways is just bad programming. Inexcusable.
Developer Response ,
Hi Alina! We're so sorry to hear about your content loss! We agree it's inexcusable, and we'll do our best to fix these issues. However, they seem to be very random, as we constantly test our product and haven't faced either of them. If you have the time, we'd love to get more details on the issues so we can try to reproduce them and find a fix!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.