Blogo - Simple, powerful blog publishing
By Blogo, Inc
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Featured Worldwide as "Best New App” by Apple
Blogo is a blog publishing app that helps content creators to focus on what matters most: publishing the next story.
We know writing is hard, but we firmly believe stories can change the world. So we created the simplest, most enjoyable blogging experience we could imagine.
Blogo combines simplicity with powerful features and gives you all the tools you need to create amazing content from your iPhone, iPad or Mac.
Spread the word, change the World.
"Takes all the stress out of blogging” — MacWorld
"All in all, I was quite impressed with Blogo 2” — Engadget
"Must-have application for any blogger” — SoftPedia
### NEW ###
Blogo is now available for iOS! Use Blogo on the Mac, iPhone or iPad and keep all your publishing preferences in sync. Visit getblogo.com and get it free!
### FEATURES ###
Anywhere, Anytime. Always have your blog with you.
● Blogo is available on the Mac, iPhone, and iPad
● Robust "Offline” mode with real preview, perfect for those "out of the office" moments
● Smart Sync with Evernote (Pro)
● Autosave with automated local backups
Be more focused and productive
● Clean, distraction-free interface
● Full-screen mode helps you get even more immersed in writing
● Preferences panel to perfectly fit your blogging workflow
● Shortcuts for the most important actions
Blogging and publishing the right way
● Support for WordPress.com, self-hosted WordPress 3.4+, Medium, and Blogger
● List, edit and update existing or new posts, pages or drafts
● Manage multiple blogs at the same time (Pro)
● Moderate and reply comments (Pro)
● Custom fields support (Pro)
● Customize slugs, comments and pingback settings for each post
A fully featured editor: Writing was never so enjoyable
● Markdown or Rich Text mode
● Elegant formatting bar for headings, lists, quotes, links and more
● Writing goals (characters, words, reading time) with live update
● Inline HTML. Perfect for tables, forms and HTML embeds
● Code block, supporting all major code languages
Built-in Image Editor: Image editing and handling made easy
● Crop, resize and set aspect ratio of your images
● Adjust brightness, contrast and color temperature
● Easy Instagram-esque filters such as B&W, Sepia, and Vintage
● Drag and drop placement of images with live preview
● Set your "Featured Image” with 1-click
● Add alt text, caption, and tooltip information
Live Preview: The only blog editor that smartly recognizes your theme
● Live preview shows exactly how your post will look before publishing
● Works even when you are in "Offline Mode"
Send to Blogo: An incredibly easy way of adding content to your post
● Send images, links, pages, and quotes from any Website with one click
● Hassle free Web content embedding using our Safari/Chrome extension or simply "Copy and Paste”
● Works with Youtube, Vimeo, Flickr, Instagram, Twitter, Imgur, Getty Images, SoundCloud, Vine and more!
Keep your blog content organized
● Schedule posts
● Manage categories and Tags
● Complete post list with integrated search
• Add as many blogs as you want
• Smart Sync your drafts with Evernote
• Moderate and Reply blog comments
• Custom fields management
• Social Mirrors
• Prices: $9.99 monthly, $69.99 annually
Price may vary by location. Subscriptions will be charged to your credit card through your iTunes account. Your subscription will automatically renew unless canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. You will not be able to cancel the subscription once activated. Manage your subscriptions in Account Settings after purchase.
### WORLD-CLASS SUPPORT & FEEDBACK ###
We are recognized for our support and obsession with our customers' success. Please get in touch personally with us on Twitter or visit the blog for the latest news:
What's New in Version 3.0.6
WELCOME TO BLOGO FOR MAC RELEASE NOTES \o/
Hello, writers! Or should I say "readers” in this case? :)
How many fixes are necessary to build a good update? How many feedbacks does it take to build the best community around a product? Nobody knows… What we do know is that a big update is available, full of fixes thanks to you! Check it out:
BUG FIXES AND IMPROVEMENTS
"To sync or not to sync. That’s the question." Choose if you want to sync your blog credentials and preferences with Blogo servers or not. ¬¬
You can now choose between HTML or Markdown as default output format. HTML is default, but you can change it on Preferences>Account>Choose a Blog>Advanced.
Image editor will keep original image name from now on. Finally fixed!
WordPress slug changes weren't beeing uploaded. Now it is working.
Comments dashboard was freezing for superstar bloggers with many comments. Not anymore.
Invalid Term ID will not bother you again. I promise.
Many other small fixes I'm not allowed to tell you.
RECENT FEEDBACKS AND REVIEWS
Thank you so much for all reviews, tweets and emails. Even the critical ones. You are making us build an amazing product.
We hope you all like it! If you have any question or just want to share your thoughts about Blogo drop us a line at email@example.com or @getblogo on twitter. Say that you read our release notes and start a conversation! :)
So far no good
I was so excited this is a beautiful app. Then I tried it and I am disappointed. I started it up, added an image. All good. Then I wrote about 5 paragraphs of text and tried to add another image. When I did the image just went up to the top of the post. I deleted it and tried again, no luck, went to the top. I deleted the image again and then tried dragging it in…to the top. I thought OK, maybe I’m doing it wrong.
Then I added a “Read More” divider. When I uploaded to my website it was just gone. Did it again, no luck. I did finally get this to work by adding all of the text above the “Read more” to the “Excerpt” box.
So far I have had this 2 days, and I have had major issues.
A total scam.
New update and same problem. I bought this app for almost 30$, and now is free plus they charge 10$ monthly for using some basic functions available in other apps like MarsEdit. This subscription is as expensive as Office or Adobe CC. I really don’t know what they are thinking but this price scheme is just a total scam. I was waiting for a proper update but important features are still missing. This app is just too basic, the way to format text is not friendly. Basic formatting like aligning text, changing font size, font color or changing properties of embed image are missing. This are basic properties that makes a difference in a blog. Nice way to make happy loyal customers.
Good app for cross platforms
I purchased over MarsEdit because I could do more formatting. Initially, I had problems but it was not with the app but with my host settings (my fault). It is clean, simple and easy to use for me.