Blogo - Simple, powerful blog publishing
By Blogo, Inc
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Featured Worldwide as "Best New App” by Apple
Blogo is a blog publishing app that helps content creators to focus on what matters most: publishing the next story.
We know writing is hard, but we firmly believe stories can change the world. So we created the simplest, most enjoyable blogging experience we could imagine.
Blogo combines simplicity with powerful features and gives you all the tools you need to create amazing content from your iPhone, iPad or Mac.
Spread the word, change the World.
"Takes all the stress out of blogging” — MacWorld
"All in all, I was quite impressed with Blogo 2” — Engadget
"Must-have application for any blogger” — SoftPedia
### NEW ###
Blogo is now available for iOS! Use Blogo on the Mac, iPhone or iPad and keep all your publishing preferences in sync. Visit getblogo.com and get it free!
### FEATURES ###
Anywhere, Anytime. Always have your blog with you.
● Blogo is available on the Mac, iPhone, and iPad
● Robust "Offline” mode with real preview, perfect for those "out of the office" moments
● Smart Sync with Evernote (Pro)
● Autosave with automated local backups
Be more focused and productive
● Clean, distraction-free interface
● Full-screen mode helps you get even more immersed in writing
● Preferences panel to perfectly fit your blogging workflow
● Shortcuts for the most important actions
Blogging and publishing the right way
● Support for WordPress.com, self-hosted WordPress 3.4+, Medium, and Blogger
● List, edit and update existing or new posts, pages or drafts
● Manage multiple blogs at the same time (Pro)
● Moderate and reply comments (Pro)
● Custom fields support (Pro)
● Customize slugs, comments and pingback settings for each post
A fully featured editor: Writing was never so enjoyable
● Markdown or Rich Text mode
● Elegant formatting bar for headings, lists, quotes, links and more
● Writing goals (characters, words, reading time) with live update
● Inline HTML. Perfect for tables, forms and HTML embeds
● Code block, supporting all major code languages
Built-in Image Editor: Image editing and handling made easy
● Crop, resize and set aspect ratio of your images
● Adjust brightness, contrast and color temperature
● Easy Instagram-esque filters such as B&W, Sepia, and Vintage
● Drag and drop placement of images with live preview
● Set your "Featured Image” with 1-click
● Add alt text, caption, and tooltip information
Live Preview: The only blog editor that smartly recognizes your theme
● Live preview shows exactly how your post will look before publishing
● Works even when you are in "Offline Mode"
Send to Blogo: An incredibly easy way of adding content to your post
● Send images, links, pages, and quotes from any Website with one click
● Hassle free Web content embedding using our Safari/Chrome extension or simply "Copy and Paste”
● Works with Youtube, Vimeo, Flickr, Instagram, Twitter, Imgur, Getty Images, SoundCloud, Vine and more!
Keep your blog content organized
● Schedule posts
● Manage categories and Tags
● Complete post list with integrated search
• Add as many blogs as you want
• Smart Sync your drafts with Evernote
• Moderate and Reply blog comments
• Custom fields management
• Social Mirrors
• Prices: $9.99 monthly, $69.99 annually
Price may vary by location. Subscriptions will be charged to your credit card through your iTunes account. Your subscription will automatically renew unless canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. You will not be able to cancel the subscription once activated. Manage your subscriptions in Account Settings after purchase.
### WORLD-CLASS SUPPORT & FEEDBACK ###
We are recognized for our support and obsession with our customers' success. Please get in touch personally with us on Twitter or visit the blog for the latest news:
What's New in Version 3.0.5
### Welcome to Blogo MAC Release Notes! o/
Hello, writers! Mac App Store review team decided to rush things up and average approval time for the past days is less than 1 day! Yes! We decided it was a good idea to ship a quick update.
### Bug Fixes and Improvements
OSX 10.9 version was crashing completely. Now it is working.
Fixed custom URL scheme (Ex: mailto) link creation. #feedbacks
Custom fields were behaving badly. They just needed custom love and now they are well.
### Recent feedbacks and reviews
Thank you so much for all reviews, tweets and emails. Even the critical ones. You are making us build an AMAZING product, really.
We hope you all like it! If you have any question or just want to share your thoughts about Blogo drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org or @getblogo on twitter. Say that you read our release notes! :)
Such Potential but SO Slow and unreliable
I was so excited when I found this app. I used to use Windows Live Writer, which is fast and offers so many amazing features for FREE, however I switched over to Mac and to my dismay there is nothing like Windows Live Writer avaliable and definitly nothing for free. I tried this app because it seemed like it would work however it is missing so many features. There is no text alignment which really annoying. You also can not change the font size easily. Adding pictures is so slow. So far I have only been able to do it one picture at a time and sometimes that can take up to a minute a picture and then it doesn’t even insert it into my post. The picture size is set at a standard size which is HUGE, so I have to manually adjust it for each picture. Because of how anoying this app is I am digging out my old Windows Laptop and attempting to use Live Writer from there becasue I think it will be faster than using Blogo on a brand new MacBook Pro. I think the creators of this app need to check out Live Writer and try to make this app more like that!!!
Stiffed by the subscription gate… feel cheated.
Sorry. This was a upcoming and promising app. I paid for the app when it was sold as a standalone blogging app on my mac. I did not buy a service with an accoun, and I would not have bought an app that required a subscription just to use the app.
Trashing the app. Get rid of the email list building and circumventing the app store anonimity. I don’t want a "Pro blogging subscription” You aren’t offering me anything worth paying for. I already paid for the app that you now lock me out of because you want to upsell me. I feel cheated because I paid you good mazuma for this app, and now you changed the entire value proposition and now prevent me from using what I bought. It’s like a bait and switch.
I see only now that there is 3 years free for people like me, but it is really confusing how one gets that. I still have to make an account with Blogo, and even then it isn’t very clear. And it’s $70 a year after that? Seriously?
They didn’t mention the change of how they’ll charge in V. 3.0
When Ver. 3.0 came out, I read the "What’s New in 3.0.0" before updating the app. It didn’t mention the change to subscription service (It did start to mention it in V 3.0.4). What a cheap shot to make users update to 3.0 without thorough information? They might be building an okay app(I won’t call Blogo 2.X and Blogo 3.X a fine app for it has lots of bugs), but they’ve lost my trust.
Let’s put aside the trust issue and focus on the financial part, for $70 a year, I can choose between blogging platforms such as PostHaven, Ghost. Or maybe quality editors like Ulysses. How about the famous and great web app “StackEdit”? It cost only $5/year or $25/lifetiem and it can also publish posts to blogs. You see? There’s no reason for me to choose Blogo just for that additional buggy blogging function.