Blokus™ – Attack, Block & Defend!
By Magmic Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Download the official Blokus App!
Stake your claim, protect your territory, and strategically block your opponents!
The popular family board game is now in the App Store! Start with 21 pieces and try to play as many of them as possible by connecting the corners. Just be careful because other players will try to block you. The player with the fewest squares left is the winner!
● * NEW * Play with your friends and family on one device with all-new Pass and Play Mode!
● * NEW * Use new power-ups to destroy blocks, freeze your opponent, search for traps, morph your pieces, and get out of tough situations!
● * NEW * Log in every day to collect a Mystery Box reward!
● * NEW * Complete dozens of in-game achievement to earn even more rewards!
● Amazing gameplay and visual effects.
● Online Multiplayer.
● GameCenter & Facebook action!
● 3 different skill levels.
● In-game hints available.
Blokus mobile brings the classic family strategy game right to you!
Follow us on Twitter and Like us on Facebook!
What's New in Version 1.1.1
● Mulitplayer Fixes!
● Bug Fixes
Blokus v1.1 is packed with new cool features!
All-new Pass and Play Mode!
● Play Blokus with your friends and family on one device with all new pass and play mode!
Brand New Power-Ups!
● Bring your game to the next level with 5 new power-ups!
● Destroy blocks, freeze your opponent, search for traps, morph your pieces, and get out of tough situations!
Enjoy Improved Tutorial and Multiplayer Mode!
● Now you can play against 1, 2, or 3 players in multiplayer mode!
● The improved tutorial helps newer players learn the game in minutes!
Discover the Mystery Box!
● Claim your daily mystery box prize for great rewards!
● Complete matches for even more chances at a prize!
Complete In-Game Achievements!
● Win with style by completing as many in-game achievements as possible!
● You'll even get rewards for completing them!
Thanks for playing Blokus!
Fun but with some annoyances
The game is fun, however I have some issues with the app. First, I paid for the ad free version but there are still ads. Second, it constantly pesters you to use special abilities (and forces you to when it first introduces each one) but you can't see your own pieces or most of the board when picking abilities so you have to strategize ahead of time. Lastly, when you go to "buy" abilities with the blocks you've earned, there is an option to get a free one. But if you tap that option, it clocks and eventually tells you to check your internet connection. Pick one of the abilities that costs blocks, though, and it magically works. Why tease with the free option?
Fun but slow
Blokus is a fun game but it's so slow! On solo play, it takes so long for the other 3 AI players that I lose interest.
The app restarts every time you open it so you have to start from the main menu every time. So not only do you have to wait for the app to restart but you have to navigate through two or three menus to get back to your game. Frustrating when you just want a quick play somewhere.
It would be great if you could be taken directly back to your game when you open the app.
5 stars if the game weren't so heavy and slow. Game play is fun when it's finally your turn....
C'mon, Mattel. Try not to broadcast that you don't have a clue. Here is a brilliant board game that could easily play well on a device--especially an iPad. But no. There are so many problems:
1) Interface is clunky. It's hard to select pieces. Hard to know what you have in-hand. Clumsy to maneuver.
2) Stoopid "characters". You don't need to cute-ify the game, Mattel. It's a serious strategy game loved most by passionate, serious players. Do you not even know your target market?
3) AI is weak. The most telling thing about the AI is the "hard" level solo game. The developers' idea of making it "hard" is for all three AI players to gang up on you.
4) Menus are ridiculous and self-serving. Far too much promotion of other apps, promotion of useless power-ups, and useless menu pages to click thru. The fact that you can't immediately return to a game in progress without navigating the menus is ridiculous.
5) Lack of basic play-and-pass. Really??
Back to the drawing board. But before you do, go play Carcassonne and Ticket to Ride for mobile.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Sep 30, 2014
- Version: 1.1.1
- Size: 70.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Magmic Inc.
- © Magmic Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Handful of Bloks on Sale$0.99
- Handful of Hints$2.99
- Bunch of Hints$1.99
- Scoop of Hints$4.99
- Pile of Bloks on Sale$4.99
- Scoop of Bloks on Sale$1.99
- Mound of Bloks on Sale$9.99
- Pile of Hints$9.99
- Bunch of Bloks on Sale$2.99
- Handful of Bloks$1.99