Download the official Blokus App, and play the strategy game your whole family can enjoy!
Plan ahead, move corner to corner, protect your territory, and strategically block your opponents!
The popular family board game is available as an app! Start with 21 pieces and try to play as many of them as possible by connecting corners. Just be careful, because other players will try to block you as they place their own pieces. Set your strategy and stake your claim before they do! The player with the fewest squares on remaining pieces is the winner!
● Play with your friends and family on one device with Pass and Play mode!
● Use power-ups to destroy blocks, freeze your opponent, search for traps, morph your pieces, and get out of tough situations!
● Log in every day to collect a Mystery Box reward!
● Complete dozens of in-game achievements to earn even more rewards!
● Amazing strategic gameplay, and fun visual effects!
● Challenge yourself with 3 different skill levels!
● In-game hints help you out when you're stuck!
● Upgrade to the full version to remove video ads!
Blokus mobile brings the classic family strategy game right to your device!
Follow us on Twitter and Like us on Facebook!
● Enjoy the free version of this app
● Bug fixes
● Stability improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Free app is a waste of time
I usually try the free apps before I buy, but that was a mistake with Blokus. The free app turned me off on a game I enjoy! (I have the board game and love playing it). Having to sit through long ad interruptions and videos between EACH turn made it tedious and irritating. I won't waste money on the paid version because of the negative free app experience. Each video eats up 30 seconds or more between EACH move. A quick game takes four times as long as it should. Do as you wish, but I will save myself time and money until they figure out a way to balance their priorities to make user enjoyment a little higher on their list.
Cash Grab through Ads
Gotta respect the hustle these developers have for the short term money grab..they will get paid either way, by forcing you to watch ads 'every-other-move' or hope you get so sick of the ads that you shell out cash for the ad-free version. Even if you delete this game (which is happening after this review), they still made "x" revenue, times number of ads I sat through in last 10 minutes. Game mechanics literally aren't bad, and played a heck of a lot smoother than I was anticipating. Stretch out the frequency of ads (say from the MAX setting, to around a 3 or a 4, and I may have stuck through it).
How to play with a friend & kill the ads
To get rid of the ads turn off WiFi and put in airplane mode. The game is then pretty fun, and it goes fast. Don't waste your time on easy mode go immediately to medium and then try hard. The best part is playing with one other live person, and then two computer players, and passing your device back and forth, very competitive. For those who don't like the music, go to silent.
- Magmic Inc.
- 113.7 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Afrikaans, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Magmic Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Handful of Bloks on Sale $0.99
- Bunch of Hints $1.99
- Handful of Hints $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.