Meet the new Bloodworks App. Lifesaving power in your palm. Sign up to give blood wherever, whenever. Personal profile and alerts help you see where you’re needed. And how many people you’ve helped. It only takes a couple taps to make a difference. Join a group to cheer on fellow donors. Choose how and when you hear from us. After you’ve donated, learn your blood type and whose life you’ve changed. Learn about the latest donor perks.
• The Bloodworks App makes it easy to make a difference. Schedule a blood donation in just couple taps, anytime, anywhere. Map feature makes it easy to find a center or blood drive near you. Tap the blood drop icon at the bottom of the home screen to get started.
• Track your community impact with the Bloodworks App. See your blood type and donation history, and find out when you’re eligible to give again. Tap the profile icon at the bottom to see your personal dashboard.
• Feel like you’re part of something bigger. Form or join groups to cheer on friends and colleagues and compete to reach new donation milestones. Inspire others to join your lifesaving efforts.
• See your donation in action. Get updates when it’s been delivered and read about real patients affected by Bloodworks donors. Turn on push notifications under settings.
• Phone calls not your thing? No problem. You control your settings to choose how and when you hear from us. Tap on notifications to customize your contact preferences.
• Perks of Giving. Swipe through the home page banners to learn about the latest donor perks, promotions, events. Plus, read personal stories of impact and donation facts.
Learn more about the Bloodworks Northwest at www.BloodworksNW.org
- Minor Fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Account and signup problem
I already have a Bloodworks Northwest account but the app won’t accept it, wants me to create a new account just for the app.
Ok, no biggie, I try to create the new account and no matter how well my selected password confirms to the ridiculous password format requirement, it tells me it’s an invalid password. Way to go. Can’t even use this thing.
Guys, I know some competent quality assurance people I can put you in touch with to get your app properly tested before releasing it.
Developer Response ,
Hello, Thank you for being a donor. We're sorry to hear you had trouble creating a new password for your new app account. You are correct, your web portal password will not work on the app. You will need to create a new app account and create a password. Our team at 800-398-7888 or email@example.com would be happy to help you.
Worse than just using the webpage
Can’t schedule apheresis donations. Can’t update contact info. Why does this app exist? It’s strictly less useful than the Bloodworks webpage.
It’s less usable than the webpage, too. Text is chopped off. Photos have the wrong aspect ratio. Mystery icons have no labels. It’s just sloppy all around.
They should have spent the effort improving the webpage instead. A few minor fixes there would go a long way.
Developer Response ,
Hi Kokubu, Thank you for being a donor! We're sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with the new app. The two app features you're looking forward to (contact preferences and apheresis) are coming soon. The ability to schedule apheresis donations is coming in early 2019. Our team at 800-398-7888 would be happy to look into the other issues you're experiencing or feedback on how we can improve the app for all donors. Thank you for supporting patients in our community!
Please include apheresis donations!
So far this app seems really promising and I'm excited to try to build a group for the building I work in and for volunteers. I would love to see impact data for apheresis, though! My Impact only shows whole blood donations, but it would be so cool to see the same data for apheresis donations, too!
Developer Response ,
Hello! We're glad you are enjoying the new app. We will be rolling out apheresis scheduling and apheresis donation history in early 2019 - stay tuned! Thank you for being an amazing donor!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.