By Bloomberg Finance LP
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Get comprehensive access to global business and finance news, market data and portfolio tracking tools from the world's most trusted source. Now including Apple Watch features.
- Read the featured and latest stories from our award winning journalists on the leading business topics in Markets, Industries, Technology, Politics, Luxury, Personal Finance, Opinion and many more.
- Keep up to speed on the latest news for the companies in your Watchlist and on key events affecting the markets such as the Debt Crisis, Elections, Federal Reserve, Technology, Earnings etc.
- Get the latest market data personalized for your region including Equity Indexes, Futures, Bonds, Commodities & Currencies.
- Additionally customize the markets and securities that are most important to you for instant access.
- Easily add a security (stocks, mutual funds, ETFs, currencies, etc.) to your personal Watchlist(s).
- Track, manage and analyze these personal holdings with powerful performance charts, identify the Leaders & Laggers and comprehend movements by Asset Type, Industry & Location.
- Drill into more details on companies that include key statistics, financials and earnings updates.
- Utilize additional charting analytical tools to better understand how companies and markets have performed by adding Comparisons, Moving Averages trend lines, Bollinger Bands, Relative Strength and Moving Average Convergence Divergence
- Watch Bloomberg Television Live providing a comprehensive view of the business news, interviews with industry leaders and market movers and breaking news insights.
-- No Cable or Satellite subscription is needed to watch Bloomberg Live TV.
- Watch featured videos specifically chosen for the top news categories.
- Watch the videos chosen by our editors within the articles to add more insight to the news.
- Listen to insightful interviews and analysis from the smartest names in Finance, Business, Economics & Investment.
- Add the Today Widget to quickly see the featured articles, the markets in your region and Watchlist summary with leaders and laggers
- Automatically synchronize your Watchlist with your Bloomberg Business on iPad
- Sign in to access your Watchlist on Bloomberg.com
What's New in Version 3.21.2
* Fixes for the Today Widget
* Performance improvements for Apple Watch
This App in a nutshell: Ads auto-opening new tabs and dominating 60% of your screen
If the version history of the Bloomberg app were displayed as a stock chart, you would see a tremendous growth trajectory for the first few years as the app, which started off great, only got better! And then...a GIGANTIC CRASH as this app has gotten worse, to now unusable over the last 3 years.
The advertisements are the most buggy, performance sapping, and most screen dominating ads I have ever seen in an app. They automatically open new browsers to the advertisers in new browsers as you navigate. This is no doubt so that the ad sales team and present inflated numbers to would be customers considering advertising on the Bloomberg app. Note to advertising companies and ad tech hooks: we users close the constant borage of auto-opening tabs before your content fully loads(which is a summary of your entire experience when using this app, just closing pop-ups the whole time), we don't even glance long enough to know what obtrusive ad is loading...so advertising on this app is a waste of your money.
This app should be placed in the video game section: Avoid the pop-up ads and win valuable points!!
A couple of things
The app is slow and sometimes unresponsive.
I know ads are essential but the ads abruptly disappear and hide some of the text that was directly below it.
If you're scrolling down and accidentally swiped the page left or right (which is extremely easy to do) you'll be faced with an ad covering the whole screen, even if you remained at the same page after swapping.
Banner ads often open themselves in safari, it's annoying.
Trying to highlight a single word is impossible because the app will magically send you to the bottom of the page.
If the mobile advertising team think their tactics meaningfully expose their ads to users, they are largely mistaken.
While thing hangs
The app is virtually useable as it hangs after opening. There's a lot of unused real estate in the form of blank space in between headlines which means lots of unnecessary scrolling (if it doesn't hang in the first place). Plus it's impossible to shut off the annoying pictures from loading and again taking up valuable space between headlines. Please stop fixing things that ain't broken.
- Category: Finance
- Updated: May 23, 2016
- Version: 3.21.2
- Size: 52.0 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: Bloomberg Finance LP
- © Bloomberg L.P.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.