By Bloomberg Finance LP
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Bloomberg PROFESSIONAL subscribers, please download the Bloomberg Professional App instead.
Get comprehensive access to global business and finance news, market data and portfolio tracking tools from the world's most trusted source. Personalize the information that matters to you most and access it instantly.
- Access breaking news and top stories from over 35 categories including Economy, Technology, Politics, Personal Finance, Bonds, Commodities, Currencies, Emerging Markets, Funds, Energy Markets and many more.
- Get the latest news on companies in your Watchlist and on key events in the business world such as the Debt Crisis, Elections, Federal Reserve, Davos, G8, Technology, Earnings etc.
- Get the latest market data for global Equity Indexes, Bonds, Futures, Commodities & Currencies.
- Personalize the markets that are most important to you and get instant access to them.
- Track, manage and analyze your personal holdings (stocks, mutual funds, ETFs, currencies etc.) with powerful performance charts, including Leaders & Laggers and summary visualizations by Asset Type, Industry & Location.
- Access detailed company pages that include key statistics, financials and earnings updates.
Tools & Visualizations:
- Get an instant snapshot of how the world markets that are important to you are performing.
- Utilize analytical tools to better understand how companies and markets have performed.
- Watch Bloomberg Television Live - a 24-hour global business and financial news network supported by 146 news bureaus in 72 countries
- Watch top videos from the top news categories or from within articles.
- Listen to insightful interviews and analysis from the smartest names in Finance, Business, Economics & Investment.
- Access the latest stock price and news for companies, people and topics mentioned in articles
- Synchronize your Watchlist with Bloomberg.com and also access it via the web
- Share articles using Email, Facebook or Twitter
- Search for news and stock quotes
- Adjust font size and contrast within news articles, Watchlist and Market Data pages to maximize readability
What's New in Version 3.1.2
Bug fixes and performance enhancements.
Hate the liberal bias, gotta be a more pleasant way to get news
I have used the app for many years and it seems the liberal Bloomberg spin to the news has gotten omnipresent. The bias in Bloomberg news reporting is in contrast with the $30,000 plus per year charge for Bloomberg trading terminals. Biting the hand that feeds you is one thing, but do you really have to gnaw it off?! The "attack journalist" interview of Tom Perkins was completely OTT, with the sweetly smiling interviewer working Perkins over for the better part of ten minutes, ignoring a half dozen apologies and clarifications, then actually calling Perkins the largest "a..hole"in California, by proxy. Notwithstanding what you feel about an interview subject, do you really need to publicly thrash a retired 80 year old businessman like that? For what? For inarticulately saying what we all already know, namely that nobody likes rich people.
Has lots of great price info on stocks and commodities. I look at the futures all the time. News in the main stream is a little limited. Leans toward macro issues and overseas without much specific top company-specific news unless it's a Dow stock or something. To get that, you have to look it up ticker by ticker. I don't mind doing that of course if I want to check a specific company's news, but I'd like to see the most important company news in the main news stream. App is still worth 5 stars though for the price info.
Perfect example of the market dictating the leading application. Bloomberg rustled traders away from their beloved Quotrons to his vision of an information and trading platform not confined by mandates, the SEC and company, or political pork (Michelle Obama's college friend who won the bid on the ACA website design) but by the simple fact that it worked. It worked well. My wife would be livid, but I see that app icon more than my wedding ring. Thanks. Keep striving to make it better by the minute.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Finance
- Updated: Feb 20, 2014
- Version: 3.1.2
- Size: 14.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Bloomberg Finance LP
- © Bloomberg L.P.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.