One app for all your parent communication.
Bloomz is the FREE award-winning app that saves teachers lots of time in all parent communications, while creating a supportive classroom community.
“Make your life easier by consolidating all of your communications and coordination with parents.” – WeAreTeachers
“If you’re looking for ways to build relationships with and between families, check out Bloomz!” – The Cornerstone for Teachers
“There’s one app that does it all, it’s called Bloomz.” – Vicki Davis (CoolCatTeacher)
Bloomz makes it easy for teachers to securely share photos, classroom updates and reach parents instantly through messaging, as well as to coordinate events (like PT Conferences) and sign up for volunteers.
Bloomz now supports Student Timelines, a simple & beautiful way to capture and share student-driven portfolios. Students can publish their work by quickly scanning a QR code and annotating their work. Teachers can approve and instantly share with parents on Student's Timelines.
With Bloomz teachers can:
- Post class updates and share pictures, and see who’s viewing them
- Manage events and calendar, with built-in reminders
- Schedule Parent-Teacher Conferences in seconds
- Sign up volunteers in a few easy steps
- Message one or more parents, without sharing their cell phone number
- Send alerts notifications for urgent matters, to both phone and email in one click.
- Invite parents via email or class code for privacy
- Capture & share student-driven portfolios with parents securely via Student Timelines
- Reinforce students’ positive behavior, sharing notes and awards with parents
With Bloomz parents can:
- Sign up FREE and be notified via SMS/TEXT messaging
- Choose between push and email notifications, as well as their frequency
- Read posts in their preferred language with one-click translations (80 languages available)
- Communicate with other parents for play dates, carpooling and more
- New Education Product of 2016 – EdTech Digest
- 2015 Awards of Excellence – Tech & Learning
- The National Parenting Center Seal of Approval
- Top 20 Most Promising K12 Technology – CIO Review
- People’s Choice Award – Stevie Awards
- Best of Show @ ISTE 2016 – Tech & Learning
- Best Website for Teaching and Learning 2016 – American Association of School Librarians (AASL)
Bloomz is always free for teachers, parents and schools. Bloomz may experiment with different premium experiences, while continue to offer both educators and parents a free platform to connect, coordinate and communicate.
The Bloomz Convenience Pack is an easy and quick way to download and share media posted on Bloomz, in full resolution, and without restrictions.* For only $1.67 a month (billed annually at $19.99), parents get photo and video downloads at full resolution on both mobile and desktop, with multiple media selection (including full albums) and unlimited access, even after class is archived. Note: Teachers can always upload unlimited number of photos and/or videos to share with parents at no cost.
* Your subscription is effective for 1 calendar year starting with your purchase. Your iTunes account will be charged at confirmation of purchase and will renew automatically through your iTunes account within 24 hrs prior to the end of the current term at the then current price. You can turn off auto-renew at any time from your iTunes account settings, and you can cancel any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. You can ask for a refund within the first 15 days as long as no content has been downloaded after payment. Prices shown are in U.S. dollars. Other restrictions apply.
Follow us on:
Thank you for your continued LOVE for Bloomz. This release includes many customer reported issues, stability fixes and also other enhancements. Hope you will LOVE this app even more... Please upgrade to this version and write to us at email@example.com on any further improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
It’s a great start, but APP is glitchy
I just started using Bloomz, in the middle of the school year. I increased parent connection to class announcements from 3 parents, on my old website, to 25 parents on Bloomz. I love how I can message parents in a less intimidating way, that is more like a text message than a formal email. I love that I can see who has viewed my updates, and parents can interact with it through comments and likes. I also love that families, who don’t speak or read English, can have my updates auto-translated into any language. Then, parents can write to me in the language that they are comfortable with, and I can read it in English. The down side is when I use the app, verses the online platform, I find there is a lag in posting, and items take very long to load. This is especially frustrating when I am accepting and welcoming parents. After I accept a parent on the app, it doesn’t update and shows I still need to approve. It makes it unclear to me if a parent is welcomed, and causes me to worry that it looks as though I am ignoring some parents.
Good app, bad customer service
I am a 4th grade teacher and have been using Bloomz for a year or so. I’ll start with what I like- ability to add photos, easy to navigate, easy for parents to sign up, options for personalization. It’s a valuable resource. There are some funky bugs in the app, most are workable, but there is one in particular I cannot work around. The “sign up” letter is a formula, which is fine except the language doesn’t make sense in the title. I sent an email to customer support and while they were responsive at the beginning, they didn’t really listen to my concern. When I laid it out for them again, they stopped responding. It appears that there is no fix for the issue, so they decided ignoring me would be a good idea? Horrible customer service!!!!! Might be migrating to Remind 101 or the like if I have any more issues.
This app actually hinders communication!
The above statement may sound perverse, but it actually puts up a barrier between direct communication between other parents. While I like being able to communicate with the teacher - who I generally wouldn't just text directly - there's no reason there has to be so many steps between you and another parent. Because of this app, parents don't get each other's information, and school directories are becoming obsolete. With the ability to email and text directly, there is no need for this app. If you want to create a real community in your school, you have to have some level of trust. This app works against that, and fosters disconnection and distrust. Plus, it's so clunky and unreliable! I frequently miss group messages, and so do other teachers. School leaders - don't believe the hype!! This app complicates communication, rather than facilitates it.
- Bloomz Inc
- 124.3 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Bloomz Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Bloomz Convenience Pack $19.99
- Bloomz Year-End Pack $12.99
- Bloomz Teacher Premium $59.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.