Bloomz: For Teachers & Schools
By Bloomz Inc
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
One app for all your parent communication.
Bloomz is the FREE award-winning app that saves teachers lots of time in all parent communications, while creating a supportive classroom community.
“Make your life easier by consolidating all of your communications and coordination with parents.” – WeAreTeachers
“If you’re looking for ways to build relationships with and between families, check out Bloomz!” – The Cornerstone for Teachers
“There’s one app that does it all, it’s called Bloomz.” – Vicki Davis (CoolCatTeacher)
Bloomz makes it easy for teachers to securely share photos, classroom updates and reach parents instantly through messaging, as well as to coordinate events (like PT Conferences) and sign up for volunteers.
Bloomz now supports Student Timelines, a simple & beautiful way to capture and share student-driven portfolios. Students can publish their work by quickly scanning a QR code and annotating their work. Teachers can approve and instantly share with parents on Student's Timelines.
With Bloomz teachers can:
- Post class updates and share pictures, and see who’s viewing them
- Manage events and calendar, with built-in reminders
- Schedule Parent-Teacher Conferences in seconds
- Sign up volunteers in a few easy steps
- Message one or more parents, without sharing their cell phone number
- Send alerts notifications for urgent matters, to both phone and email in one click.
- Invite parents via email or class code for privacy
- Capture & share student-driven portfolios with parents securely via Student Timelines
- Reinforce students’ positive behavior, sharing notes and awards with parents
With Bloomz parents can:
- Sign up FREE and be notified via SMS/TEXT messaging
- Choose between push and email notifications, as well as their frequency
- Read posts in their preferred language with one-click translations (80 languages available)
- Communicate with other parents for play dates, carpooling and more
- New Education Product of 2016 – EdTech Digest
- 2015 Awards of Excellence – Tech & Learning
- The National Parenting Center Seal of Approval
- Top 20 Most Promising K12 Technology – CIO Review
- People’s Choice Award – Stevie Awards
- Best of Show @ ISTE 2016 – Tech & Learning
- Best Website for Teaching and Learning 2016 – American Association of School Librarians (AASL)
Bloomz is always free for teachers, parents and schools. Bloomz may experiment with different premium experiences, while continue to offer both educators and parents a free platform to connect, coordinate and communicate.
The Bloomz Convenience Pack is an easy and quick way to download and share media posted on Bloomz, in full resolution, and without restrictions.* For only $1.67 a month (billed annually at $19.99), parents get photo and video downloads at full resolution on both mobile and desktop, with multiple media selection (including full albums) and unlimited access, even after class is archived. Note: Teachers can always upload unlimited number of photos and/or videos to share with parents at no cost.
* Your subscription is effective for 1 calendar year starting with your purchase. Your iTunes account will be charged at confirmation of purchase and will renew automatically through your iTunes account within 24 hrs prior to the end of the current term at the then current price. You can turn off auto-renew at any time from your iTunes account settings, and you can cancel any time by emailing email@example.com. You can ask for a refund within the first 15 days as long as no content has been downloaded after payment. Prices shown are in U.S. dollars. Other restrictions apply.
Follow us on:
What's New in Version 2.27
Crash and bug fixes
The two stars are for the concept behind the app and that is it. Being able to communicate with my child’s teacher and other parents is great; however, I never want to use it because of all the issues.
When the red number of notifications shows up on my home screen and I click on the app, I am not redirected to new posts or announcements. I am left to try to scroll through and try to figure out what the new information is. This may not be so annoying save for the fact that while scrolling, I constantly get kicked to either the top or bottom of the feed, and sometimes randomly in the middle.
Sometimes the “home” button disappears and there is no way for me to push a button to return to the top of the feed.
Post dates are hidden in very tiny, hard to read font at the very end of the post. This is aggravating when I just want to see quickly if it is a new or old post (since the app doesn’t do this for me, as mentioned above).
There are some other irritating issues but overall, the app is too much of a pain for me to get anything out of it. Issues arise constantly, despite the frequent “bug fixes.”
Needs A LOT OF WORK!!!!
I have to use this app because my kids teachers want us to use it. From a teachers perspective, I’m assuming, it’s easy and user-friendly.
But ... as a parent who uses it for more than one kid ... it is very confusing and wastes my time. It’s a plain headache.
Posts get lost!!! Teachers send important info as updates and it just trails to the bottom of all the updates list. I spend valuable time scrolling scrolling scrolling looking for that one update telling me when PE will be. How about a search bar??!! And it would be nice if we could flag or file important updates/announcements!!!! If there is a way to do it and I’m missing it ... please tell me. I’m very tech savvy and I think this wasn’t designed with “multiple children” parents in mind. Yes I am aware you can select the child’s class to see only those posts and notifications. But even though that’s a necessary function, above issues are still ... issues.
I have more issues and suggestions but frankly, I don’t have the time to review anymore. I won’t suggest people use this app. Until you guys can find a simple more “Apple” way of designing it.
I like the idea of teachers being in better contact with me as a parent, but this app is simply frustrating. Nothing about this app is intuitive. NOTHING.
Notifications are almost impossible to resolve so the bubble goes away. I don’t want to disable them because I want to see some of the messages. Maybe it is the teachers who haven’t done things correctly, but they should be able to figure it out.
For example: My wife and I were invited to a parent/teacher conference, but because my wife was slotted for a time and I wasn’t, I either have to sign up for a different time or decline the event completely.
While I was trying to resolve this, I got into a circle of pages which were all in the same event. But to get out of it, I had to hit back 9 times to cycle through the same 3 pages.
If your child’s classroom uses it, I guess you’re stuck with it, but there has to be a more intuitive app than this.
- Category: Education
- Updated: Oct 19, 2017
- Version: 2.27
- Size: 100 MB
- Languages: English, German, Japanese, Polish, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: Bloomz Inc
- © 2017 Bloomz Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Bloomz Convenience Pack$9.99
- Bloomz Teacher Premium$59.99
- Bloomz Convenience Pack$9.99