By Ken Pletzer
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
This app is a CLIENT for the Blue Iris Windows PC software. In order to make use of this app, you must have Blue Iris version 3 or 4 installed and running on a Windows PC or VM. Instructions for connecting this app to the PC software are found in the Networking topic of its Help file.
This app provides a single point of contact to your home camera network. There is no need to insecurely open individual cameras to the Internet. This app connects using a secure and session-based protocol--no passwords are transmitted in plain text.
Remote access does require router configuration, which you can test without the app by using Safari. You should see your Blue Iris login page.
Key features include:
- Manage multiple Blue Iris installations
- Geofencing: set status, send alerts, and more in response to device location *
- Control the traffic signal icon, schedule and profile selection
- Receive iOS push notification alerts when a Blue Iris camera is triggered or there is a critical status message
- Fast H.264 streaming
- Control PTZ, IR and more for any camera that’s also controllable at the Blue Iris PC
- Listen to and talk to any camera that’s also supported at the Blue Iris PC
- Navigate cameras by tapping and swiping
- Review recordings as stored on the Blue Iris PC, up to 64x speed
- Download recorded video from the Blue Iris PC to the iOS device
- Selectively delete recordings from the Blue Iris PC
- Broadcast live video from the iOS device directly into a Blue Iris PC camera window
- Remote control DIO output signals on compatible devices
- Baby monitor functionality: continue to listen to audio with app closed or device in standby **
* Note that continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
** Note that continued use of audio streaming running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 1.40.12
Fix for app-launch after geofence update
Fix for saving video with audio to camera role
Quick and automatic retry for stalled login requests
Manage per-camera and per-device push notifications (using latest PC version)
Great start - could be better
Great app overall for viewing cams and receiving alerts. Worth the $$. A few items could be better. 1) in the alert or schedule view, the jpg image preview next to the alert time should be a low-res video preview (like dropcam/nest does). No one has the time to review tons of motion footage and there are lots of motion triggers. If you're like me, the mobile app is the primary way to interact with the cams (not the server or web view). Would like to be able to quickly scroll through alerts and see what's happening in the clip before clicking on it. 2) Needs configurable resolution images/video (to get full res if needed), as well as the ability to zoom in more 3) if connection is lost, or focus is lost and regained, would be good to return to the last view rather than re-logging in to the default view.
Poor tech support
This app has been nothing but a headache. I'm no expert on setting up IP cameras and networks so I depend on tech support. This app has little to no tech support, no number or live people to talk to. Unless you are well versed on the aforementioned technical stuff, stay clear of this app.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Jun 01, 2015
- Version: 1.40.12
- Size: 55.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Ken Pletzer
- © 2015 Perspective Software, All Rights Reserved
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.