By Ken Pletzer
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
This app is a CLIENT for the Blue Iris Windows PC software. In order to make use of this app, you must have Blue Iris version 4 installed and running on a Windows PC or VM. Instructions for connecting this app to the PC software are found in the Networking topic of its Help file.
This app provides a single point of contact to your home camera network. There is no need to insecurely open individual cameras to the Internet. This app connects using a secure and session-based protocol--no passwords are transmitted in plain text.
Remote access does require router configuration, which you can test without the app by using Safari. You should see your Blue Iris login page.
Key features include:
- Manage multiple Blue Iris installations
- Geofencing: set status, send alerts, and more in response to device location *
- Control the traffic signal icon, schedule and profile selection
- Receive iOS push notification alerts when a Blue Iris camera is triggered or there is a critical status message
- Fast H.264 streaming
- Control PTZ, IR and more for any camera that’s also controllable at the Blue Iris PC
- Listen to and talk to any camera that’s also supported at the Blue Iris PC
- Navigate cameras by tapping and swiping
- Review recordings as stored on the Blue Iris PC, up to 64x speed
- Download recorded video from the Blue Iris PC to the iOS device
- Selectively delete recordings from the Blue Iris PC
- Broadcast live video from the iOS device directly into a Blue Iris PC camera window
- Remote control DIO output signals on compatible devices
- Baby monitor functionality: continue to listen to audio with app closed or device in standby **
* Note that continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
** Note that continued use of audio streaming running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 1.59.06
Fix for missing location services privacy notice, required for geo-fence
Fix for missing photos folder addition privacy notice, required for download/record video
The Best, for me
I didn’t want to implement a stand-alone NVR. This server software that runs on one of my PCs is fantastic and meets my needs. Together the PC Blue Iris software and this App do everything I could ask for.
I have configured into Blue Iris cameras from both TRENDnet and SUNBA manufacturers.
I have configured all cameras to record continuously - 24/7. But you can establish time of day recordings or motion-triggered recordings if that’s your preference. I have the storage capacity for continuous recording.
The PC is loaded with two 1TB SSD drives dedicated to retaining 30 days of content for all of the 6 cameras I have installed into BI. I plan to add a HIkvision doorbell camera as soon as it arrives from ALIExpress (not available yet in U.S.).
The server software allows review of saved videos and they can be viewed slowly or at speeds up to 128x. The videos or portions can be exported to .mp4 format.
I will say because BI is so robust there is a substantial learning curve to become fluent with all its features. And independently of BI one needs to be experienced with their router, with static IP addresses for the cameras, and proper port forwarding. Basic router/camera stuff.
But in the end, using my iPhone and this nifty App, I have full access to all my cameras, video & audio (audio if supported by the camera) from inside the home or from ANYWHERE in the world.
The server software is reasonably priced and the App is free. You cannot go wrong.
A great app for the NVR of the same name. Geofence fixed with 1.59.05.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Nov 14, 2017
- Version: 1.59.06
- Size: 115 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Ken Pletzer
- © 2017 Perspective Software, All Rights Reserved
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.