This app is a CLIENT for the Blue Iris Windows PC software. In order to make use of this app, you must have Blue Iris version 4 installed and running on a Windows PC or VM. Instructions for connecting this app to the PC software are found in the Networking topic of its Help file.
This app provides a single point of contact to your home camera network. There is no need to insecurely open individual cameras to the Internet. This app connects using a secure and session-based protocol--no passwords are transmitted in plain text.
Remote access does require router configuration, which you can test without the app by using Safari. You should see your Blue Iris login page.
Key features include:
- Manage multiple Blue Iris installations
- Geofencing: set status, send alerts, and more in response to device location *
- Control the traffic signal icon, schedule and profile selection
- Receive iOS push notification alerts when a Blue Iris camera is triggered or there is a critical status message
- Fast H.264 streaming
- Control PTZ, IR and more for any camera that’s also controllable at the Blue Iris PC
- Listen to and talk to any camera that’s also supported at the Blue Iris PC
- Navigate cameras by tapping and swiping
- Review recordings as stored on the Blue Iris PC, up to 64x speed
- Download recorded video from the Blue Iris PC to the iOS device
- Selectively delete recordings from the Blue Iris PC
- Broadcast live video from the iOS device directly into a Blue Iris PC camera window
- Remote control DIO output signals on compatible devices
- Baby monitor functionality: continue to listen to audio with app closed or device in standby **
* Note that continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
** Note that continued use of audio streaming running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Fix to allow proper switching between servers when opening remote notifications
Fix for geofence to use server name instead of WAN address as internal server identifier
Log saved to documents folder (accessible via iTunes app) for geofence updates and issue resolution
Ratings and Reviews
Nice Companion to Blue Iris NVR
I’ve been testing remotely for about a week and it has been rock solid for the basic function of viewing motion alerts—definitely worth the price! I have much to learn regarding the various features and configuration of Blue Iris NVR and the iPhone app but I’m already a believer because core functionality on both work so well. I’m getting ready to work with Support for using a Samsung/Hanwha PNV-9080R and it will be worth the effort. I’m moving to all 4K+ cams and I’m optimistic the foundation can handle it. So much better than my old dedicated NVR which was full of bugs!
My NVR has robust hardware (8th gen I7 / 32G RAM) and responds well—the responsiveness continues to be good using the remote app, so it seems well designed. I was under the impression the NVR supports H.265 so it would be nice if the remote does also as do my new 4K cams. I’m not sure about the description saying no router config needed...I set up port forwarding for remote access to NVR as documented, but it works just the same.
Hate to say "Perfect" - But pretty close!
This works seamless for me. Now, I run the Windows version as a service - which seems best for me. Also, when I move from WiFi to LTE I do get a blip - but that can't really be blamed on the app - my network signal is changing - down/then up. I just back up or move forward on a camera and voila! all perfect (whoops-said it again).
I'm running 4 POE fixed lens, 2 Wired PTZ's and 2 wireless PTZ's - never see any glitch. Have recently started having 100% issues not being able to reach via WAN. All IP’ have stayed the same, removed and added forward rules, removed and reinstalled on a different PC - still no luck. Once I figure this out - an answer will come immediately!!
Thanks and keep up the good work. Worth every penny.
Terrific and essential
This program, and its support system, is unsurpassed and in a league of its own. It integrates all your cameras into a single app for desktop and mobile viewing, both at home and away. I have 4 different cameras around my house and the idea of having to use 4 separate apps to view them is not an option. BI puts them all together, allows for live streaming, remote alarms, voice exchange, and free storage to your own hard disk. This just can’t be matched. Support is great via email and remote access is available with priority support. Ken, his software and his team are a seamless part of my home monitoring and I’d pay double for what I get from them.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.