Manage your health care from anywhere with the Blue Shield of California app. View your ID card,
search for doctors, track your claim information, understand your benefits and more. The Blue Shield of
California app provides BSC members enhanced 24/7 service and ease-of-access to the information
that matters most.
As a member of Blue Shield of California, with our app you can:
• View your personalized dashboard
• Search for doctors and facilities, by doctor specialty, by location, and/or by name
• Display and share your Blue Shield of California ID card
• Track the current status of your plan usage, including deductibles and copayments
• Review your claims, and track the progress of new claims from outset to finalization
• Submit out-of-network claims
• Pay your monthly premiums
• Review your health care team, including your doctors’ credentials, locations and contact information
• See your health insurance plan information, including important documents like your plan summary and Evidence of Coverage (EOC)
• Review family members on your plan and see their personal information
• View your benefits, including information on custom benefits, general exclusions and benefit maximums
• Learn about our benefit discount programs, like dental, vision and pharmacy
• Find urgent care
• Quickly access your member information without having to type in your username password. Touch ID is now available for members using compatible devices.
This app is intended for use by Blue Shield of California members who are residents of California.
©Blue Shield of California is an independent member of the Blue Shield Association.
This release includes several optimizations to enhance your experience while using the app. Thanks for using the Blue Shield of California app!
Ratings and Reviews
Does the job, and developers fixed crash issue within a week
Works well to get to most info. One quibble for the one missing star - login & touch ID are still a little flaky, and sometimes have to login and enable Touch ID all over again. It seems to be somewhat related to the app's state when last exited. Killing off the app between launches seems to prevent it. Also it pops up a "Your session has expired" error with a confirm dialog, instead of just prompting for fresh fingerprint as other apps do.
Not sure what happened, but after latest update (4.1) or crashes after login on loading screen. IPhone 6s using touch id login.
Developer Response ,
We appreciate the feedback and are sorry for the inconvenience. We’ve released a new update in the iOS store that has fixed the issue and recommend you update the app now.
Very Good app, lots of info at a glance
Overall the app is quite good at getting your benefits and cost share info quickly as well as search for doctors or facilities.
What is missing for me is the ability to add your member card to the Apple Wallet and the ability to add all my physicians to “my care team” . Currently there is no add button to create my whole team. Only my primary care physicians name appears there and certainly one doctor does not make up a team of caretakers. It would be great to be able to have all the doctors I see (specialists included) in one place.
None of the information in this app is up to date. I had to switch my primary care physician 3 times because the information on the app was incorrect. I also used the app to find the closest urgent care facility when my wife was feeling ill. Only to get there and be told they only deal with workers comp claims. This app is completely useless. Don’t trust any of the information and call to verify before making any changes or driving to a location that is supposed to accept you as a patient.
- Blue Shield California
- 28.6 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 10.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2019 Blue Shield of California
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.