Manage your health care from anywhere with the Blue Shield of California app. View your ID card,
search for doctors, track your claim information, understand your benefits and more. The Blue Shield of
California app provides BSC members enhanced 24/7 service and ease-of-access to the information
that matters most.
As a member of Blue Shield of California, with our app you can:
• View your personalized dashboard
• Search for doctors and facilities, by doctor specialty, by location, and/or by name
• Display and share your Blue Shield of California ID card
• Track the current status of your plan usage, including deductibles and copayments
• Review your claims, and track the progress of new claims from outset to finalization
• Submit out-of-network claims
• Pay your monthly premiums
• Review your health care team, including your doctors’ credentials, locations and contact information
• See your health insurance plan information, including important documents like your plan summary and Evidence of Coverage (EOC)
• Review family members on your plan and see their personal information
• View your benefits, including information on custom benefits, general exclusions and benefit maximums
• Learn about our benefit discount programs, like dental, vision and pharmacy
• Find urgent care
• Quickly access your member information without having to type in your username password. Touch ID is now available for members using compatible devices.
This app is intended for use by Blue Shield of California members who are residents of California.
©Blue Shield of California is an independent member of the Blue Shield Association.
We’re excited that members can now upload out of network claims directly through their app using their camera, photo library and more! In addition, we have included several optimizations to help make it easier to find a doctor on the go. And we always include minor bug fixes and optimizations in our updates. Thanks for using the Blue Shield of California app!
Ratings and Reviews
Does the job, and developers fixed crash issue within a week
Works well to get to most info. One quibble for the one missing star - login & touch ID are still a little flaky, and sometimes have to login and enable Touch ID all over again. It seems to be somewhat related to the app's state when last exited. Killing off the app between launches seems to prevent it. Also it pops up a "Your session has expired" error with a confirm dialog, instead of just prompting for fresh fingerprint as other apps do.
Not sure what happened, but after latest update (4.1) or crashes after login on loading screen. IPhone 6s using touch id login.
We appreciate the feedback and are sorry for the inconvenience. We’ve released a new update in the iOS store that has fixed the issue and recommend you update the app now.
Works fine, but lacks basic feature
The app is intuitive and allows you to view your cards, but it lacks the ability to rotate your phone horizontally to view the ID card in full widescreen. This should be adjusted so the doctor’s office can easily scan from the phone.
Doesn't crash for me.
First time user and was hesitant to download due to all the negative reviews but no crashing for me and it's been really informative and useful. Bill pay would be kind of cool but I use my bank's bill pay anyhow.
- Blue Shield California
- 22.8 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Blue Shield of California
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.