By Bluefire Productions
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Bluefire Reader is the best way to read Adobe® Content Server protected eBooks on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch. With Bluefire Reader you can read EPUB and PDF eBooks from retailers, publishers and libraries around the world.
Bluefire Reader is designed with you, the reader, in mind. With just a tap you can highlight, bookmark, annotate, look up a definition and share excerpts via email, Facebook and Twitter. Have a large library of eBooks? You can organize your books into collections. Want to export your annotations? You can do that too! Looking for a particular passage? Search results are presented in their context, making it easy to find the exact character name or passage you’re looking for.
Bluefire Reader now supports reading location synchronization! Start reading in Bluefire Reader on your iPad; open Bluefire Reader later in the day on your iPhone and pickup right where you left off!
Bookstores and publishers around the world use the Bluefire white-label platform to power their branded apps. Try Bluefire Reader today and see why!
What's New in Version 2.4
Optimized for iPhone 6 and 6+
Support for 64-bit rendering
Miscellaneous bug fixes
Like a number of others, I wouldn’t use this app if I had any other choice. I have begged Hackett (which forces me to use it for academic desk copies) to switch to downloads usable on Kindle. The highlighting function works miserable and is a tedious trial to use.
UPDATE: This is a warning that unlike Kindle, Nook, and Google’s Play Books, Bluefire makes nor retains no index or pointers to your books. This means that if you do a restore or get a new iPad, your library will be gone entirely—unless you have gone through (and keep up) the tedious back-up outlined here:
1. Connect your device to your computer and access it via the device icon in the upper left of the iTunes main screen.
2. Once selected, you should see a button for "Apps" in the main iTunes screen. Please select it.
3. From the "Apps" screen, scroll to the bottom where you will see a section labeled "File Sharing," and you should see the Bluefire Reader icon.
4. Select the Bluefire Reader icon, and you will be able to see all of the books in your Bluefire Reader library.
5. Highlight all of the books in your library, and click the "Save To" button, and save the books to a location of your choice on your computer.
This reader is layed out well, and seems to offer the functions popular to most available products. However using them is painfully slow. Even the most simple task of highlighting text, or navigating page to page, is remarkably cumbersome, as if the application is stuck. I hope these are fixed in future versions.
Currently best iOS ePub reader
I've tried many. I keep coming back to this one. None are perfect, but this one is pretty close.
- Category: Books
- Updated: Mar 02, 2015
- Version: 2.4
- Size: 27.7 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Icelandic, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Romanian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Bluefire Productions
- © 2010-2015, Bluefire Productions, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.