Welcome to the Mississippi Blues Trail.
Your unforgettable journey into the land that spawned the single most important root source of modern popular music. Whether you're a die-hard blues fan or a casual traveler in search of an interesting trip, you'll find facts you didn't know, places you've never seen, and you'll gain a new appreciation for the area that gave birth to the blues.
* Find Blues Trail Markers via the map.
* Dive into the history of the Blues with the interactive timeline.
* Create your own custom itinerary with turn-by-turn directions.
* Look for your favorite blues artists and learn about places and events that connected them.
* View films.
* Download music from your favorite blues artists straight from iTunes.
Come see us and let the mojo start workin' on you.
The Mississippi Blues Trail is an ongoing project of the Mississippi Blues Commission. Funding for this project has been made possible by grants from the National Endowment for the Arts, National Endowment for the Humanities, Misssissippi Department of Transportation, the Federal Highway Administration, AT&T, and the Delta Center for Culture and Learning at Delta State University plus additional support from the Mississippi Development Authority Tourism Division.
• Information about 10 new trail markers: Mississippi to France (Cahors); Big Jack Johnson, Clarksdale; Willie Mitchell, Ashland; Where the Southern Cross the Dog, Moorhead; Sonny Boy Williamson in Helena; Gulfport Boogie; Blues Legends of Duncan; W. C. Handy Birthplace, Florence, AL; Delta Blues Comes to Rochester, NY; Gospel Music and the Blues, Cleveland, MS
• Fixed the map to use more information-rich standard map mode.
• Minor bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Promising, but serious glitch
Like others, I have had issues with some of the features. Every time I try to work with the”Itinerary” feature, the app just automatically closes. I wouldn’t bother with this one until they fix it.
Love it. The documentary blues videos are wonderful too. I want to travel to many of these sites some day.
Itinerary map doesn’t work
Selected numerous markers to be napped under Itinerary, but when I hit the button it just kicks me out of the app. Bummed.
- Concept House
- 35.2 MB
Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2011 Mississippi Blues Commission
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.