Connect to your Ursa Mini Pro and Pocket Cinema Camera 4K right from your iPhone or iPad in one universal app.
Using the built-in Bluetooth in your camera, BMD Bluetooth Control+ gives you the ability to wirelessly control the following functions:
- NEW Follow Focus (currently Pocket 4K with focus-by-wire lenses only). See below for some limitations
- Record Start/Stop
- White Balance, including 5 helpful presets and Auto White Balance
- Green/Magenta Tint
- Trigger Autofocus (for supported electronic lenses with autofocus enabled on lens)
- Off-speed frame rates
- Aperture (for supported electronic lenses)
- Shutter Angle
- Active Card
- Power On/Off
- Enter metadata in the Digital Slate (including location data from your iPhone or iPad if you give permission)
You can now pull focus wirelessly right from your iPhone or iPad. There are some limitations outlined below.
- Currently only supports Pocket 4K using focus-by-wire lenses
- The camera does not supply the app with any information on the lenses current focus distance, so the app will not update in real time if you pull focus manually on the lens
- Due to the nature of bluetooth, focus pulls may not be 100% smooth. It works well for nice slow pulls, but fast pulls my not feel entirely natural and organic. Unfortunately this is a limitation of the available technology.
As the name suggests, this feature locks the app into Slate-Only mode, without the ability to change critical camera settings or start/stop recording. This means you can let an assistant keep metadata up to date without the fear of interfering with important camera settings.
Apple Watch BETA
Start and stop recording right from your wrist with the Apple Watch beta
Introducing Follow Focus - wirelessly pull focus on your Pocket 4K with supported focus-by-wire lenses.
Also fixes a bug where users would not be able to stop recording when recording to an SSD on the Pocket 4K.
Ratings and Reviews
I am so grateful for this focus pulling feature. I have only tried my Panasonic 12-35mm so far, and it is working perfectly. I have over $2.5k of wireless focus gear, but the weight on a Ronin-S is is not helpful. Now I have another option. Thank you for your excellent work on this app of the year!
I bought this app to use simply to trigger the start stop on the camera. It’s going to be way more useful than nap. Good stuff.
120 fps won't stop recording
(Update) the developer fixed the issue with "record not working" within a week and added a follow focus which is pretty great
(OLD)There's an issue with my bmpcc4k. When I'm shooting 120 fps, the record button the app work for the start of the recording but not for ending the recording. This is a big issue when using a slider because I have to chace the camera in order to manually stop recording.
Developer Response ,
Hi, please contact support - firstname.lastname@example.org - and we’ll sort out the issue
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.