Lock your Mac by just walking away! Unlock your Mac by just approaching it – without even touching your iOS device!
Bluetooth Lock Pro turns your iPhone into a key for your Mac. When you walk away from your Mac, it will be automatically locked. Once you approach your workplace, Bluetooth Lock Pro unlocks your Mac. It is the latest and most convenient way to protect your computer from unauthorized access.
Bluetooth Lock Pro for iOS needs to come together with the Bluetooth Lock for OS X companion app that you can download from http://zipzapmac.com/BL
Enable “Lock when signal strength is….” in Bluetooth Lock for OS X and your Mac will be automatically locked when your iOS device moves away from it. You can even be notified when your Mac is locked.
Enable “Unlock when signal strength is….” in Bluetooth Lock for OS X and your Mac will wake up when your iOS device is close.
- Perfectly designed to be easy to use.
- Auto-lock when you're away from your Mac.
- Unlocks automatically when you're within walking proximity and return to your Mac.
- Show current signal strength.
- Auto-Calibrate feature controls the required signal strength on which your Mac should automatically lock and unlock.
- You can also manually set up the required signal strength on which your Mac should automatically lock and unlock.
- Bluetooth Lock Pro uses the latest Bluetooth 4.0 Low Energy technology to use as little energy as possible, no matter how frequent you use it!
- Security feature: your OS X password is never transferred anywhere from your Mac. Bluetooth Lock for OS X stores it in your Mac's Keychain, and OS X maintains the security. Even Bluetooth Lock for iOS has no access to this information.
- Bluetooth Lock Pro for iOS and Bluetooth Lock for OS X have been designed with speed in mind.
Bluetooth Lock Pro requires an iOS device with Bluetooth LE is running iOS 8 or later, and a Mac with Bluetooth LE (Low Energy) is running OS X Yosemite or later.
Macs that support Bluetooth 4.0 Low Energy:
- iMac late 2012 or later
- MacBook Air 2011 or later
- MacBook Pro 2012 or later
- Mac mini 2011 or later
- Mac Pro late 2013 or later
Check if your Mac supports Bluetooth Low Energy by clicking the Apple menu > About This Mac > System Report > Bluetooth.
Thanks go to all the Bluetooth Lock Pro users for their great feedback and suggestions!
Please leave your Feedback & Suggestions in our Knowledge Base:
Ratings and Reviews
Far more hassle than convenience
User interface is pleasant.
Unfortunately, toggling airplane mode (or even just wifi!) toggles an in-app switch "act as a Bluetooth key" to 'off', without turning back on once Bluetooth is back on on your devicd. This is an intolerable inconvenience. I had nice customer service experience with Andrew, but then a condescending and unhelpful exchange with just "ZipZapMac Support team." When I suggested a simple implementation to query Bluetooth status, I received no response.
Another issue with the timeout counter continuing to go up when the phone signal is shown as strong was the final stage. Switching to the well-reviewed MacID
The app works when you walk away. Unfortunately, it your computer will turn off every few seconds (whatever second seeing you choose) I had my computer on and my phone right next to it, but the computer shut down every 5 seconds. Yep. I had to reenter my screen code every five seconds. It's a one star app for a reason. I spend $7.00 on an app that's useless as screen doors on a submarine. MacID is the app you want. It offers the same functions. The difference would be.... MacID works! This app is horrible and I have a 6S. Don't waste your money. The reviews are one star for a reason. I did everything mentioned above, by other reviews and it shot craps. If you want to throw money away, donate to a charity.
- Yevgeniy Muravyev
- 7.3 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad Wi-Fi (3rd generation), iPad Wi‑Fi + Cellular (3rd generation), iPad Wi-Fi (4th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (4th generation), iPad mini Wi-Fi, iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2015, ZipZapMac
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.