By Chris Vallis
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
*** As seen on Lifehacker ***
Lock and unlock your screen when an associated bluetooth device, like your phone, when it goes out and back into range.
Secure your mac with two-factor authentication. Two-factor authentication requires the use of two authentication factors. The two factors are something the user knows and something the user has. For example a bluetooth device or finger print and a password.
- Screen can turn black or display a selected image when locked and optional password text box appears when key pressed or mouse clicked.
- Use a global hot key to lock the screen.
- Can prevent sleep or shutdown to leave applications running while the system is protected.
- Use with a password for Two-Factor authentication. This feature is off by default.
- Please pair your device before purchase. If your device cannot be paired then this app may not work.
- Increase the delay seconds before activate to decrease the chance of accidental lock. If you are having difficulty pairing an iPhone please try enabling personal hotspot.
What's New in Version 4.1.0
multiple screen support
Doesn’t use the actual lock screen.
I downloaded this app and managed to get it to pair with my iPhone, however the way this app works is when you walk away it just covers your screen with a giant black box that asks for a pin you have to set. The first problem is if you turn off the light in the room where your computer is you can still see a glow coming from your screen because the monitor is not actually asleep. Also if you have a password already on your account it wont actually unlock that so you may still have to type that in depending on when you have it set to lock.
Overall this app is not useful at all.
As of v4 (August 2014) works great
Got this to try, and as of this version, I recommend it.
I can watch the screen blank as I walk away and come to life as I approach. It’s no longer possible to force-quit the app so it’s actually secure.
Unfortunately doesn't work :(
Tried over and over to get this to work with various settings. Unfortunately, the password to re-login just never worked and so I would have to reboot to regain access to my computer. Great concept - but needs to at least function at a basic level, which it does not.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Jul 07, 2014
- Version: 4.1.0
- Size: 1.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Chris Vallis
- © Meruko
Compatibility: OS X 10.7 or later, 64-bit processor