Too many remotes? Tired of searching for and juggling remotes? Then Blumoo is exactly what you need! Take back control. Turn your iOS device into a powerful universal remote control and music streaming device with the Blumoo HomeBase and our iOS app.
Blumoo uses a comprehensive remote database capable of controlling well over 225,000 devices.
NOTICE: Blumoo HomeBase must be purchased to take advantage of the power of this mobile application.
• One Blumoo works with all your iOS devices
• You don’t have to point your phone at the TV. With no line-of-sight requirements you can control all of your equipment from anywhere around your home (even from outside or from other rooms).
• We control more. Complete database including controls for TV’s, Satellite/Cable boxes and DVRs, DVD/BluRay Players, CD Players, Speaker Systems and Soundbars, Receiver and Amplifier systems, Streaming Players, Gaming Consoles, and much more!
• Create unlimited powerful macro (multi-function) buttons
• Interactive channel guide and show details for any cable, satellite, or broadcast services
• Put a Blumoo HomeBase in every room and quickly switch between them
• Set up your remotes once and share with anyone in your house
• Customize as you see fit - rename, move, delete and add buttons
• Apple Watch app - get your TV guide favorites and any remote buttons right on your watch
• Stream music from your phone to existing audio systems over long-range Bluetooth
Learn more at www.blumoo.com
Don't buy new equipment when you can upgrade your perfectly good home theater equipment with Blumoo!
Product is discontinued - the app is no longer supported and features will stop working at some point
Ratings and Reviews
Slick customization - miss the keys!
I purchased the Blumoo remote to replace a failing Logitech Harmony. Getting the various components in my home entertainment system to synch was a breeze compared to the Harmony. The customization of the keyboards and creation of macros allows excellent control just the way you want it. You don't have to be a genius to create the keys or macros beyond what the basic configuration is and the basic configuration works immediately once you tell it what equipment that you have.
Some issues; First of all, in my case, you need to have the infrared "blaster" pointing at the equipment. It advertises that it will reflect off the walls if you keep it in the cabinet with the equipment. But, in my case it wouldn't work as the walls are at an angle to the equipment. Facing it directly worked fine. The second issue is that when you use a remote with mechanical buttons you get used to using things like volume, channel, etc., by feel. Using an iPhone or iPad to take control requires an actual look at the device and frequent unlocking of the device. I have also found that if I use the Bluemoo on my phone and my wife tries to use it on her phone during the same viewing session, only the first person to use it can take control.
Recommendation? A good buy particulary if you can find it on sale, but, I think I prefer the mechanical buttons of the Logitech better.
Great TV Control, Needs Better Apps
First, I love the Blumoo. The app allows you to customize any remote, even adding buttons across remotes (e.g., Soundbar Volume on the TV remote).
Improvements needed: we really need and want an iPad native app rather than the iPhone only app where you have to scroll the buttons on the screen based on the phone layout. Also, increased app customization would be nice, like being able to set the background and customize the color of each key. A red "Rec" button, for example.
Many of the negative reviews are complaints about the IR blaster. I put my Blumoo on top of one rear channel speaker, across the room. That works great.
Great app for A great piece of hardware
The bad reviews are from people that can't read and did not realize it requires hardware that you have to purchase separately. The positive reviews are accurate. I had to contact support, we went back-and-forth a couple times but most of my issues were on my side, the others are features I hope they add. The app is written well and does what it claims. The channel guide is an added bonus. I'm looking forward to improvements and new features. I would've given four stars but I gave five to make up for the one stars.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.