With remote controls and more, BMW Connected puts your BMW in your pocket. Optimized for 2014 and newer vehicles, the app lets you:
• STAY IN CONTROL: Lock or unlock your BMW and activate the climate control, anytime and anywhere
• PLAN AHEAD: Send destinations from the app to your in-car navigation system with one tap
• FIND YOUR CAR: Never forget where you parked your BMW
• BE RELAXED & ON TIME: Schedule trips, get alerted when to leave based on traffic, and find parking nearby
• BE EFFICIENT: For BMW i owners, track your driving efficiency and manage battery charging
• DO MORE: Access Roadside Assistance, schedule service appointments, and connect via Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant (in select markets)
BMW Connected is optimized for 2014 and newer vehicles. While the app’s features will function as expected on many 2013 and earlier vehicles, some vehicles may be incompatible with certain services.
Usage of the app is based on the general contractual and usage conditions for BMW ConnectedDrive. For further information on the wide range of services offered by BMW ConnectedDrive and BMW Connected, please also consult our webpages at www.bmw.com/connecteddrive and www.bmw.com/getconnected. Please refer to www.bmw.com/bluetooth regarding the compatibility of your smartphone with BMW cars.
A mobile Internet connection is required. This can incur costs (for example due to roaming) in accordance with the contract concluded between the customer and the network operator.
Please observe national requirements and conditions specific to the country you are in. For the aforementioned reasons, BMW is unable to warranty unrestricted compatibility and functionality of your mobile device in combination with the vehicle interface. The application is displayed in the car in the language configured for the vehicle.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can decrease battery life. If you experience significant battery drain while using BMW Connected, select the lower battery usage option in the Settings menu.
BMW Connected is now available in Canada.
Ratings and Reviews
Two things. Allow me to use this app on my iPad. It works with my iPhone but I cannot even download it to my non gps iPad. At home I can use Apple maps to look up and map a route to my destination using WiFi but without bmw connect I cannot transfer it to my BMW. I don’t believe it should require either cell phone capability or GPS to facilitate the transfer. I would rather use my much larger screen iPad to do this. Second, last spring when planning motels for our vacation I found that several addresses would not work. It took a lot of frustration before I decided that though the iphone found the address the info would not transfer because the BMW navigation database did not contain the info. Connect just said the transfer did not work but gave no reason. Needs to say why the transfer failed. Would have saved me lots of time and made the marriage more peaceful.
Hi murf36. Thanks for your feedback! Sorry to hear you've had issues with retrieving destinations sent to your BMW. Other users have been able to solve this issue by updating the vehicle software. Please make an appointment with your local BMW dealer and they should be able to take care of this for you. We'll also pass your suggestions along to the Development team for future consideration. -BMW Connected Team
Very poor app for a prestigious car maker
Suggest you acquire a new tech dept. the app is really lousy. I already have a nav in my vehicle, I don’t need the app to start it. Just want to be able send the destination to my vehicle remotely and then open it from my messages in the car. I paid $68k for my X5 when new. The app is an embarrassment. Features should not be limited to only being able to work if plugged in. Relatives that have Denalis can do a lot more from their app. Like start the AC, not just “ventilate” that is useless to me in Florida. I’ll NEVER update my app until I see positive reviews of it. It has a lot of problems. I love my X5 and will buy another, but definitely not count on the app being anything worthwhile.
Hi RedCandy - The "send to vehicle" feature is still there, it just works a little differently in the new version. When on the "Details" screen for a destination, tap the "Start in vehicle" button. This will attempt to launch navigation right away (if you're connected to your car), but it will also send the destination to your Messages folder as before. Sorry for the confusion! - BMW Connected Team
Great App, Could use 1 more feature
Overall great app, use it regularly to locate my car in a busy parking lot, confirm I actually locked it, and ventilate it on a hot day before I leave.
One feature that it desperately needs is a way to send locations to the car directly from the google maps app. I use google maps across devices and it would be great to be able to send from the app to the car. The “share” button in google maps can send the location to other apps, can it be used to quickly load an address in the BMW app?
Hi nikita e. Thanks for your feedback! While we consider your suggestion, it's worth noting that you can share locations from Google Maps with the BMW Connected app by using the Share button on any Google Maps listing. -BMW Connected Team
- BMW NORTH AMERICA, LLC
- 290.5 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (4th generation), iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), and iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation).
- English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2017 BMW of North America, LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.