With remote controls and more, BMW Connected puts your BMW in your pocket. Optimized for 2014 and newer vehicles, the app lets you:
• STAY IN CONTROL: Lock or unlock your BMW and activate the climate control, anytime and anywhere
• PLAN AHEAD: Send destinations from the app to your in-car navigation system with one tap
• FIND YOUR CAR: Never forget where you parked your BMW
• BE RELAXED & ON TIME: Schedule trips, get alerted when to leave based on traffic, and find parking nearby
• BE EFFICIENT: For BMW i owners, track your driving efficiency and manage battery charging
• DO MORE: Access Roadside Assistance, schedule service appointments, and connect via Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant (in select markets)
BMW Connected is optimized for 2014 and newer vehicles. While the app’s features will function as expected on many 2013 and earlier vehicles, some vehicles may be incompatible with certain services.
Usage of the app is based on the general contractual and usage conditions for BMW ConnectedDrive. For further information on the wide range of services offered by BMW ConnectedDrive and BMW Connected, please also consult our webpages at www.bmw.com/connecteddrive and www.bmw.com/getconnected. Please refer to www.bmw.com/bluetooth regarding the compatibility of your smartphone with BMW cars.
A mobile Internet connection is required. This can incur costs (for example due to roaming) in accordance with the contract concluded between the customer and the network operator.
Please observe national requirements and conditions specific to the country you are in. For the aforementioned reasons, BMW is unable to warranty unrestricted compatibility and functionality of your mobile device in combination with the vehicle interface. The application is displayed in the car in the language configured for the vehicle.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can decrease battery life. If you experience significant battery drain while using BMW Connected, select the lower battery usage option in the Settings menu.
This version repairs the Apple Watch app, and fixes a bug causing some users to see an incorrect message about not having an active ConnectedDrive subscription. In addition, we also recently released the following updates:
• Get prompted to activate your BMW’s climate control or ventilation (depending on your vehicle’s capabilities) before your next trip.
• Access your BMW Financial Services account directly from the app and stay connected with payment confirmations and reminders (USA only).
• Get notified if your vehicle becomes part of a recall, then see more details and schedule or request a dealer appointment in the app.
• Making a service appointment is now even easier with a newly designed in-app scheduling process (for select markets only).
• View upcoming service appointments with your Preferred Dealer on the Hub tab (for appointments scheduled via the app).
• The “Save for Later” feature is now “Favorites” - keep a list of your favorite destinations in the app, and schedule a trip or send them to your vehicle when needed.
Plus, for the all-new BMW X5 (and the forthcoming 3 Series):
• Remote Engine Start - heat or cool your car by starting the engine from the app, either immediately or at a scheduled time (USA and Canada only, with an additional service subscription).
• While on the road, passengers can now see current trip info and adjust your BMW’s climate control and media from their phones via the new Connected Command feature.
Enjoy BMW Connected, and please keep sharing your feedback from within the app. We’ll continue to use your input to make the app more valuable to you with each release.
Ratings and Reviews
If this app was a car, it would be a broken Yugo
Hard to believe that a company that makes cars that are so technologically advanced can authorize the release of an app this bad.
The couple of times I’ve needed tech support on this steaming pile, it’s taken so long to get an email response I’d given up. The solution though is always “delete the app and download again from the App Store.” I guess there is no ctrl - alt - del on a smart phone.
I love leaving the house in hot weather to see that the request to condition the car (turn on the AC) failed yet I can always manage to do useless things like honk the horn remotely. When charging the car the percentage always stays the same and the time last refreshed stays the same as when I connected the charger. Sometimes the range value changes but sometimes it doesn’t. Did the charge fail and I’m left with a two ton paperweight for the morning commute or is it still really working and the app failed - good job my legs still work as walking to the garage is a frequently required task for this.
Don’t get me started on the Navigation - which is woeful in both the i3 and X35i. The dude on the bed in Johnny Got his Gun could give better directions.
Nice app - some issues for me
Haven’t had a lot of time with this app but there are some issues the the efficiency rating when you click on it for more detail. 100% of the time I will get no stars for anticipation, acceleration or aux consumption after a drive in our 2017 X5 40e. Doesn't seem to be calculating these and registering them in the app. Driving mode and and total consumption always show stars. Other then that it seems to work well and definitely makes the car more fun and sort of turns it into a game of who can get the better efficiency. Would be nice to set precondition climate temp from the app.
Developer Response ,
Hi True Audio. Thanks for your feedback. We're glad to hear you're enjoying the app and will pass your feedback regarding efficiency rating along to our Development team for further investigation. -BMW Connected Team
Don’t waste your time
This app has soured my image of the BMW brand. I’ve had to make 5 calls to BMW assist to try and get it working and on my latest call I was told a help desk ticket had been entered and it should be completed by 30 days from now. If I want to have the month of lost service credited back to my account, I was told I’d need to place another call back. At the moment I can’t even get the app to recognize my brand new X3 because I deleted and reinstalled the app at the advice of a BMW assist rep and now it won’t accept my VIN. However, even when I had previously set it up and it recognized my vehicle, none of the features worked and it said my windows, doors, and hood were open when they were not. BMW should be embarrassed for releasing a half-baked piece of technology.
- BMW NORTH AMERICA, LLC
- 257.5 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini (5th generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, and iPad Air (3rd generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular.
English, Bulgarian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2019 BMW of North America, LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.