The Driver’s Guide is a vehicle-specific* Owner's Manual for selected BMW models**.
When using this system for the first time, you require an Internet connection. After you enter the vehicle identification number (VIN), the Owner's Manual for your vehicle is downloaded and is subsequently available without an Internet connection. Multiple vehicles can be managed within the Driver’s Guide.
You can acquaint yourself with the features of your vehicle by reading the full Owner's Manual, searching by picture, or viewing the explanatory videos. The more familiar you are with your vehicle, the better control you will have on the road.
Depending on the vehicle, either all of the following content or a selection thereof will be available:
- The full Owner's Manual.
- Quick Reference.
- A search by topic.
- A search by picture to find features.
- Explanatory animations.
- Smart Scan. To obtain specific information on individual controls with the aid of a smartphone camera.
- Solutions to particular situations based on Quicklinks.
- Explanations of the warning and indicator lamps.
- Answers to frequently asked questions (FAQ).
- PDF Owner's Manuals.
*Depending on the model and model year.
**The Driver’s Guide is available for:
- BMW 2 Series models
- BMW 3 Series, partially as of model year 2012, fully as of 2014
- BMW 4 Series models
- BMW 5 Series, partially as of model year 2010, fully as of 2011
- BMW 6 Series, partially as of model year 2012, fully as of 2013
- BMW 7 Series as of model year 2009
- BMW 8 Series as of model year 2018
- BMW X models, partially as of model year 2011, fully as of 2014
- BMW Z4 as of model year 2009
- BMW M models, partially as of model year 2013, fully as of 2014
Additional PDF owner’s manuals:
- All BMW models without iDrive system as of 1998 until 2008
More information can be found in the additional brochures of the onboard literature.
BMW wishes you a safe and enjoyable drive.
- At the request of our customers, vehicles without iDrive system as of 1998 until 2008 will also be offered additional vehicle information in the form of a PDF.
If vehicle information has already been downloaded, it must first be deleted and downloaded again in order to see PDFs.
- By logging in via your BMW ConnectedDrive account, stored vehicles can be synchronized between different mobile devices.
Ratings and Reviews
No VIN number found
Worthless!! Asks for the seven numbers of your vin. Comes back with “No manual found for that vin”. But gives you an option to download a demo version of a user manual. I am not happy, but I should use a manual that is not for my car... I’d be not happy every time I went to try and use it. Or I would never rely on it so there for I would never use it. Why would I have on my phone. Why not allow you to select your year and model!!! What a waste of time. Well BMW, at least you know how to make cars. Hire someone who knows how to develop an app.
The convenience of this app is tremendous. I’m one of those that have always traditionally read the owner’s manual when purchasing a new car. So nice to be able to look things up on my phone whenever the mood strikes me. Easy to use and the videos that come with it are a plus. Nice job BMW!
Love this app!
I use it all the time and every day. Great features. I use it for entering navigation addresses as it seems to be just so much easier. It lets me me know about my calendar events, guides me to their locations, let’s me control my car remotely if I need to. Excellent overall!
- BMW NORTH AMERICA, LLC
- 55.9 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Chinese, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Norwegian Nynorsk, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- ©2017 BMW of North America, LLC.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.