BMW M Laptimer
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
BMW M Laptimer App
Share the excitement of driving in tenths of a second and m/s². BMW M Laptimer* is a tool for analysing data on racetracks and automatically calculating lap times. The app records precise BMW sensor data directly from every BMW model fitted with BMW Apps†. You can analyze the data to increase your driving skill and precision. Or you can share a summary of your track day on Facebook and Twitter or email a recording of your laps to a friend and compare your track performance turn by turn.
BMW M Laptimer now integrates with GoPro cameras, enabling BMW drivers to control a connected GoPro camera directly from their iDrive infotainment system. The driver can monitor the GoPro camera’s Wi-Fi signal strength, battery charge level and, while parked, validate the mounting position by seeing a live preview image. In addition to the video stored on the GoPro camera, a low-resolution version can be saved to the phone for synchronous playback with an aerial track view in the BMW M Laptimer app.
BMW M Laptimer records the following vehicle sensor data:
– GPS location
– Forward acceleration
– Lateral acceleration
– Acceleration from 0 to 100 km/h or 60 mph
– Accelerator pedal‡
– Steering angle‡
– Engine speed‡
* This product and/or service is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or in any way associated with GoPro Inc. or its products and services. GoPro, HERO, and their respective logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of GoPro, Inc.
† Only available in cars with Navigation System Professional.
‡ Data may be unavailable for vehicles of certain models years and configurations. Please visit our support page for more details.
To use BMW M Laptimer, connect your iPhone to your BMW via the USB connector or snap-in adapter, and launch the app. Then use your BMW’s iDrive controller and display to create recordings and configure other. Analysis of a drive is performed on the iPhone after creating a recording in your car. Before you can use the GoPro integration, you will need to pair your GoPro camera with the GoPro app, and connect your mobile device to your GoPro Wi-Fi network.
This application is intended for off-road use on closed tracks only. Always drive safely and do not use this application for fast or high risk driving. Driving the vehicle is solely the responsibility of the driver. Stop the vehicle safely before reviewing the recorded values and results. All values and results may vary due to different conditions and their accuracy cannot be guaranteed.
What's New in Version 1.5
- Control a GoPro camera when starting and stopping the BMW M Laptimer.
- Monitor a GoPro camera Wi-Fi signal strength and battery charge level from within your BMW.
- While parked, validate a GoPro camera’s mounting angle with a video preview.
- Play back video next to the map view in the BMW M Laptimer app.
- Share the video together with a wide range of recorded sensor data with your friends via email.
- Supports GoPro® HERO4 and GoPro® HERO4 Session. Support for newer models will follow shortly.
Needs some more work
The app generally works, but has glitches. The GoPro videos will record to your phone in a split screen layout, and will playback shortly after a driving session. Very cool...But the videos will disappear from the phone for no apparent reason when you go to play them later after a few hours. The phone just shows a blank grey screen where the video would have appeared.
Doesn't seem all that accurate
We all know that BMW speedos read artificially fast. Does the app read fast too?
Also, it connects just fine with my Hero 3+. Haven't tried streaming it yet, but it seems to play fine with it.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Nov 18, 2016
- Version: 1.5
- Size: 55.8 MB
- Languages: English, German, Simplified Chinese
- Seller: BMW NORTH AMERICA, LLC
- © BMW of North America, LLC.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.