BNA Law Officer's Pocket Manual
By Bloomberg BNA
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Law Officer’s Pocket Manual is useful as a classroom training reference for officers, as well as an on-the-scene immediate reference. The handy Manual helps officers make quick decisions and take enforceable action in everyday situations, based on current guidance from the Supreme Court. Defensible police practices are presented with more than 100 practical examples drawn from leading cases. Basic rules of procedure are highlighted in red for quick reference and examples showing how the rules are applied are provided throughout.
The 2014 Edition is designed to provide the immediate answers law officers need, including the latest U.S. Supreme Court decisions on:
* radical changes to the rules governing searches of vehicles incident to an arrest
* the new rule allowing interrogations of formally charged defendants
* the latest guidance on questioning and frisking during vehicle stops
* expansion of the good-faith exception to the Fourth Amendment's exclusionary rule for unconstitutional searches and seizures
Since it was first published in 1972, hundreds of police departments, sheriffs’ offices, and security patrols nationwide have used The Law Officer’s Pocket Manual on the beat, in daily briefings, and in training, because it is written in plain English and updated annually by the experienced editors of BNA’s Criminal Law Reporter.
What's New in Version 4.0
- content updated for 2016
Good information, but lacking sources
There is a lot of good information here, but I'd like to see sources to gather more information on topics that I want to learn more about. It would be nice to have the source at the bottom of each page. For instance, when talking about road blocks and what can/can't be done, I'd love to know the case law so I can research it further.
- Category: Reference
- Updated: Nov 18, 2015
- Version: 4.0
- Size: 12.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Bureau of National Affairs
- Copyright © 2015 The Bureau of National Affairs, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.