Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Boardgame Companion is the ultimate tool for boardgamers. It includes an easy and well-organized scoring calculator for a few of the most popular boardgames. No long and boring forms to fill that all look alike! Each supported game has a specifically crafted, good-looking and animated assistant that literally guides you through the scoring process. Boardgame Companion knows the rules of each game and it won't let you make mistakes.
But Boardgame Companion is not only for scoring. You get:
- player aids to remind you of all those hard-to-remember rules. Can you you rememeber by heart all the setup rules of Puerto Rico? No more need to check the manual for them!
- an archive of known players, with photos
- a geo-tagged archive of all games you play
- possibility to send the results of a game to your friends
And if you want to determine randomly who is going to play first... just shake the iPhone!
Boardgame Companion includes support for the award winning game Alhambra and a generic game module. The following games are also available through in-app purchase at the cost of $0.99 each:
- Agricola (including expansion Farmers of the Moor)
- Puerto Rico
more games will be added in future releases! If you want to have your favorite game supported, just send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What's New in Version 1.1.1
Removed support for Ticket to Ride game and variants, per request of Days of Wonder Inc. Ticket to Ride is still available for users that have already bought it, under kind permission.
This is a very good app (this is my first ever review of anything here)
This scoring tool covers two of my favorite games - Agricola and Alhambra, so for me the price of $0.99 to add Agricola gives me no reason to complain.
It keeps track of scoring perfectly for Agricola, but the set up help for Agricola is not as robust as the same for Alhambra. That's most likely due mainly to the nature of the difference of the games.
Using this app for scoring for Alhambra adds to the game; the suspense all the players have each scoring round while the player controlling the input is palpable. I love that added fun! The one downside of Alhambra scoring is we play with many expansions and this app does not have the ability to take that into account. For example, if you play Bonus Cards or Worker Huts you the app won't allow you to count above the maximum number of building tiles-type. In all cases, however, we were able to do work-arounds. Note that the expansion for Agricola - Farmers of the Moor is completely supported if you have the add-on Agricola.
The generic scoring component of this app is perfect, easy to use, and works as advertised. It is perfect for games such as Carcassonne where your head can spin for all the times it goes around the scoring track.
Handy little tool
I enjoy using this app for tallying scores of various games (e.g. Lost Cities, Carcassonne), especially after getting brain burn when playing many games late into the night :).
For future versions, I'd recommend the following to improve this already handy app:
1) add the ability to customize the scoring slider values. One case I can think of would be with a game like Dominion where it would be better to have counters with values of -1,3,5,&9.
2) it would be nice to be able to save scores/outcomes of games, and be able to look back at how well players perform when pitted against one another at a particular game.
3) I like the slider switch action for changing scores very much. However, there have been a few occasions where I was unable to move it to the side. I'd have to aggressively wiggle my finger back and forth to free the slider and as a result, would inadvertently score incorrectly. I'm not sure if it's an issue with my iPhone, but I'd prefer slightly larger buttons that are a touch more sensitive.
All in all, a good start, and a good app. I hope to see new additions, and I would definitely support the developer with add-on purchased if improvement comes about.
Great Idea... That needs to come to fruition. (and Suggestions)
It's really a promising app! It's already pretty useful, and well made!
Like everyone else, my biggest problem are the paid game purchases. DO make the app paid at $1 or $2 and make the games free.
Also, since the app is pretty new, It doesnt have that many games yet. And since a number of games just use a simple score, it's important to be able to name the games (ideally you would make a list of games before-hand, like for the players, that you pick from)
Keeping a history of the evolution of the score could be nice too. I'd love to be able to see a table of how the score TOTALLY reversed, cause my friend made an awesome comeback! If at that time, I could snap a pic or a video with to add to the table, it would be REALLY cool!
If you make these changes, I WILL change my review to a 5 Stars.
(Also, I find your score sliders very smart, but I didn't get it at first. Maybe put a small "Sliders" text right above them)
- Category: Games
- Updated: Mar 25, 2010
- Version: 1.1.1
- Size: 1.4 MB
- Languages: English, Italian
- Seller: Alberto Barbati
- © 2009 Alberto Barbati (Gamecentric)
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Puerto Rico$0.99