Boat Lights: intuitive, useful and simple to use boat mobile app for boat operators to determine the meaning of navigation lights, shapes and sounds used on the water.
Boat Lights uses "Draw-What-You-See" search engine to quickly and easily search the comprehensive database for exact and possible matches.
A perfect tool for a maritime instructor to project the app in the classroom.
Boat Lights is now being used in over 50 countries world wide as both a reference guide and a learning aid.
On-Water Reference Guide
- Intuitive & quick to use
- "Draw-What-You-See" search engine
- Visual browser
- Flash cards for self testing
- Boat navigation lights
- Boat navigation shapes
- Boat sounds and signals
- Navigation rules / regulations
- Navigation marks
- Easily configured for different rule sets
- All data is stored in the app - no network connection required when using the app
Supported Rule Sets
- International (COLREGS)
- USA Inland
- IALA Region A
- IALA Region B
- New feature: Flash cards for self testing of vessel lights, shapes and sounds.
- Minor bug fixes and improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
The browse section works well and the ability to change to different rules is great. Also being able to see the actual rule is great. Definitely worth the 4 bucks.
As a maritime instructor, I project this app on to the wall and use it as a training aid, students love it!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.