The world’s #1 Boating app! A favorite among cruisers, anglers, sailors, and divers. Find the same detailed charts and advanced features as on the best GPS plotters. This app includes the Navionics+ subscription. To subscribe for other areas, tap Menu>Charts>Add Region. Alternatively, a free version is also available on the store that offers basic features, and you can upgrade to Navionics+ In-App.
√ Download of chart layers:
- NAUTICAL CHART: The essential cartographic reference based on Hydrographic Office data, Notices to Mariners, new publications, our own surveys, and reports from users. It provides port plans, safety depth contours, marine services info, tides & currents, navigation aids and more.
- SONARCHART™: The award-winning 1 ft/0.5m HD bathymetry map that reflects ever-changing conditions. You can enhance this chart by sharing your logs!
√ COMMUNITY EDITS: Notices added by mobile users (rocks, wrecks, etc.) and shared for all to benefit.
√ DAILY CHART UPDATES: More than 2,000 updates made every day! Go to Menu>Update All!
√ DOCK-TO-DOCK AUTOROUTING: Quickly creates detailed routes, even through narrow waterways and channels, based on chart data and navigation aids. POIs are automatically shown nearby your destination.
√ NAVIGATION MODULE: Allows for advanced route planning with ETA, distance to arrival, heading to WP, fuel consumption and more!
√ADVANCED MAP OPTIONS: Customize chart views to change overlay, highlight shallow areas, target multiple fishing ranges, and more!
√ PLOTTER SYNC: – owners of compatible Raymarine, Lowrance, Simrad and B&G plotters can transfer routes and markers, update charts, and activate or renew subscriptions of eligible plotter cards . Raymarine users can also automatically upload sonar logs from their plotter to improve SonarChart™!
√ WEATHER & TIDES: Access real-time weather data, daily and hourly forecasts, and get wind, weather buoys, tides and currents overlaid on your map. Buoy data from NOAA can include wind speed, gust and direction as well as air pressure, water temperature, wave height and other relevant marine data.
√ TIMELINE: View your track histories including pictures taken while tracking, POIs and Navionics panoramic photos.
Navionics+ is a one-year subscription. Go to Menu>Download Map to get detailed maps of specific areas. Renew your subscription with a discount of up to 50%. If you don’t renew, you can still use previously downloaded maps, along with several free features such as TRACK, ROUTE, DISTANCE, MARKERS, WIND FORECASTS, MAP OPTIONS, SYNC my DATA and GOVT CHART in US. Plus, enjoy SONARCHART™ LIVE to create personal 1 ft/0.5 m HD bathymetry maps, that display in real time while navigating. Upload your sonar logs to build even better local charts for your area connecting wirelessly to a compatible sonar/plotter.
Have a plotter card? If the registered chart card of your device has expired, you can order a new one directly from this app with up to 50% off! Go to Menu>Charts.
Updates are available with iOS 9.0 or higher devices. Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
[+] Locate multiple fishing spots quickly and easily, with depth understanding at a glance! Customize your SonarChart™ map layer view with the Fishing Ranges feature! Available with an active subscription, go to Menu > Map Options.
Ratings and Reviews
I am a current Navionics user having purchased maps and downloaded this App through iTunes for use on my iPad which I sync with my Raymarine E7 chart plotter. I have used the Caribbean, US, Canada and Europe Apps and have had a few issues I wanted to share....
1) After using the App (Europe HD for example) and adding a waypoint manually by entering the Latitude/Longitude the entered waypoint position is different (I.e. The waypoint is actually not at the entered position) than what was entered when the waypoint is checked. This is a serious issue for navigation. (Edited to add that the waypoint position error occurred when building a route using entered waypoints as stated above, in case that detail helps.)
2) In the left hand route bar, add the Lat/Lon in a display for each waypoint on a route. This would help users plot waypoints that appear on charts or manually on their chart plotter when the app fails to sync automatically.
3) My Apps fail to sync and share routes when connected to my Raymarine E7 chart plotter. Both the App, the maps and the chip in the chart plotter are current, subscribed and up to date but I get an error message when the App attempts to sync.
We regret to hear of what you are experiencing and would like to assist you further. Please contact us from within your app (Menu- Submit Feedback) referencing case #342155 so we can be in direct contact and forward immediately this issue to our Technical Support Team. Please, also provide us the email used to create your Navionics account. Plotter Sync procedure to share your routes between app and plotter is as follows: https://tinyurl.com/y8c5sgmk. Let us know if you receive any error messages.
Horrible experience with this App
Don't buy this app, its either awful or not ready yet for prime time. I bought the original App I believe two summers ago and was really happy with it. I even used it on my iPad2 when I got that. I was tempted to buy this app thinking that the user experience of the full iPad app would be better, but boy was I disappointed. The application crashes constantly while doing so, it loses your settings and waypoints that you had modified. And to top it all off, it seems massively slower than the old app running even on my old iPhone 3. Way to drop the ball, particularly for clients that already gave you money for the earlier version...
Ok, but missing coverage
We have been using this while cruising Holland and Belgium. There are large parts of Belgium which lack basic chart data such as bridge heights or locks. The charts seem much better for coastal areas. Also the weather function sound good, but has not been very accurate with respect to current conditions. Overall, this is a helpful app for planning, but not your main nav tool. For the price it is worth it. For the canals in Holland the ANWB app is much better.
- Navionics S.p.A.
- 149.1 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- Navionics Srl a socio unico © 2017
- In-App Purchases
- Navionics+ $32.99
- Nav Module $4.99
- Advanced Map Options $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.