By Lemur Software
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Just in time for Summer comes the biggest update yet for Bobble Surfer, the original iPhone surfing game!
"Bobble Surfer is the first and best take to date on a surfing video game for the iPhone." - DailyStoke.com (January 21st, 2009)
* New 'Learn to Surf' mode which features four interactive lessons teaching you everything you need to know to start carving in Bobble Surfer!
* Compete against friends with the new Global Ranking system. Find out who really is the best Bobble Surfer!
* Four all-new unlockable breaks (for a total of eight) across a variety of locations and times-of-day.
* Grab the rails of the board to turn harder and pull off higher scoring tricks.
* Choose from four different handling board styles (Shortboard, Malibu, Fish and Mini-mal) in dozens of colourful designs.
* 'Pump' your board for extra speed!
* All new combo based scoring system that lets you know what you're doing right!
* Customise the look of your character. Stand out from the crowd.
* Improved wave graphics.
What's New in Version 1.5.1
* Corrected a major graphical glitch.
I...CAN'T...STOP...PLAYING...THIS...GAME!!! OK, so it's not a totally perfect surfing simulation, but it sure helps me from going crazy when the waves are flat. And it's SO addictive! The graphics are cool and while your little bobblehead can do things in the tube that you wouldn't even think of unless you had a death wish, the actual physics of how a barrel works are pretty close. The bobble-surfer can land arials in a way that even the pros can only dream about, but isn't that the fun of playing a game...a diversion from reality? On the other hand, just like in real life, your surfer can go from ripping to getting destroyed in a heartbeat! In terms of playability and time wasted (wasted in a good way) - this is a definite 5-star!
This game is sick and can't wait for any future updates. Buy it for real!
My only requests for future update considerations:
- add sprays. That could be another huge point generator to master like the barrels.
- have some barrels close out. Maybe as the game levels progress.
- maybe the deeper you are in the barrell the more points earned.
- add more levels
- either make the game a trippy suspended reality cartoon or focus on making real maps with real spots. When I'm pakalolo'd I should be reminded what environment I'm in :-)
Nssa regional champion
The designers MUST ADD Sprays from the board. U should be able to see ur buckets. They should also make the wave break in frontt of u so u can try and make it through like real life . Like not just a perfect peel every wave. It would be cool if you surfed like a real wave; some close out, some have really good sections, others have good barrels, while some are just really steep for a huge spray! This is the best surf game for the iPhone but does need improvement. BOTTOM LINE : more variety waves at the same spot.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Jun 29, 2009
- Version: 1.5.1
- Size: 10.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Wade Perry
- © 2008 Lemur Software
Compatibility: Requires iOS 2.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.