By BodyMedia, Inc
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
This app requires an Armband and a subscription service through BodyMedia FIT. See www.bodymedia.com for more details and to purchase your BodyMedia FIT.
BodyMedia FIT system tracks calories consumed and burned. Your BodyMedia FIT Armband automatically tracks calorie burn, so you don’t have to, with the most highly accurate calories burned available in the market.*. The BodyMedia FIT app lets you upload and display your BodyMedia data wherever you go.
Bluetooth® enabled LINK users can have all of their BodyMedia data at their fingertips! When connected, you can display or upload your dashboard with live data. With the app, you can:
- Upload your summary and detailed data for calories burned and consumed, physical activity, steps taken and sleep
- Watch the progress bars in the app dashboard animate throughout the day, and get confirmation when you reach your goals
- Use the Workouts feature to create a personalized workout based upon your caloric, activity or step targets.
Plus, all BodyMedia FIT Armband users can use the app to log food and see a dashboard of their data, based upon your last Armband sync.
Clinical study results show BodyMedia FIT can improve weight loss up to 3x*! BodyMedia FIT puts you in the driver's seat by helping you understand your daily activity level and calorie burn on a minute by minute basis. That information can help you to lose weight and live a healthier lifestyle no matter your fitness level.
To learn more about BodyMedia FIT and to purchase Armbands, please visit www.bodymedia.com
* See www.bodymedia.com for details.
** vs behavioral support alone, see http://www.bodymedia.com/Amazing-New-Clinical-Study-Results
What's New in Version 3.1.1
Fix for alert message that indicates that Firmware is invalid
I have used this app with the Body Media LINK armband all year and I have only three suggestions for the developers.
1) I have seen people complain about the nutrition guide not containing enough choices, I think the more people who add original foods the more options will show up in the searches. It is not the company putting in that info, it is us, the users! *A scanner would be really nice and helpful to add foods via barcode* but that doesn't help when eating something without a barcode (which is healthier anyway) so I say, just add your new food from the label and move on.
2) I would like to be able to update my weight from the app instead of having to log into a PC to do that. This seems like a simple thing that could be added to the settings like in RunKeeper. It would also be great if my weight updates from RunKeeper just carried over to BodyMedia.
3) I would really like a notes or journal section for each day so if I go over or under any of my goals I can note down how the exception came about.
Finally, I wish BodyMedia would fully sync with SparkPeople so that exercise AND nutrition would carry over without having to click an update button or copy over nutrition from one to the other.
My armband did break (the rubber on the button ripped) and the company sent me a new one without question. I have been very pleased with the customer service I have received.
So much better than Bodybugg
As someone who previously had to deal with the bodybugg app (I have a bodybuggSP) I cannot emphasize enough how much better this bodymedia app is.
For those worried about the forced crossover, my SP works seamlessly with the bodymedia computer program and app. It is such a wonderful change to have my bodybugg ACTUALLY sync when I press the live button, and the fact that it allows you you to update on the go, without plugging in though a USB is even better. I love that all of the detailed graphs are available at any time, and the workout programs don't quit spontaneously like in the bodybugg. Plus, now I even get sleep monitoring.
It may not be perfect (I still use myfitnespal to log my food--but even then, it automatically updates to this app) but it is lightyears ahead of what I used to have to deal with.
Being done by Jawbone
Bodymedia was wonderful until acquired by Jawbone. It has gone to pot since then no updates, no improvements, and no accessories and no support. The app has a serious flaw reducing large amounts of calories when sync'd. Per customer service they are aware of the flaw but have no idea when it will be fixed. They most likely will not fix it as BM is being shut down by Jawbone. However they won't be up front about it or anything.
BM was the best tracker on the marked and Jawbone bought it to obtain it's patterns to use on their UP but Jawbone is in trouble, delayed delivery of the UP3, and being sued by suppliers for non-payment, and according to the market they are not profitable. Unless some other big company buys or rescues them they might not last long.
So about the only thing you will get currently is to pay your fee for nothing. I suggest you look for another tracker. Jawbone has ruined BM.