For more than 20 years, game designing legend Uwe Rosenberg has given players of Bohnanza the opportunity to plant beans and harvest them in exchange for as many bean dollars as possible. In the two-player-version Bohnanza – The duel, the two bean farmers offer each other gifts of beans they don‘t want for themselves, ideally ones that their opponent can‘t make use of, either. Cleverly combining the types of beans on the fields allows them to fulfil bonus tasks. The player who manages to earn the most bean dollars wins the game.
Face off against different AI opponents, or challenge hobby gardeners from all over the world! Find your place on the Bohnanza leaderboard!
- True-to-the-original, digital port of the two-player-version of Uwe Rosenberg‘s popular game Bohnanza
- The easy interactive tutorial makes for a quick entry to the game
- Featuring AI opponents of various levels of difficulty
- Play platform-independent duels against the best players in the world
Ratings and Reviews
Runs out of time in multiplayer without warning.
Lost several games because it didn't notify me it was my turn and the time ran out. Often have to exit and go back to running games page because it won’t show any games there. Otherwise works well enough. It feels like, for such a light game, play is slowed by all the turn phases for minor actions. This is not a developer issue as it is faithful to the card game but may be a consideration for some.
No problems running, but still not great
I haven’t had any of the problems with freezing or crashing discussed in the other comments. But I have had the AI cheat in some of my games: you’re not allowed to harvest a one-bean field if you have other larger fields, but the AI opponent still does it regularly. Also, more of a quibble with the game itself than the app: the Bohnus cards make the game very lucky and very unbalanced...games are pretty much won and lost solely on those cards, rather than the actual gameplay. Just a warning for fans of the original Bohnanza who are looking for a good adaptation: the rest of this game is a pretty solid Bohnanza experience, but the Bohnus cards totally change (and, in my opinion, ruin) the game.
Unplayable - waste of money so far
I just purchased this game and it won’t fully load the welcome page. Unplayable. I was really looking forward to this game...
- Digidiced UG (haftungsbeschrankt) i.G.
- 156.3 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Chinese, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2017 DIGIDICED UG Bohnanza
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.