We’re living in a world that is more connected than ever before and yet, we often fail to keep in touch with people. Sometimes even with our close friends and family. Bond is a simple app that reminds you to keep in touch with all the people that really matter to you.
You have different ways to keep in touch with different people. The first version of the app had options to Call, Text or send someone a Facebook message. The new version integrates with WhatsApp, LinkedIn and Emails, giving you more ways to keep in touch with your personal as well as professional connections.
The way it works is, for each service, you simply select all the people you wish to keep in touch with and then select how often you’d like to contact each one of them. Once set up, the app schedules regular reminders for you. When you get a reminder, you simply swipe the notification open and you get an option to contact that person right away, leaving no room for procrastination.
You know how hard it is to meet people that you genuinely connect with. Keep in touch with them and build a stronger bond with people that matter.
◦ New service integrations
- WhatsApp: WhatsApp has replaced text messaging in a lot of countries. It is also the ultimate way to text your international contacts for free. Now you can stay in touch with your friends and family no matter what part of the world they are in.
- LinkedIn: Whether you’re looking for a new job, a potential investor or you’re pursuing a big sales opportunity, it basically comes down to who you know and your relationship with them. Just connecting with people on LinkedIn is not enough. It’s important to keep in touch with them on a regular basis. Bond now gives you a way to keep in touch with your professional contacts and build lasting relationships.
- Emails: Emails work great for your formal relationships; whether it’s your college professor, your early mentor or your former boss. Now you can keep in touch with them on a regular basis. The new version integrates with Gmail, Gmail for Work and Yahoo Mail.
◦ Settings: We’re also introducing Settings in this release which will allow you to set time preferences for your reminders. In the previous version these were predefined but now for each service you can select a one-hour time slot during which you’d like to get your reminders. So you can identify a few slots in the day when you are usually a little free and use that time to connect with people.
◦ Support: We’re also adding some basic support tools. This will help you get started and get ongoing support directly from the app.
Ratings and Reviews
Response from the team
Hey guys, we understand that some of you don't see all your phone contacts. The app currently shows contacts from your default Contacts Account set under your Phone Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Default Account (Under Contacts Section). You probably have your default set to an account that doesn't have all your phone contacts. That's why some contacts are missing. Simply change the default account under Settings, come back to the app and refresh your contacts list and you should see all you contacts.
We've done this to avoid any duplicate contacts coming from different accounts. Also, we didn’t want users that have enterprise accounts setup on their phones to have to go through their entire company directory when all they want to do is keep in touch with some close friends and family.
We are working on other alternatives. But would appreciate your patience in the mean time.
Bond Support Team
Good app, but exposes an underlying problem...
This app is exactly what I’ve been looking for to help keep up with my family, church, and friends in a regular manner. It works well…when you have your contacts organized in one place. The real problem it reveals is that, if you have a large contact list that you haven’t kept up with, its likely that it is spread across multiple services (iCloud, Google, Exchange, etc) and iOS kind of mashes them all together. In order to use this app effectively, you have to first get your contacts in order, which may defeat the timesave for many.
Solid, simple app.
It's too easy to lose touch with people when our lives are hectic. With this app, I can select people from my address book and choose how frequently I would like to be reminded to touch base with them via phone, text, or social media. I've committed to always following through with the reminders and it's done wonders for maintaining my personal relationships with my busy schedule.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.