Bonza Word Puzzle
By Minimega Pty Ltd
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
** App Store Best of 2014 **
"Bonza puzzles are instantly addictive!"
- Will Shortz (Crossword Editor, The New York Times)
"It’s an idea so simple I can’t believe it hasn’t been done yet."
- Mark Serrels, Kotaku
Bonza is a new type of crossword that has become an instant classic. It mixes word search, jigsaw and trivia knowledge to create something completely fresh. If you like a word challenge and you enjoy pushing boxes around with your fingers, then you'll love Bonza Word Puzzle.
FREE DAILY PUZZLES
Every day you'll be able to solve a new free puzzle. Some are based on current events, others are designed by the Bonza community.
A new type of crossword
Free Daily Puzzles based on current events
Stunning minimalist art style
Puzzle packs by celebrity designers
Puzzles designed by the Bonza community
Relaxing ambient soundtrack
** Bonza is Designed for iPhone 4 and above. It is not compatible with iPod Touch 4th Generation or iPad 1.
What's New in Version 1.7.4
** SPECIAL! 300 FREE COINS WHEN YOU UPDATE **
Hi Bonza Solvers,
This update fixes a couple of bugs and typos. If you were having trouble using your coins to purchase old daily puzzles then this update should fix that. Also, the daily puzzles from April 2015 are now available.
Based on your feedback, we have made a decision to tweak the Bonza coin economy. You’ll notice a bunch of changes, including cheaper hints and additional ways to earn coins. Old puzzle packs cost more and the daily puzzles from January 2014 are now free. By updating, you’ll also get 300 free coins for being awesome.
We hope these changes will make the overall experience more enjoyable for everyone. Thanks for your input, and thanks for your ongoing support.
The Bonza Team
Good but could be better
1. Getting from bad to worse as others have already commented.
2. Coin economy update: past puzzles are more expensive.
3. Nagging for Ad clicks under the guise of free hints. All they did was annoy the regulars and fans without gaining anything substantial.
4. Note that this is from a app that already monetizes the play through and puzzles.
5. All this supposedly based on feedback but whose ?
The list below still holds true even after the update.
1. Weak detection of Internet connection. While all other apps function as normal, this app will complain of missing connection.
2. Buying packages, the app should check if the puzzles have been played previously and warn you from downloading them by mistake.
3. The puzzle once downloaded should allow you to play in offline mode but the app constantly needs connection.
4. Some Celebrity puzzles are atrocious. Should have a feedback mechanism so that the users can flag "lame" or "over the top" puzzles. Depending on the feedback the puzzles or the contributors can be weeded out. Not worth spending time and money on these.
Otherwise the concept is good and the execution is good.
Note to app makers: if you are using crowd sourced content please be sensitive to how you monetize the content.
A bit of advice...
If you want to buy the collected classic packs as a cheaper bundle, do it before updating. After the update all bundled packs are gone.
They say there are more ways to earn coins, but I haven't seen any more ways yet. You get the same tiers of coin packs if you choose to buy more.
Prices went from 220 for old daily puzzle packs to 290, but you still only get 5 coins for solving a puzzle (10 with the doubler).
Now when playing a level an annoying "free hint" countdown timer pops up on the side, offering a free hint if you watch a video. When the countdown ends it disappears. Then reappears a few seconds after you form another word.
My biggest problem with this game is still that you can't pick any puzzle to play from a pack that you buy or unlock.
In all, I really regret updating, and I'm considering deleting it, even though I bought it at launch and bought the coin doubler.
If these changes were brought about due to feedback, I have no idea who you were listening to.
Look, I get that 99 cents isn't a lot of money for a paid app, but this IS a paid app. On top of that there are in app purchases for more puzzles (many of which I own) so why is it that I'm constantly bombarded by ads now? Yes I can turn off the pop up ads, but the constant "Free Hint! *cough* just watch a video ad and feel like you're in a freemium title and haven't at all paid the devs*cough*"
Seriously. This is bad. At least let people turn these off. I only just purchased all the classic packs and the annoyance of the ads and the feeling that I'm now in a freemium game that I paid for has me wishing I didn't because now I don't want to play it.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Apr 29, 2015
- Version: 1.7.4
- Size: 51.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Minimega PTY LTD
- © 2014 MiniMega pty ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Mini Stack$0.99
- Value Stack$4.99
- Classic Bundle 1$2.99
- Basic Stack$1.99
- Classic Bundle 2$2.99
- Celebrity Designer Bundle 1$2.99
- Puzzle Pack 3$0.99
- Celebrity Designer Bundle 2$2.99
- Coin Doubler$1.99
- Mega Stack$9.99