ABBYY BookScanner – smart pocket scanner for books!
BookScanner turns your mobile device into a powerful mobile scanner to quickly capture books, create electronic copies in PDF and JPG, EPUB or FB2 and apply online OCR to recognize texts from scans for further editing and sharing.
Create an ebook on your iPhone or iPad and make perfect digital copies of paper ones. BookScanner is a lifesaver for students, researchers and virtually anyone, that is always at hand.
• BOOKSCANNER. Take a snapshot of facing book pages. BookScanner will split the shot into two separate images and correct any distortions and lighting defects. It will then unbend any curved lines as if you pressed the book against the glass of a desktop scanner.
• EBOOKS. Scan paper books and create electronic copies in PDF, JPEG, EPUB or FB2.
• OCR. Recognize text (OCR) on scans in 193 languages (including Latin, Cyrillic and CJK alphabets) and choose from among 12 output formats (DOCX, PDF, TXT and more) preserving the original document formatting such as lists, tables and headers.
• ANNOTATE SCANS. Use our set of easy-to-use tools to modify your PDFs: add your signature or a text box, use highlighter, write with a pen, or conceal sensitive content with the redaction tool.
• MULTIPAGE DOCS. Create, edit and enhance separate images or large multi-page books (up to 100 pages per book) quickly and easily.
• SHARE & EXPORT. Send books via email, save in cloud storages - iCloud Drive, Dropbox, Google Drive, Yandex.Disk, Evernote and more, transfer them to your Mac or PC using iTunes sharing.
• BUILT-IN FILE STORAGE. Save scans inside the app with tags and search capabilities.
• PASSWORD POTECTION. Protect your image-only PDF files with a password while exporting and sending via email.
• AUTO-CAPTURE AND FILTERS. Excellent visual quality with auto-capture of page boundaries and advanced image filters, which processes scans in color, greyscale or black-and-white versions.
• BEST-SHOT PHOTO MODE. Select Best-shot button on the viewfinder and BookScanner will automatically choose and process the best of the three images captured.
• 3D TOUCH AND SPOTLIGHT SEARCH. Tap the BookScanner icon and find scans straight from the home screen of your iPhone or iPad.
• AIRPRINT. Print out scans directly from your iPhone or iPad.
Your Library Pocket Scanner.
Please leave a review if you like BookScanner. It will be highly appreciated!
BookScanner has significantly changed. The design was absolutely rethought:
+ edit screen,
+ crop screen,
+ filter screen.
What’s more, the app now automatically goes to edit screen if the photo is imported from the gallery.
Also, it now fully supports iOS 12 and Siri Shortcuts
+ Choose Batch mode to scan multiple pages
+ Quality of document preview and saved documents has increased
Major changes introduced in past releases:
+ Improved export to OneDrive.
+ Changes in accordance with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) in the European Union.
+ Small improvements to the online OCR process.
Welcome the new BookScanner and share your feedback in AppStore.
Ratings and Reviews
Way overpriced for what you get and very, very buggy
Wish there would have been a demo light version so I'd have realized this was not ready to be purchased yet, especially at the VERY high price for this app! It crashes like crazy. It's crashed on me over 15 times while trying to scan and edit and that's after restarting my iPad and iPhone. Also it continually makes the two page scanned images into 1 page vs the 2 that is supposed to make it faster - that was part of the whole reason I got this app because I have so many books to scan in. I'm trying to downsize my physical book library for digital and I thought the cost of this app would have been worth it, but so far it's been quite disappointing and taking up way too much of my time. I hope the developers work these kinks out soon otherwise this is money down the drain on an app that seemed so promising
Developer Response ,
Dear Caitie-Beth! We're sorry you had a bad experience with our app. We often make discounts and giveaway, join our Facebook group fb.com/AbbyyMobile to be aware of it. Regards, ABBYY Mobile Team
Do not buy this app!
I never write reviews but I have to when it comes to Book scanner Pro. Please do not waste your money on this app. If there was a free version or even a .99 version, it may be worth a try.
I bought this to scan books instead of using our office Canon Copier scanner option with hopes of saving time. This app has some cool features like being able to scan two pages and then separates them into separate pages. It has OCR capabilities as well.
However when you’ve scanned ten pages it stops to tell you to send to their server for processing. It is so slow! Plus there is another two steps of processing to get the OCR PDF. All equally at slow. With that rate it’s taking even longer than the Canon scanner. And on top of it the final resolution is low quality.
And of course there is no way to get your money back! So yeah, please do not buy this app. It is a total rip off.
Developer Response ,
Hello, J. Gang! Thank you for the review. Please, try to update our app, it may help you solve listed problems :) Best regards, ABBYY Mobile
Not bad despite some kinks
I been using 4-star FineScan products for some time so I bought this app for my iPhone 7.
The OCR is as good if not better than on the other products. In fact, it automatically and correctly crops and orients a single 2-page scan - even with the extreme curvature of pages in thick books.
It’s still annoying that the OCR doesn’t break for paragraphs but that’s not a world ender. I always proof a scan, anyway. No OCR software is perfect.
The only bug I saw so far is that the preview omitted the last page of a 4-page (2-shot) scan but appeared OCRed in the final output.
I expect product updates to be forthcoming.
- ABBYY USA Software House Inc
- 136.9 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2016, ABBYY Production LLC. Multipage Scanner & OCR. Scan books on the go.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.