BookBuddy - Book Library Manager
By Kimico, Ltd.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
BookBuddy is a powerful book management application that gives you access to your entire book catalog, anywhere. Using BookBuddy is fun and easy, allowing you to quickly find any book in your library, share your favorite books, and keep track of borrowed and lent books.
* SLEEK & FUNCTIONAL: BookBuddy is cleanly designed and simple to use.
* HIGH PERFORMANCE: BookBuddy easily supports large book collections. Some of our users manage more than 10,000 books!
* ONE-STEP ADD: You can add books to your BookBuddy library by simply scanning the barcode or by searching Google Books.
* KEEP TRACK: Keep track of where your books are, which books you’ve borrowed, and to whom you’ve loaned books.
* PERSONALIZE: Create your own categories for organizing your books, maintain your own Wish List, mark your Favorites for instant access, and add personal notes about any given book.
* QUICK FIND: Instantly locate any book in your BookBuddy library by entering a search keyword or by scanning the book’s barcode.
* EASILY SHARE: Share your favorite books using Facebook, Twitter, and email. You can even export all or selected portions of your BookBuddy library in standard file formats for colleagues and friends to view on their computer or any other device.
* RELIABLE BACKUP: Keep your hard work safe by backing up your entire library to the cloud using Dropbox service. If you ever lose your iPhone you can restore your BookBuddy library on any iOS device, instantly!
* STAY IN SYNC: Import from other popular book catalog apps, such as Google Books, GoodReads, LibraryThing, Shelfari, and Anobii to ensure that your BookBuddy library is always up-to-date.
* AND MUCH MORE: Assign multiple tags to books, sort books by any field, arrange books in a series, manage each book’s reading status, easily print information about selected books to AirPrint-enabled printers, and much much more!
WHAT OUR CUSTOMERS ARE SAYING
“Book collectors best friend”
“I love my BookBuddy app!! As a book collector I no longer worry about buying doubles. When friends borrow my books I know exactly where they are, and Within seconds I can tell exactly what I have and don't have. Makes my hobby so much more enjoyable!” (Nina G.)
“This is the BEST app to inventory your library. Fast, efficient, easy and FUN to use. I love it! Now no more buying duplicate books. I take my "library" everywhere I go on my iPhone! Awesome!” (Cheryl C.)
“Delivered as promised”
“Easy to use, easy to manage, but does precisely what you need, maintain a database of your personal book collection, loans and wanna-haves with sheer genius simplicity. Best app I ever bought!” (Arjen. P)
We love staying in touch with our users and we look forward to hearing from you! If you have any feedback, questions, or concerns, please email us at:
or visit: http://www.kimicoapps.com/support.html
Follow us on Facebook:
- BookBuddy has all the features of BookBuddy Pro with a 50 book limit.
- BookBuddy can be upgraded via In-App Purchase for unlimited book storage.
What's New in Version 7.7.1
- Book Details > Online Info, is now a full Safari browser (iOS 9)
- Any book can now be rated
- LCC field can now include both letters and numbers
- Much improved import from LibraryThing
- Bug fixes and stability improvements
** If you enjoy this update, please rate BookBuddy on the App Store! **
A Great Book Manager
This is a great app to track the books you own and /or the books you have read. it allows you to perform an easy on-line search for book authors or titles via Google Books. The book information which is then imported to BookBuddy includes a nice brief book description. You can specify the book genre, and the book series name and number as appropriate. Books can be sorted by author , title , genre, series, date published, your book rating, etc. I found the price of $5 for BookBuddy Pro to be very reasonable for such a versatile book manager app that will store up to 10,000 books. The app allows for quick backup to your personal Dropbox account. A free Dropbox account provides 2 GB of storage which should be sufficent for thousands of books. In addition, with the help of the free Calibre program, you can convert your Kindle or other e-book format to a CSV file (comma separated values) and then import them into BookBuddy. Full disclosure: this requires a few steps in Calibre to import from Kindle, convert to a library list and then export in CSV format for import to BookBuddy. The only downside I will mention is that the ISBN scan feature only recognized about 20% of the books I attempted to scan. Because of this I generally used the on-line search feature to compile my library.
I found the description "BookBuddy easily supports large book collections. Some of our users manage more than 10,000 books!” to be misleading, because you can only enter 40 books on the app before you have to upgrade to BookBuddy Pro for $4.99. I did find the app easy to use and, as I am just setting it up, hope using it will be easy as well.
library list feature?
love the app so far! the only addition that would be helpful is to add a library list feature. It could keep track of what you have/haven't read, due dates, etc. Other than that, I am so happy that I found this app! 🙌🏻📚
- Category: Books
- Updated: Jul 20, 2016
- Version: 7.7.1
- Size: 16.7 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Kimico Ltd
- © 2010 Kimico Ltd.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- BookBuddy Pro Features$4.99