BookBuddy is a powerful book management app that gives you access to your entire book catalog, anywhere. Using BookBuddy is fun and easy, allowing you to quickly find any book in your library, share your favorite books, and keep track of borrowed and lent books.
- BookBuddy has all the features of BookBuddy Pro with a 50 book limit.
- BookBuddy can be upgraded via In-App Purchase for unlimited book storage.
* SLEEK & FUNCTIONAL: BookBuddy is cleanly designed and simple to use.
* BUILT-IN SYNCING: Seamlessly sync your BookBuddy library across all your devices using iCloud or Dropbox. Your data stays in sync so that you always have the up-to-date version of your library on all your iOS devices.
* BE PRODUCTIVE: Multitask seamlessly on iPad with full Split View support in iOS 9.
* HIGH PERFORMANCE: BookBuddy easily supports large book collections. Some of our users manage more than 10,000 books!
* ONE-STEP ADD: You can add books to your BookBuddy library by simply scanning the barcode or by searching Google Books.
* KEEP TRACK: Keep track of where your books are, which books you’ve borrowed, and to whom you’ve loaned books.
* PERSONALIZE: Create your own categories for organizing your books, maintain your own Wish List, mark your Favorites for instant access, and add personal notes about any given book.
* QUICK FIND: Instantly locate any book in your BookBuddy library by entering a search keyword or by scanning the book’s barcode.
* EASILY SHARE: Share your favorite books using Facebook, Twitter, and email. You can even export all or selected portions of your BookBuddy library in standard file formats for colleagues and friends to view on their computer or any other device.
* RELIABLE BACKUP: Keep your hard work safe by backing up your entire library to the cloud using Dropbox service. If you ever lose your iPhone you can restore your BookBuddy library on any iOS device, instantly!
* IMPORT 3RD PARTY DATA: Import from other popular book catalog apps, such as Google Books, GoodReads, LibraryThing, Shelfari, and Anobii to ensure that your BookBuddy library is always up-to-date.
* AND MUCH MORE: Assign multiple tags to books, sort books by any field, arrange books in a series, manage each book’s reading status, easily print information about selected books to AirPrint-enabled printers, and much much more!
WHAT OUR CUSTOMERS ARE SAYING
“Book collectors best friend”
“I love my BookBuddy app!! As a book collector I no longer worry about buying doubles. When friends borrow my books I know exactly where they are, and Within seconds I can tell exactly what I have and don't have. Makes my hobby so much more enjoyable!” (Nina G.)
“This is the BEST app to inventory your library. Fast, efficient, easy and FUN to use. I love it! Now no more buying duplicate books. I take my "library" everywhere I go on my iPhone! Awesome!” (Cheryl C.)
“Delivered as promised”
“Easy to use, easy to manage, but does precisely what you need, maintain a database of your personal book collection, loans and wanna-haves with sheer genius simplicity. Best app I ever bought!” (Arjen. P)
We love staying in touch with our users and we look forward to hearing from you! If you have any feedback, questions, or concerns, please email us at:
or visit: http://www.kimicoapps.com/support.html
Follow us on Facebook:
- Fixed searching online images
Ratings and Reviews
Lacks Basic Information
When upgrading from BookBuddy to BookBuddy Pro there is little to no guidance on how to integrate the basic and upgraded versions of this app. I spent many hours over the past few days scanning ISBN numbers and manually inputting book data into the basic version. I expected that the upgrade would be seamless, incorporating the previously cataloged books into the Pro version with its larger capacity. Not so. I have tried syncing the data, tried importing, tried to contact the developer — no phone number—tried You Tube, searching for a how-to video, all to no avail. The books I catalogued are still sitting in the basic version, and when I click on “upgrade” it instructs me to buy the Pro version for $4.99, which I already did! I even phoned Apple’s support line, and they insisted on remotely accessing my laptop, even though the app was only on my iPad. That felt invasive and violating, and unnecessary. In the end, they offered no help, just the suggestion to contact the app developer. Square one. Kimico Ltd. needs to do a better job of creating a user friendly app and providing adequate support. Some of the books I listed in the basic version also are not showing up in the overall list, although when I tried to relist them, a message appeared saying the books were already included, although they could not be seen in the master list. At this point, I am considering alternative book cataloguing apps.
Thank you for your honest feedback. Clearly you had a bad experience that we wish to fix ASAP! Please note that our technical support is available 24/7 and responds in less than 24 hours. In most cases we respond much faster... You can contact us via our website at https://www.kimicoapps.com, via BookBuddy app by selecting Settings > Send Feedback, or via the App Store app by selecting "App Support" appearing on BookBuddy app page. We look forward to your email to provide you the instructions to transfer your library from the free to the pro version. Our email is firstname.lastname@example.org
Favorite of the bunch
I love books. While my library is probably small compared to many, I have about 1,000 currently. For years I used Delicious Library. However I felt like their iOS presence was not that great. I also recently moved offices, which meant moving my books, which gave me the opportunity to update my catalogue. I downloaded about 6 other apps and ways to catalogue my books. Book Buddy is my favorite of the bunch. I like the features and the design compared to the other ones. The only thing I wish it had was batch updating/editing and smart shelves (categories). Hence the four out of five.
This one worked
I searched App Store for Book Library apps—only saw several true book library apps. I tried several that were free or had in-app purchases (wasn’t going to pay for this kind of app without trying it first). Every one I tried gave me some kind of problem: couldn’t find the book, didn’t save the entry, didn’t save the cover photo I took, etc..,
I tried this one before throwing in the towel and just going with a generic database app like Tap Forms (which I really like)... but lo and behold...it worked on everything I tried.
Will definitely be upgrading.
Good solid app.
- Kimico Ltd
- 38.5 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2010 Kimico Ltd.
- In-App Purchases
- BookBuddy Pro Features $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.