BookBuddy is a powerful book management app that gives you access to your entire book catalog, anywhere. Using BookBuddy is fun and easy, allowing you to quickly find any book in your library, share your favorite books, and keep track of borrowed and lent books.
* SLEEK & FUNCTIONAL: BookBuddy is cleanly designed and simple to use.
* BUILT-IN SYNCING: Seamlessly sync your BookBuddy library across all your devices using iCloud or Dropbox. Your data stays in sync so that you always have the up-to-date version of your library on all your iOS devices.
* BE PRODUCTIVE: Multitask seamlessly on iPad with full Split View support in iOS 9.
* HIGH PERFORMANCE: BookBuddy easily supports large book collections. Some of our users manage more than 10,000 books!
* ONE-STEP ADD: You can add books to your BookBuddy library by simply scanning the barcode or by searching Google Books.
* KEEP TRACK: Keep track of where your books are, which books you’ve borrowed, and to whom you’ve loaned books.
* PERSONALIZE: Create your own categories for organizing your books, maintain your own Wish List, mark your Favorites for instant access, and add personal notes about any given book.
* QUICK FIND: Instantly locate any book in your BookBuddy library by entering a search keyword or by scanning the book’s barcode.
* EASILY SHARE: Share your favorite books using Facebook, Twitter, and email. You can even export all or selected portions of your BookBuddy library in standard file formats for colleagues and friends to view on their computer or any other device.
* RELIABLE BACKUP: Keep your hard work safe by backing up your entire library to the cloud using Dropbox service. If you ever lose your iPhone you can restore your BookBuddy library on any iOS device, instantly!
* IMPORT 3RD PARTY DATA: Import from other popular book catalog apps, such as Google Books, GoodReads, LibraryThing, Shelfari, and Anobii to ensure that your BookBuddy library is always up-to-date.
* AND MUCH MORE: Assign multiple tags to books, sort books by any field, arrange books in a series, manage each book’s reading status, easily print information about selected books to AirPrint-enabled printers, and much much more!
WHAT OUR CUSTOMERS ARE SAYING
“Book collectors best friend”
“I love my BookBuddy app!! As a book collector I no longer worry about buying doubles. When friends borrow my books I know exactly where they are, and Within seconds I can tell exactly what I have and don't have. Makes my hobby so much more enjoyable!” (Nina G.)
“This is the BEST app to inventory your library. Fast, efficient, easy and FUN to use. I love it! Now no more buying duplicate books. I take my "library" everywhere I go on my iPhone! Awesome!” (Cheryl C.)
“Delivered as promised”
“Easy to use, easy to manage, but does precisely what you need, maintain a database of your personal book collection, loans and wanna-haves with sheer genius simplicity. Best app I ever bought!” (Arjen. P)
We love staying in touch with our users and we look forward to hearing from you! If you have any feedback, questions, or concerns, please email us at:
or visit: http://www.kimicoapps.com/support.html
Follow us on Facebook:
- Bug fixes and stability improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Works like a charm!
This app fits by needs by far. It can catagorize books by, name, price, publisher, etc. The app gives you unlimited amount of books in you personal library. The best benefit of this app is the barcode scanner. It can always find the name and other information about your book just by scanning the barcode! If your book can't be scanned, they even give you a little internet to search for your book. If it isn't on the internet or it can't scan on the barcode scanner, you can add it manually. I only had to do this once for a local book I bought. As you might see, I did take off a star. I took of this star just because it costs money. I don't think it is necessary to cost money. Newsflash, you're not going to make a lot of money with this app! They even have a free one that I originally had, but it only let you have forty books in your library. Guess what?! They didn't even tell you about the forty books only rule. Consequently, when I had took my time to scan 40 books, it shut me off! Telling me only 40 books! Anyways, that is their problem. The rest of the app was really good, if I could I would give it a four in a half rating. But now I'm happy to give it a 4 out of 5 star rating!
This app is nearly perfect in organizing books among my children, students and myself! I love the options of organizing my books into professional, personal, and children categories; I love that I get the option to add more categories or edit the ones already provided. I also LOVE the loaned out option; you can assign a book as loaned out/returned.
I would give this app five stars if I could access my library online, but also if the loaned out option would be more streamlined, such as, you could click on "loaned out" and it would automatically assign the current date. It just requires too much clicking to assign a book as "loaned out" and then you have to toggle to the current date. I wish you could just scan or click a book and it would automatically assign it as loaned out and include that day's date, maybe provide a default option in settings?
Hopefully, those features will be added later. I plan on keeping this app and hope these changes can be made or that some other developer will include these options. Until then, it's the best library app out there!
Thank you for your feedback! Please note that when you loan out a book, today’s date is indeed automatically assigned to the book and you don’t need to specify the date via the toggle button. You should use the toggle button in case that you wish to specify a different date than today’s date, but otherwise there is no need to touch it. Just loan out the book by selecting a contact, and today’s date will be assigned automatically. This behavior can be controlled via Settings > General > Auto Fill Borrow Dates (which by default is ON)
a great app, but with so much more potential!
A great app! Fairly easy to import new titles. Some suggestions to optimize usability of the bookbuddy (and moviebuddy) app:
1) batch edit function. at present you can only edit items one at a time, field per field. provide for the ability, in list view, to select multiple items; then have the ability to apply an edit, to a single or multiple fields, to all selected items.
2) search query. at present the search function will only search the titles of items. provide a module that allows for a multi-parameter or multi-field search; for example by tag(s), genre, or combination of fields.
3) desktop app, or desktop web browser-based interface. a lightweight desktop app or desktop web browser interface that syncs with your mobile device(s). this would greatly aid in database management, as managing from the mobile device interface is clumsy esp. when needing to edit each record one at a time, field by field.
- Kimico Ltd
- 38.9 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2010 Kimico Ltd.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.