By Sonny Software, LLC
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
***** CNET "Editor's Pick" for Reference Software and rated "Outstanding" by CNET editors.
Reference management entails the collection, annotation, and citation of published information. Bookends greatly simplifies these tasks.
Bookends performs Internet searches to retrieve references and associated pdfs from PubMed, Amazon, Google Scholar, JSTOR, Web of Science, and hundreds of university libraries (some sites may require access privileges and ip authentication). Immediately find and import references for which you already have the pdf.
Versatile groups (static, smart, and virtual), Term Lists (keywords, authors, etc.), reference cross-linking (links), multiple notecards per reference, tag clouds, and near-instantaneous live searches help organize and find information in your personal collection. Highly configurable displays let you view the reference information and attachments the way you want.
Scan your word processor documents to create publication-ready manuscripts complete with bibliographies and footnotes. Bookends is compatible with Word (2011 and 2016), Mellel, Apple Pages '08, ‘09, and 5, Nisus Writer Pro, OpenOffice 3, and any application that can save RTF files.
Sync your library, including pdfs, with Bookends On Tap (available separately for iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch on the App Store).
Whether you are a student or professional, in the sciences or humanities, Bookends will help you every step of the way as you search for information, collect and analyze results, and put together your own work for submission or publication.
Click on the link below to visit Sonny Software, read about Bookends in more detail, see it in action in video tutorials.
What's New in Version 12.7
• Fixed a bug that could in some cases cause a crash when manually removing duplicates.
• Fixed a bug that could cause a crash when importing a tag beginning with an asterisk.
• Fixed a bug in drawing the Term List pushpin on Retina displays.
• Fixed a bug that prevented Refs -> Insert Date from working in the Additional Fields tab.
• Fixed a bug in Autocomplete Paper using Google Scholar where some search characters could cause the search to hang.
• Fixed a bug in which the Type column in the reference list where there are multiple selected lines was not updated immediately after a global change.
• Fixed a bug where some characters could be output as UTF-8 even though BibTeX conversion of Unicode to TeX was enabled.
• Fixed a bug where the "Generate a bibliography" checkbox could be disabled when doing a Mellel scan.
• Fixed a bug that could cause an error to be thrown when importing an existing bibliography using CrossRef.
• Fixed a problem where the Word 2016 AppleScripts were not installed when the user's machine didn't have an Application Scripts folder.
• Fixed a bug that could cause a hang when importing some MARC records.
• Fixed a bug in searching notecards for character strings enclosed quote marks.
• Fixed a cosmetic bug in File -> Go To URL where the online search window controls might not be rendered properly.
• Fixed a bug that prevented windows from being moved to the top of the screen when System Preferences -> General -> Automatically hide and show the menu bar was checked.
• Fixed an issue with RIS imports where the starting and ending pages numbers could be reversed.