Simply Better. Easier-to-use, clean design, full control, and audio from more sources. Bookmobile provides a better experience for listening to audiobooks than any other app.
Try it for free! Download the app as a FREE TRIAL of up to 5 audiobooks for 60 days. If you like it, an In-App purchase will allow an unlimited number of audiobooks for $3.99 USD.
So, what do you get?
An interface optimized for listening to spoken word content, especially while driving. No sliders, dragging or other controls that are nearly impossible to get right while you are driving. Easy access to the controls that matter most while listening.
Get, play and manage audio content from a wide variety of sources: iTunes, Audible.com, Librivox.org, CDs, public library downloads, RSS feeds, Dropbox, and more.
Auto-Bookmarks make it easy to find your place.
Customizable, exportable bookmarks (name, color, and notes) to keep track of special audio passages.
Complete control over audio files:
- Reorder parts/episodes.
- Change title of audiobooks, podcasts, parts, episodes.
- Cover artwork can be added or replaced -- just a simple copy-and-paste of any image from web or photo library.
- Download/delete/re-download audio files whenever you want.
Audio File Types Supported:
- DRM-enabled content (from Audible.com or iTunes Store)
- non-DRM content (from web downloads, CDs, etc.)
- M4B audiobooks, including chapters, artwork
- MP3 audio files, including artwork, ID3 tags
- import individual audio files, folders of audio files, or Zip archives (including artwork image files)
Audio Import Options:
- add from on-device iTunes Library
- use your computer's web browser
- use iTunes File Sharing (no syncing required)
- Open in... Bookmobile from other apps, including Dropbox, Mail or Safari
- download from websites or local computer
Download straight into the app from iTunes Store, Librivox.org, and ListenUp Audiobooks.
- Easy access from main screen,
- Shake to add time before or after expiration,
- Auto-screen dimming,
- Stop at the current chapter end, or any number of minutes.
- easily search and browse through thousands of podcasts,
- import from RSS feed,
- import in mass from OPML file,
- check for new episodes in all your podcasts or each individually,
- customize artwork and titles,
- bookmarks fully supported with name, notes, and color,
- specify play order priorities (oldest, newest, next newest, etc) for each podcast,
- specify auto-download settings (limits, wifi-requried, replacement policy) for each podcast,
- specify skip amounts (opening, closing, driving mode) for each podcast.
Playback Speed can be adjusted from slightly faster (10%) to double speed, with lots of options in-between.
- 30-sec skip (or your custom value)
AirPlay support allows redirection of audio output.
Mix audiobooks and podcast episodes in playlist.
Alright, I'm still working on a major update, but I've found this feature too useful to hold up...
There's a new "push pin" icon on the main screen that creates a "Pin Dropped" bookmark. Once that has been tapped, a "push pin play" icon is available, which will, you guessed it, play from the dropped pin location.
Why is this useful? Well, let's say you're done listening to an audiobook, and you hit pause, and put your phone away, but something happens that causes the audiobook to start playing again without you noticing (bluetooth, "pocket dial", etc.). Sometime later, you open the app and discover you're not where you expected, so you have to dig through the bookmarks to find where you last paused. With the Push Pin, whenever you're done listening for a while, you "drop a pin", then it doesn't matter what happens, when you open the app back up, you push the new "push pin play" icon, and you're right back where you left off. Or, perhaps you want a simpler method to create custom bookmarks, without having to wade through the sea of Pause or auto-bookmarks to find the one to customize. Just drop a pin (no need to pause), and customize it later (they're gold colored, so they're easy to find). Or, maybe you want to play a particular section of the audio over and over. Just drop a pin at the start location, and hit the "push pin play" button to get back to it as many times as you like.
When you customize a "Pin Dropped" bookmark, a new bookmark is created, so you don't lose your "pin".
There's also a couple of bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Advanced bookmarking function is my favorite feature
I tried several different podcast apps and this one best fit my needs.
The most important feature I was looking for was an advanced bookmarking function. As part of my studies, I collect segments of podcasts for future reference, so being able to mark the podcast name, episode, start time, and end time was the most critical. What was also important was the ability to export the bookmarks to a NON-PROPRIETARY format so I can process the information afterwards. This app can export to CSV... perfect. I use this app more than everything else on my phone.
A recently added feature, "Newest Downlaoded"/"Oldest Downloaded" under the play order priorities, is extremely valuable at keeping podcast listening truly hands-free when driving.
Perfect for cross-OS imports
This app is truly extraordinary. I have an iphone and my computer runs linux. This combination is sometimes difficult. This app makes it easy. I own non-audible audiobooks on my computer, and all I want is to listen to them on my iphone without passing them through itunes. Almost no app seems to be able to handle this simple task. But not only can Bookmobile import audiobooks from other apps like dropbox, but moreover IT CAN IMPORT DIRECTLY FROM MY BROWSER ON MY COMPUTER. This may be the single most useful feature I have ever encountered in an app. The interface itself is perfect. Simple and intuitive, difficult to mess up. Bookmobile, you got this one right. Highly recommend.
Decent but buggy [1yr update]
[1yr update: We got a promise of a big update at least 4 months from this writing. Nothing has improved about the random resume play bug many people are reporting. Also, we're now into Apple's 2nd gen iPhone X display... And this app hasn't need updated to comply. I'm losing faith...]
I listen to audiobook every day on my commute and bookmobile works well for the most part. However, it's a bit buggy... It doesn't seem like it wants to stop playing. After pausing from the lock screen, everytime I wake the phone, it would auto resume. It would also auto resume playing when I open the app from a paused state. I made sure the auto play features are all off. So it's really annoying to find my phone start talking whenever I wake my phone... Also, this app hasn't been updated for the iPhone X screen, yet.
- Freshmowed Software
- 65.5 MB
Requires iOS 10.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Freshmowed Software
- In-App Purchases
- Play Unlimited Audiobooks and Podcasts $3.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.