Bookmobile Audiobook and Podcast Player
By Freshmowed Software
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Simply Better. Easier-to-use, clean design, full control, and audio from more sources. Bookmobile provides a better experience for listening to audiobooks than any other app.
Try it for free! Download the app as a FREE TRIAL of up to 5 audiobooks for 60 days. If you like it, an In-App purchase will allow an unlimited number of audiobooks for $3.99 USD.
So, what do you get?
An interface optimized for listening to spoken word content, especially while driving. No sliders, dragging or other controls that are nearly impossible to get right while you are driving. Easy access to the controls that matter most while listening.
Get, play and manage audio content from a wide variety of sources: iTunes, Audible.com, Librivox.org, CDs, public library downloads, RSS feeds, Dropbox, and more.
Auto-Bookmarks make it easy to find your place.
Customizable, exportable bookmarks (name, color, and notes) to keep track of special audio passages.
Complete control over audio files:
- Reorder parts/episodes.
- Change title of audiobooks, podcasts, parts, episodes.
- Cover artwork can be added or replaced -- just a simple copy-and-paste of any image from web or photo library.
- Download/delete/re-download audio files whenever you want.
Audio File Types Supported:
- DRM-enabled content (from Audible.com or iTunes Store)
- non-DRM content (from web downloads, CDs, etc.)
- M4B audiobooks, including chapters, artwork
- MP3 audio files, including artwork, ID3 tags
- import individual audio files, folders of audio files, or Zip archives (including artwork image files)
Audio Import Options:
- add from on-device iTunes Library
- use your computer's web browser
- use iTunes File Sharing (no syncing required)
- Open in... Bookmobile from other apps, including Dropbox, Mail or Safari
- download from websites or local computer
Download straight into the app from iTunes Store, Librivox.org, and ListenUp Audiobooks.
- Easy access from main screen,
- Shake to add time before or after expiration,
- Auto-screen dimming,
- Stop at the current chapter end, or any number of minutes.
- easily search and browse through thousands of podcasts,
- import from RSS feed,
- import in mass from OPML file,
- check for new episodes in all your podcasts or each individually,
- customize artwork and titles,
- bookmarks fully supported with name, notes, and color,
- specify play order priorities (oldest, newest, next newest, etc) for each podcast,
- specify auto-download settings (limits, wifi-requried, replacement policy) for each podcast,
- specify skip amounts (opening, closing, driving mode) for each podcast.
Playback Speed can be adjusted from slightly faster (10%) to double speed, with lots of options in-between.
- 30-sec skip (or your custom value)
AirPlay support allows redirection of audio output.
Mix audiobooks and podcast episodes in playlist.
What's New in Version 7.8.3
Bug fixes and enhancements:
- fixed crasher for users with Podcasts in iTunes Library
- menu item for deleting all audiobooks that have been removed from iTunes Library
- more episode information from podcasts in iTunes Library
- podcast episodes can be marked as seen at any time
- better table layout when reordering chapters or podcast episodes
- podcast episodes now show progress bar in episode table
- shorter time-to-play for long mp3s.
Advanced bookmarking function is my favorite feature
I tried several different podcast apps and this one best fit my needs.
The most important feature I was looking for was an advanced bookmarking function. As part of my studies, I collect segments of podcasts for future reference, so being able to mark the podcast name, episode, start time, and end time was the most critical. What was also important was the ability to export the bookmarks to a NON-PROPRIETARY format so I can process the information afterwards. This app can export to CSV... perfect. I use this app more than everything else on my phone.
A recently added feature, "Newest Downlaoded"/"Oldest Downloaded" under the play order priorities, is extremely valuable at keeping podcast listening truly hands-free when driving.
Excellent - My Most Used App
Best audiobook/podcast player I've found. Lots of functionality. It's loaded with features, one of which I find particularly useful: the ability to load and play audiobooks consisting of multiple files within a single ZIP archive file. Also, I like being able to upload my audiobooks to the app using a web browser instead of Itunes. This app just keeps getting better and better. Definitely recommended.
Over all a decent app
Decent app. I listen to a lot of audiobooks. It does have a few quirks. Current version likes to jump back to where you started to listen when you pause and switch to another app (rather than where you paused) but it is still better than trying to listen to audiobooks through apple ibooks. Simple, straight forward and easy to use.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Books
- Updated: Aug 07, 2017
- Version: 7.8.3
- Size: 67.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Freshmowed Software
- © 2017 Freshmowed Software
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Play Unlimited Audiobooks and Podcasts$3.99