Bookmobile Audiobook and Podcast Player
By Freshmowed Software
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Simply Better. Easier-to-use, clean design, full control, and audio from more sources. Bookmobile provides a better experience for listening to audiobooks than any other app.
Try it for free! Download the app as a FREE TRIAL for up to 5 audiobooks or podcasts for 60 days. A one-time In-App purchase allows playing an unlimited number of audiobooks for $3.99 USD.
What do you get?
An interface optimized for listening to spoken word content, especially while driving. No sliders, dragging or other controls that are nearly impossible to get right while you are driving. Easy access to the controls that matter most while listening.
Get, play and manage audio content from a wide variety of sources: iTunes, Audible.com, Librivox.org, CDs, public library downloads, RSS feeds, Dropbox, and more.
Auto-Bookmarks make it easy to find your place.
Customizable, exportable bookmarks (name, color, and notes) to keep track of special audio passages.
Complete control over audio files:
- Reorder parts/episodes.
- Change title of audiobooks, podcasts, parts, episodes.
- Cover artwork can be added or replaced -- just a simple copy-and-paste of any image from web or photo library.
- Download/delete/re-download audio files whenever you want.
Audio File Types Supported:
- DRM-enabled content (from Audible.com or iTunes Store)
- non-DRM content (from web downloads, CDs, etc.)
- M4B audiobooks, including chapters, artwork
- MP3 audio files, including artwork, ID3 tags
- import individual audio files, folders of audio files, or Zip archives (including artwork image files)
Audio Import Options:
- add from on-device iTunes Library
- use your computer's web browser
- use iTunes File Sharing (no syncing required)
- Open in... Bookmobile from other apps, including Dropbox, Mail or Safari
- download from websites or local computer
Download straight into the app from iTunes Store, Librivox.org, and ListenUp Audiobooks.
- Easy access from main screen,
- Shake to add time before or after expiration,
- Auto-screen dimming,
- Stop at the current chapter end, or any number of minutes.
- easily search and browse through thousands of podcasts,
- import from RSS feed,
- import in mass from OPML file,
- check for new episodes in all your podcasts or each individually,
- customize artwork and titles,
- bookmarks fully supported with name, notes, and color,
- specify play order priorities (oldest, newest, next newest, etc) for each podcast,
- specify auto-download settings (limits, wifi-requried, replacement policy) for each podcast,
- specify skip amounts (opening, closing, driving mode) for each podcast.
Playback Speed can be adjusted from slightly faster (10%) to double speed, with lots of options in-between.
- 30-sec skip (or your custom value)
AirPlay support allows redirection of audio output.
Mix audiobooks and podcast episodes in playlist.
What's New in Version 7.5.3
A new icon. This is going to happen periodically, and I get to do it because, as a company of one, you get to do what you want. I hope you like it. I'm sure some people will hate it, some will love it, but most will just say meh. I got tired of trying to create an icon that goes with the name, so this is sort of a 70's retro-modern graphic.
Thanks for all the great reviews. If you like the app, please leave a review. If you don't... well, do something else. If you wrote a bad review because of a bug, and the bug has been fixed, please update your review. Bugs go away, but reviews don't.
- Ability to sort bookmarks by position coming and going.
Not 5 stars because...
I love this app. I really like not to be worry about format and that I can use it for podcasts too. Not sure if my experience uploading audiobooks using ftp is related to a bug or something else. I have never been able to make it work. It always go to a yahoo search. I don't like using iTunes, I feel like I'm not getting any benefit out of the app but since I paid the $3, I keep using it. I hope the developer could post some better guidance and reliability to use the ftp.
Solid working solution
I like this app. It's simple, pretty intuitive and the owner doesn't bloat it out with ads like some other apps do. It works. And you can art the speed and that function works quite well too. I just like it. I won't stop using Audible, but this works for some lectures I had on CD. And I like the new logo so I'm finally leaving a review because of that.
The best player for audiobooks. Period.
I tried many audiobook apps and this is by far the best. Read the help to learn the many features. The support is also great. I had a small issue and a request and got an answer after 10 minutes saying that both will be in the next version in 2-3 weeks time. Thanks.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Books
- Updated: May 04, 2016
- Version: 7.5.3
- Size: 44.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Freshmowed Software
- © 2016 Freshmowed Software
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Play Unlimited Audiobooks and Podcasts$3.99