Bookly (formerly known as Bookout) helps you track and manage your books, make a habit out of reading and see your progress over time.
Reading is an important part of our lives and now with Bookly you can make sure to read every day in the form of a daily workout. Track your reading in real time and get access to awesome stats that will help you improve and read even more.
- Track and manage your entire library of books
- Setup book Collections to easily manage your books
- Track your reading in real time, start daily reading sessions
- Add quotes and thoughts for each book
- If you add image quotes you can personalise them by highlighting the text, adding stickers and adding annotations
- Get book details by scanning the ISBN code or searching -online
- Play ambient sounds while you read to make your experience even more pleasurable
- Gather tons of insightful stats:
- total read time
- total pages read
- reading speed
- time read per day
- pages read per day
- days you read in a row
- most days you read in a row
- and many more
- Setup monthly or yearly goals
- monthly goals allows you to set up the number of hours or pages you want to read during a month or any other time period you might want
- yearly goals allows you to set up the number of books you want to read during a year
- Unlock many achievements that can help you stay motivated and read even more.
- Generate awesome infographics for every book you finish
- Use Text Recognition to save those moving quotes
- Store and sync your books among devices using iCloud
- Never lose a book again, mark a book as lent and enter the name to whom you gave it
- Remember to give back the books you borrow by entering the person from whom you borrowed them
- Take advantage of Widgets and get access to your books with a single swipe
- Use 3d Touch for quick actions, both on your home screen and within the app
Bookly has a great sticker pack also. Use it to express your reading related thoughts in a fun and easy way.
Bookly offers three auto-renewing subscription options:
$4.99 per month
$19.99 per 6 months
$29.99 per year
These prices are for United States customers. Pricing in other countries may vary and actual charges may be converted to your local currency depending on the country of residence.
Your Bookly subscription will automatically renew at the end of each term and your credit card will be charged through your iTunes account. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal. You can turn off auto-renew at any time from your iTunes account settings but refunds will not be provided for any unused portion of the term. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
Read more about our terms and conditions here -
*Important: This app is for book TRACKING and MANAGEMENT. Book content and the actual reading is not done in the app only the tracking of it.*
-fixed small bug that doubled the timer when using one of the ambient sounds
Ratings and Reviews
We know we should spend more time reading, but sometimes we need a little push to start turning those pages. Bookout’s cheerful achievements and easy stat-tracking encourage us to turn off the TV and curl up with a great novel. We get a real sense of satisfaction from hitting our monthly reading goals, not to mention whittling down that dusty pile of books on our nightstand.
Who came up with such great idea!
I needed something to know how many pages of a book I'm reading a day and track the progress of the book. Initially, I was using stopwatch and writing the minutes and pages down manually, but then I found this app and it made everything simple and easy. Really loved the idea of this app! You think about something and there is an app for that.
I like so much about this app from the layout to colors, feel and esthetics. Visual data and graphs help me track my progress and encourage me to read more everyday. Finding titles online is really handy, you don’t need to fill up author name and title info or take the cover photo.
For the future updates, we would love to see if there is something we could link this app with Goodreads.
Now, there is something I don’t like, the pattern of subscription. How something so simple is a monthly subscription service? I understand that there are engineers constantly working on it, but there should be at a way to pay one time and may be get some extra features. Since I'm not a heavy book reader, I would not subscribe and then forget about it and keep paying for something I’m barely using. However, I would love to support the app if there is some onetime buying feature may be with just few extra features like the option of adding 10 more books.
Again, thanks to the team for such great app and their work.
Great! Aside from a paywall for features and full screen ads.
Just found out about this app and thought I'd try it. Love the idea of stat tracking for reading. UI I think is well made and everything that the app is specifically designed to do I think is awesome. What's not so awesome is the business model. I understand needing ads for revune when you offer a free product, but full page ads are ridiculous especially when I simply want to just add a book. Secondly the price with what's locked behind the price. For such minuscule feature that do nothing more than expand what's already offered I see no reason why someone couldn't copy everything and, with what's offered for the pro version, and make it free. Or at the very least charge a one time fee. $30 a year for an app is pretty steep when I haven't read anything about the developers planning to add more content through the life of the app. Bug fixes don't count that's should be a given.
There isn't anything the app offers that I couldn't do myself with a pen and paper, it's just math. Again I think the idea is great and I'd love to use it and would be willing to buy it once for a single rate fee. But with the ads that take over the entire screen, and simple, easily replicated features locked behind a paywall, it wasn't worth my continued use. If they decide to change their business model I would definitely give it another shot. Until then...I'll stick to doing everything the app offers myself but for free.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for taking the time to try Bookly and for your honest review. First of all we agree, ads are annoying and we are removing them starting next update. As for future updates, we have a huge list of awesome features that we want to add, we will do more than just bug fixes.
- TWODOOR GAMES SRL
- 111.5 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Romanian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Bookly
- In-App Purchases
- Bookly Pro $49.99
- One Month of Pro $4.99
- Six Months of Pro $19.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.