Bookout - Reading made better
By TwoDoor Games
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Bookout helps you track and manage your books, make a habit out of reading and see your progress over time.
Reading is an important part of our lives and now with Bookout you can make sure to read every day in the form of a daily workout. Track your reading in real time and get access to awesome stats that will help you improve and read even more.
- Track and manage your entire library of books
- Track your reading in real time, start daily reading sessions
- Add quotes and thoughts for each book
- Get book details by scanning the ISBN code or searching -online
- Gather tons of insightful stats:
- total read time
- total pages read
- reading speed
- time read per day
- pages read per day
- and many more
- Setup monthly or yearly goals
- monthly goals allows you to set up the number of hours you want to read during a month
- yearly goals allows you to set up the number of books you want to read during a year
- Unlock many achievements that can help you stay motivated and read even more.
- Generate awesome infographics for every book you finish
- Never lose a book again, mark a book as lent and enter the name to whom you gave it.
- Take advantage of iOS10 Widgets and get access to your books with a single swipe
- Use 3d Touch for quick actions, both on your home screen and within the app
Bookout has a great sticker pack also. Use it to express your reading related thoughts in a fun and easy way.
*Important: This app is for book TRACKING and MANAGEMENT. Book content and the actual reading is not done in the app only the tracking of it.*
What's New in Version 1.2.2
Thank you for your feedback it helps us a lot, we are back with a new batch of fixes and improvements.
- session start date is now recorded when you start reading not when you end it
- books with the finish date after the yearly goal start date are now counted
- a fix to the reading timer to now deal with the app being terminated by iOS, no more incomplete reading sessions
- you can now share your infographic and sessions images to facebook and facebook messenger
- fixed the pro popup that kept appearing to pro users when finishing a book
- carousel now remembers the last book you saw, no need to search for it again
- fixed arrow color for the minutes/page indicator in the sessions screen (lower number is better -> green color)
- fixed infographic miscalculation for the reading speed / hour field when starting a book at a random page
- other bug fixes and improvements
Love this App, could use improvements before I use it again.
So far, I love the features of this app, and how they continually make it better to offer a better experience for encouraging reading sessions. What I'd like to see is a login screen, so that our books and information are securely saved. For instance, I recently had to exchange my phone to a new iPhone, but it didn't save my books or my reading sessions when I had to re-download all of my apps. It sucked having to start over and re-enter my books I just got done reading, and lose my spiffy infographic. :( overall, I still like the app for what it offers, but please secure our book entries and sessions, even in times like my recent situation.
UPDATE: Ever since I started to read a book where I was recording my reading sessions by percentage (%), the app keeps crashing on me. It's not usable anymore. Maybe the developers can update their app to fix these buggy issues, but for now, it's back to using GoodReads, and leaving a less stellar rating for this app in the meantime. I'll update my review when I see improvement.
UPDATE #2: after updating the app, and it still crashing, I'm finally giving up on this app. The concept is nice, but I feel like without a way to save your entries when the app crashes, thereby losing all entries when I have to re-download the app, there's no point to starting all over again. I appreciate them trying to get more people to read.
A great successor to Readmore
Just what it says on the tin!
One suggestion: make sessions editable, or possibly change the start of every session in case we skip sections
Love this app so far!
Great for tracking my reading. Plan to continue to use it, and can't wait for future features and improvements.
- Category: Books
- Updated: Jan 31, 2017
- Version: 1.2.2
- Size: 33.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: TWODOOR GAMES SRL
- © Bookout
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Bookout Pro$4.99