By Leo Mesentsev
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Top eBook Reader on the Mac.
Supported formats: EPUB, FB2, Microsoft DOC, RTF, RTFd, xHTML, Webarchive and TXT.
- Best Retina support
- Page flipping animation
- Optimized for Lion and Mountain Lion OS
- Exportable Highlighting and Notes
- Text To Speech for vision impaired people
- Very small memory footprint
- BookShelf database with easy metadata management
- Natural two pages viewing mode
- Table Of Contents with crossover hypertext links
- Hypertext links and tooltips to Notes (FB2)
- Text search function
- Fullscreen mode
- Gestures: scrolling, zooming
- Customisable operational keys
- Automatic charset encoding
- Customisable fonts family, sizes, colors, inter row spacing, margins, columns gap, etc
- Customisable book background
- Page flipping sound
- Printing and converting to PDF format
- Leap Motion controller support
IMPORTANT NOTE: This software can not open DRM encrypted e-books due to the law restrictions.
What's New in Version 4.15
If you encountered any problem with BookReader, have any suggestion or feature request, please report them on our tech support site www.macbookreader.com, or e-mail us at email@example.com, we'll be happy to help.
Fabulous eBook reader! I prefer BookReader over Kindle and iBooks. With BookReader you feel more like you’re reading a conventional book, whereas the other readers seem more web-based. The other readers are fine; don’t misunderstand me. But BookReader is a delight and flawless. I wish they made a version for Windows.
By way of background, I am the publisher of a small imprint, K-Selected Books. Besides this, I’m an author of numerous conventional books. And, if it means anything to this review, I’m a retired university professor for whom publishing was a way of life.
Calvin Luther Martin, PhD
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Feb 02, 2015
- Version: 4.15
- Size: 10.4 MB
- Languages: English, Czech, German, Italian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Leo Mesentsev
- © Copyright 2011 L.Y.Mesentsev, All rights reserved.
Compatibility: OS X 10.7 or later, 64-bit processor