Top eBook Reader on the Mac.
Supported formats: EPUB, MOBI, PRC, AZW, FB2, PDF, Microsoft DOC, RTF, RTFd, xHTML, Webarchive and TXT.
- Best Retina support
- Page flipping animation
- Optimized for macOS Sierra
- Exportable Highlighting and Notes
- Exportable Books
- Text To Speech for vision impaired people
- Very small memory footprint
- BookShelf database with easy metadata management
- Natural two pages viewing mode
- Table Of Contents with crossover hypertext links
- Hypertext links and tooltips to Notes (FB2)
- Text search function
- Fullscreen mode
- Gestures: scrolling, zooming
- Customisable operational keys
- Automatic charset encoding
- Customisable fonts family, sizes, colors, inter row spacing, margins, columns gap, etc
- Customisable book background
- Page flipping sound
- Printing and converting to PDF format
- Leap Motion controller support
IMPORTANT NOTE: This software can not open DRM encrypted e-books due to the law restrictions.
Ratings and Reviews
Exports, but doesn’t convert
I was really looking for a book reader that would allow me to convert my .MOBI and .EPUB files to PDF. The description of the app says it supports an export function and also supports PDF. PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS PROGRAM WILL NOT CONVERT BETWEEN FORMATS. The online manual and trial versions aren’t really clear on this, so I’m out $9.99 for the gamble.
That said, it does its job well enough. If you’re looking for a good ebook reader, this one works fine, but don’t expect much else.
First of all, thank you for your feedback, it is very appreciated. In fact this app is a BookReader, not a Book Converter, as clearly stated in the description. Yes, it supports the PDF format, but for reading with some limited editing functions. HOWEVER, Surprisingly BookReader CAN do the conversion from any of the supported e-book formats to PDF and I will explain you how to achieve that. Open any book from the Bookshelf and press Cmd-P (or menu File -> Print). In the Print dialog choose Save as PDF from the dropdown in the bottom left corner. And voila! Your whole book is converted to PDF.
If you find this approach useful, please give 5 stars to BookReader, enjoy!!
This app does exactly what it claims. To me that’s a great app. I have had no trouble opening and reading books in the formats the app is made to support. I would buy from this developer again.
No iOS version
This sounded like a great app. Unfortunately there doen’t seem to be an iOS version making it essentially useless.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.