By VitalSource Technologies, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Use VitalSource Bookshelf® to download and access VitalSource textbooks on your iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch. Read your books online or offline, search across your full library, and create notes and highlights to help you study.
• Download books to your iOS device for easy online or offline reading.
• Simple, user-friendly navigation and a clean reading experience.
• Search inside your current book or across your full library.
• Select text to create notes or highlights from your mobile device.
• Tap to open figures, view captions and pinch to zoom.
• Sync your bookmarks, last page read and all of your notes and highlights between your iOS device and our desktop or web-based Bookshelf apps.
• VitalSource Bookshelf account
• Access to one or more VitalSource textbooks
• iOS 7+
What's New in Version 3.9.2
This version has some bug fixes and security enhancements.
We are working hard to make sure you enjoy Bookshelf. If you find a bug, have an issue, or think of a way to make it better, please let us know: firstname.lastname@example.org
Works great, share highlighting across multiple devices
This app works great on iPhone 6, although a bigger screen would be helpful. I especially like how your mouse highlighting carries over from online viewing to downloaded versions on multiple devices. Definitely much easier to read on desktop version of bookshelf software, but turning iPhone sideways makes it readable while walking (landscape view). Audio reading option is convenient by simply pressing on a word to tell it where to start, although the intonation is more like a robot speaking - it blurs headings & first sentence together like a run-on sentence which requires vigilant listener interpretation. And it sounds nothing like a bona fide Audiobook. That being said, it does highlight the sentence being read which helps a LOT as long as you're not driving or listening passively. It also offers 0.5, 1.0 & 1.5X reading speed. However, for technical material in textbooks, they REALLY need a 0.75X reading speed since 0.5X sounds like an old mini-casette recorder in slow playback mode (or low battery power). For this reason only, I am rating it 4 stars vs 5.
Good, practical app!
This app works very well for me. It's beyond practical to have the reading function so that I am able to listen to my textbooks while cleaning, cooking, driving, doing laundry, etc. I also like being able to choose vertical or horizontal scrolling. Vertical seems to work best when listening to books because I can advance the pages without pausing the reader. It took me a few days to discover the "start reading" function but once I did I fell in love with this app!
I am really happy with this app. I am in the car a lot and I'm always using the read to me feature while I drive. All I have to do I highlight a word and then the text reads to me from that point on. I am so glad I ordered my books though vital source this semester! Also the pages have numbers unlike some kindle books I have purchased in the past.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Education
- Updated: Nov 22, 2016
- Version: 3.9.2
- Size: 95.5 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese, Welsh
- Seller: Vital Source Technologies, Inc.
- © 2015 VitalSource Technologies Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.