Boom - Experience the best audio, always!
By Global Delight Technologies Pvt. Ltd
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
*** PLEASE NOTE ***
This is the old version of Boom and it will only receive one more update (initial compatibility when OS X El Capitan officially releases) and customer support until mid 2016. If you’re on OS X Yosemite (10.10 and later), please check out the critically acclaimed Boom 2, a new app that comes with a beautiful interface and much more features!
Boom is an award-winning audio app that promises an audio experience unlike any other, providing complete sound immersion and sensory fulfilment.
By utilising a seamless process, it lets you create volume-optimised media files & playlists. You also get to enjoy this boosted music experience on the iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad.
In addition, with the help of an optional component which works akin to the volume controls on your Mac, Boom effortlessly optimizes and enhances any audio coming from your system on a system wide basis, making it crisper, clearer and a much better sounding experience.
Blow away the silence with Boom!
Visit : http://www.globaldelight.com/boom-1/ to know more.
If you face any issues with Boom, please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on:
What's New in Version 1.9.4
Boom v1.9.4 brings following bug fixes for OS X 10.10 users:
- Fix related to the 'audio mute’ issue when Boom is and is not in use.
- HDMI fixes related to automatic audio device switching.
Good. Could be great.
No question: BOOM puts some juice into our anemic Mac speakers. Even for watching online films/vids, I can finally hear the dialogue well.
1) I’ve had some interference from BOOM with my Bluetooth ops (I stream through a Mitsubishi LED with built-in sound bar). For quite a while, I couldn’t get the Bluetooth to work on the TV at all after I’d installed BOOM. The update seems to have solved this.
2) After 4 years of NEVER having the issue, my computer has been spontaneously resetting the volume to mute while asleep from time to time. Irritating, if not tragic.
3) The EQ (in a number of different settings) tends to produce distorted bass. Wish this could be corrected!
A must have for music lovers
Music sounds so much more dynamic and full with the equalizer. It makes such a difference and it’s awesome that it applies to all music output, not limiting me to only equalize music playing out of iTunes. The volume override is also great for times your computer’s built-in speakers just don’t cut it. Maybe you’re trying to play something for a crowd of people in a room or something. Boosting the volume beyond the Mac’s default range can really help and it surprisingly doesn’t distort the sound nearly as much as I’d expect.
good - could be great
boom 2 is out and looks and sounds great on my mbp - the uninstall process for this requires a restart which they do not tell you about - have to run a script the always gives errors and doesnt remove everything - having installed boom 2 it still shows boom in sound prefs altho it was supposed to have been uninstalled - also this version when you check launch at startup does not work - hs to be launched everytime you restart - other than that - LOL - it does magic with the sound and thats all its really supposed to do so thats why its a 4
- Category: Music
- Updated: Mar 27, 2015
- Version: 1.9.4
- Size: 8.6 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: Global Delight Technologies Pvt. Ltd
- © 2011-2015, Global Delight Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
Compatibility: OS X 10.8 or later